Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Martin
    • By MSE Martin 29th May 07, 2:23 PM
    • 8,095Posts
    • 42,225Thanks
    MSE Martin
    0 WOW
    1 month’s free trial at LA Fitness plus other health clubs
    • 29th May 07, 2:23 PM
    0 WOW
    1 month’s free trial at LA Fitness plus other health clubs 29th May 07 at 2:23 PM
    What’s the deal?

Beauty website BeautyGuild.com is offering users a month’s free trial at participating LA Fitness, Dragons, Otium or Quality Living health clubs. Thus MoneySavers can sign up, grab the free trial, and then if they don't want to continue cancel without having paid a penny.

How to grab the trial

First check if there is a gym near you, using the gym locator.

Next, click through, fill out the application form and take it along to your nearest gym.

Important. Whenever you join, free trial lasts until the end of the calendar month, so you should wait until Friday 1 June to get the most value from the offer (ie if you join on 30 May, you’ll only get one day).

To get your free trial you will be asked complete a direct debit form (LA Fitness & Dragons) or enter credit card details (Otium & Quality Living). You need to remember to cancel so if you’re the forgetful type, this deal’s not for you.

How to Cancel

Make sure you put a date in your diary when you need to decide whether to continue or not, or the money will just drip out of your account (see Cheap Gyms article for more info on getting cheap gyms)

You must cancel your membership by 17 June or you’ll be charged the full fee for the next month. To cancel you have to click on special link the gym website emails you.

The good news you can cancel the DD at any point before 17 June and your free trial will still last until 30 June.

Martin

Last edited by MSE Martin; 31-05-2007 at 5:34 PM.
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.

Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.

Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
Page 1
  • Gooner_Chris
    • 29th May 07, 2:26 PM
    • 29th May 07, 2:26 PM
    seems good to me mate. i've signed up
  • harryharp
    • 30th May 07, 12:50 PM
    • 30th May 07, 12:50 PM
    Martin- just wondered, when you say 'Whenever you join, free trial lasts until the end of the calendar month' does that mean when you actually sign up on their website and fill in direct debit details etc, this counts as 'joining', ie. should you actually wait until 1st June to do this, or does the one month go from the date you actually go into the gym with your free month voucher?
    Harpists do it in a heavenly way.....
    • jbellj
    • By jbellj 30th May 07, 12:59 PM
    • 91 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    jbellj
    • 30th May 07, 12:59 PM
    • 30th May 07, 12:59 PM
    Whenever you join, free trial lasts until the end of the calendar month, so ideally you should join on 1 June to get the most value from the offer (ie if you join on 30 May, you’ll only get one day).
    I would wait till Friday before taking this up.
  • drpachu
    • 30th May 07, 1:42 PM
    wait till 1st jUne?
    • 30th May 07, 1:42 PM
    I am going for it but will sign up friday.Hope the website will be ok and cope with the demand.
    gooner have you already signed up??!!
    Last edited by drpachu; 30-05-2007 at 1:45 PM. Reason: mistake date
    something missing
    • adidas
    • By adidas 30th May 07, 5:41 PM
    • 252 Posts
    • 40 Thanks
    adidas
    • 30th May 07, 5:41 PM
    • 30th May 07, 5:41 PM
    Why does it say 'don't cancel the DD with the bank or LA fitness'? I'd like to do this as well as cancelling with the link the company sends me. Also, can you use this offer even if you were a member of the gym before? I've read the T n C and it doesn't say anything about it.
    Last edited by adidas; 30-05-2007 at 5:50 PM.
    • r2mahara
    • By r2mahara 30th May 07, 9:13 PM
    • 77 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    r2mahara
    • 30th May 07, 9:13 PM
    • 30th May 07, 9:13 PM
    The good news you can cancel the DD at any point before 17 June and your free trial will still last until 30 June.
    I'm concerned as well - since this is against the joining instructions. When you cancel via the link - does the voucher still last until the end of June?
    • robot1000
    • By robot1000 30th May 07, 11:45 PM
    • 254 Posts
    • 52 Thanks
    robot1000
    • 30th May 07, 11:45 PM
    • 30th May 07, 11:45 PM
    They'll probably send you the email the day before you have to cancel

If you don’t want to continue your membership after your free trial you must cancel your membership by midnight on June 17th - to cancel just click on the link we will email you. Do not cancel your direct debit at your bank or at the club. If you decide you don’t want to continue membership beyond your free trial that’s absolutely fine – this is a genuine FREE month offer – but only cancel by clicking on the link we will email you.
  • robinson79
    • 31st May 07, 11:55 AM
    • 31st May 07, 11:55 AM
    Just signed up, sounds like a great deal!!

