Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Shopping & Freebies > Discount Codes 'n Vouchers > 1 month’s free trial at LA Fitness plus other hea... (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
1 month’s free trial at LA Fitness plus other health clubs
Closed Thread
Views: 66,159
# 1
WOW Factor 0
MSE Martin
Old 29-05-2007, 2:23 PM
Money Saving Expert
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Default 1 month’s free trial at LA Fitness plus other health clubs

What’s the deal?

Beauty website BeautyGuild.com is offering users a month’s free trial at participating LA Fitness, Dragons, Otium or Quality Living health clubs. Thus MoneySavers can sign up, grab the free trial, and then if they don't want to continue cancel without having paid a penny.

How to grab the trial

First check if there is a gym near you, using the gym locator.

Next, click through, fill out the application form and take it along to your nearest gym.

Important. Whenever you join, free trial lasts until the end of the calendar month, so you should wait until Friday 1 June to get the most value from the offer (ie if you join on 30 May, you’ll only get one day).

To get your free trial you will be asked complete a direct debit form (LA Fitness & Dragons) or enter credit card details (Otium & Quality Living). You need to remember to cancel so if you’re the forgetful type, this deal’s not for you.

How to Cancel

Make sure you put a date in your diary when you need to decide whether to continue or not, or the money will just drip out of your account (see Cheap Gyms article for more info on getting cheap gyms)

You must cancel your membership by 17 June or you’ll be charged the full fee for the next month. To cancel you have to click on special link the gym website emails you.

The good news you can cancel the DD at any point before 17 June and your free trial will still last until 30 June.

Martin

Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.

Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.

Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000

Last edited by MSE Martin; 31-05-2007 at 5:34 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MSE Martin For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2
Gooner_Chris
Old 29-05-2007, 2:26 PM
MoneySaving Convert

seems good to me mate. i've signed up
# 3
harryharp
Old 30-05-2007, 12:50 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Martin- just wondered, when you say 'Whenever you join, free trial lasts until the end of the calendar month' does that mean when you actually sign up on their website and fill in direct debit details etc, this counts as 'joining', ie. should you actually wait until 1st June to do this, or does the one month go from the date you actually go into the gym with your free month voucher?
Harpists do it in a heavenly way.....
# 4
jbellj
Old 30-05-2007, 12:59 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Whenever you join, free trial lasts until the end of the calendar month, so ideally you should join on 1 June to get the most value from the offer (ie if you join on 30 May, you’ll only get one day).
I would wait till Friday before taking this up.
The Following User Says Thank You to jbellj For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5
drpachu
Old 30-05-2007, 1:42 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Default wait till 1st jUne?

I am going for it but will sign up friday.Hope the website will be ok and cope with the demand.
gooner have you already signed up??!!
something missing

Last edited by drpachu; 30-05-2007 at 1:45 PM. Reason: mistake date
# 6
adidas
Old 30-05-2007, 5:41 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Why does it say 'don't cancel the DD with the bank or LA fitness'? I'd like to do this as well as cancelling with the link the company sends me. Also, can you use this offer even if you were a member of the gym before? I've read the T n C and it doesn't say anything about it.

Last edited by adidas; 30-05-2007 at 5:50 PM.
# 7
r2mahara
Old 30-05-2007, 9:13 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
The good news you can cancel the DD at any point before 17 June and your free trial will still last until 30 June.
I'm concerned as well - since this is against the joining instructions. When you cancel via the link - does the voucher still last until the end of June?
# 8
robot1000
Old 30-05-2007, 11:45 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

They'll probably send you the email the day before you have to cancel

Quote:
If you don’t want to continue your membership after your free trial you must cancel your membership by midnight on June 17th - to cancel just click on the link we will email you. Do not cancel your direct debit at your bank or at the club. If you decide you don’t want to continue membership beyond your free trial that’s absolutely fine – this is a genuine FREE month offer – but only cancel by clicking on the link we will email you.
# 9
robinson79
Old 31-05-2007, 11:55 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Thumbs up

Just signed up, sounds like a great deal!!

....got 3 weeks to get in shape before i head to Italy :confused:

btw if you sign up today you still get until the end of June

x
# 10
MSE Archna
Old 31-05-2007, 3:27 PM
Senior Researcher
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryharp View Post
Martin- just wondered, when you say 'Whenever you join, free trial lasts until the end of the calendar month' does that mean when you actually sign up on their website and fill in direct debit details etc, this counts as 'joining', ie. should you actually wait until 1st June to do this, or does the one month go from the date you actually go into the gym with your free month voucher?
Hi Harry,

The trial will start from the day you sign up online, not the day you take the voucher into the gym, so to get the best out of the offer sign up 1 June. The voucher will have the date you signed up online printed on it. Hope this helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to MSE Archna For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 11
Woodyrocks
Old 31-05-2007, 5:12 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinson79 View Post
Just signed up, sounds like a great deal!!

....got 3 weeks to get in shape before i head to Italy :confused:

btw if you sign up today you still get until the end of June

x

I shan't take the risk and just wait until tomorrow morning to sign up methinks! Great deal though. Going for the Club Peak seeing as I am not paying. Thanks Martin
# 12
r2mahara
Old 31-05-2007, 7:51 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Is it possible to cancel right away? It seems like the voucher is still valid for a month.
# 13
mrdoran
Old 01-06-2007, 10:19 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

can someone guide me to the link to cancel the membership. thanks
# 14
suzanne79
Old 01-06-2007, 11:21 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Hi,
Ive just signed up for this offer online for my local branch of fitness first, cant wait to start using it!
Does anyone know what you have to do - do you go in and just show your voucher and they let you through?
Also, do you have to do an induction at the gym? Even if you've been a member of a gym before?
Any help would be great, thanks.
Suzanne
# 15
drpachu
Old 01-06-2007, 6:38 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Default printing off voucher

For those who have already signed up,do we have to print it off straight away or will it be sent by email and printed off later? any ideas?my printer is off and wonder I could print it off somwhere else
something missing
# 16
Woodyrocks
Old 01-06-2007, 7:26 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Just signed up Think I might just click the cancel link provided straightaway but no chance of me forgetting to...
# 17
Woodyrocks
Old 02-06-2007, 10:51 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Ooh, off to my first session soon Have a pilates class starting at noon. The gym is about 10mins away so its super convenient. Have also booked in for circuits and body pump tomorrow morning. I adore classes!

June is going to be a brilliant month!!
# 18
r2mahara
Old 02-06-2007, 6:56 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
For those who have already signed up,do we have to print it off straight away or will it be sent by email and printed off later? any ideas?my printer is off and wonder I could print it off somwhere else
There is a link in the email that you can click to print off your voucher right away.
# 19
moody
Old 03-06-2007, 8:12 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Could somebody who has signed up let us know how the cancellation works? Are you sent a link for the cancellation in the email that you get once you sign up (ie. can you cancel immediately?) or do they send it at a later date?

Thanks
# 20
Woodyrocks
Old 03-06-2007, 9:20 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

The cancellation link is set with the email confirming your sign-up. There is also a link on the webpage you register on, so you can also click on that.

Hope that helps!

The card I was issued at the gym has my end date as 02-07-07 so I get a couple of extra days This is one of the best freebies I have received through this site and spent another 2hrs in the gym today, finishing off in the sauna and jacuzzi after my class

Last edited by Woodyrocks; 03-06-2007 at 9:23 PM.
Closed Thread