....got 3 weeks to get in shape before i head to Italy :confused:

btw if you sign up today you still get until the end of June

x
    • MSE Archna
    • By MSE Archna 31st May 07, 3:27 PM
    • 1,871 Posts
    • 5,991 Thanks
    MSE Archna
    Martin- just wondered, when you say 'Whenever you join, free trial lasts until the end of the calendar month' does that mean when you actually sign up on their website and fill in direct debit details etc, this counts as 'joining', ie. should you actually wait until 1st June to do this, or does the one month go from the date you actually go into the gym with your free month voucher?
    Originally posted by harryharp
    Hi Harry,

The trial will start from the day you sign up online, not the day you take the voucher into the gym, so to get the best out of the offer sign up 1 June. The voucher will have the date you signed up online printed on it. Hope this helps.
    Report inappropriate posts: forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Woodyrocks
    • By Woodyrocks 31st May 07, 5:12 PM
    • 1,889 Posts
    • 1,547 Thanks
    Woodyrocks
    Just signed up, sounds like a great deal!!

....got 3 weeks to get in shape before i head to Italy :confused:

btw if you sign up today you still get until the end of June

x
    Originally posted by robinson79

I shan't take the risk and just wait until tomorrow morning to sign up methinks! Great deal though. Going for the Club Peak seeing as I am not paying. Thanks Martin
    Savings target: £12,000 by February 2017!
    Total so far: £5600...(March 2016)
    • r2mahara
    • By r2mahara 31st May 07, 7:51 PM
    • 77 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    r2mahara
    Is it possible to cancel right away? It seems like the voucher is still valid for a month.
  • mrdoran
    can someone guide me to the link to cancel the membership. thanks
  • suzanne79
    Hi,
    Ive just signed up for this offer online for my local branch of fitness first, cant wait to start using it!
    Does anyone know what you have to do - do you go in and just show your voucher and they let you through?
    Also, do you have to do an induction at the gym? Even if you've been a member of a gym before?
    Any help would be great, thanks.
    Suzanne
  • drpachu
    printing off voucher
    For those who have already signed up,do we have to print it off straight away or will it be sent by email and printed off later? any ideas?my printer is off and wonder I could print it off somwhere else
    something missing
    • Woodyrocks
    • By Woodyrocks 1st Jun 07, 7:26 PM
    • 1,889 Posts
    • 1,547 Thanks
    Woodyrocks
    Just signed up Think I might just click the cancel link provided straightaway but no chance of me forgetting to...
    • Woodyrocks
    • By Woodyrocks 2nd Jun 07, 10:51 AM
    • 1,889 Posts
    • 1,547 Thanks
    Woodyrocks
    Ooh, off to my first session soon Have a pilates class starting at noon. The gym is about 10mins away so its super convenient. Have also booked in for circuits and body pump tomorrow morning. I adore classes!

June is going to be a brilliant month!!
    • r2mahara
    • By r2mahara 2nd Jun 07, 6:56 PM
    • 77 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    r2mahara
    For those who have already signed up,do we have to print it off straight away or will it be sent by email and printed off later? any ideas?my printer is off and wonder I could print it off somwhere else
    There is a link in the email that you can click to print off your voucher right away.
  • moody
    Could somebody who has signed up let us know how the cancellation works? Are you sent a link for the cancellation in the email that you get once you sign up (ie. can you cancel immediately?) or do they send it at a later date?

Thanks
    • Woodyrocks
    • By Woodyrocks 3rd Jun 07, 9:20 PM
    • 1,889 Posts
    • 1,547 Thanks
    Woodyrocks
    The cancellation link is set with the email confirming your sign-up. There is also a link on the webpage you register on, so you can also click on that.

Hope that helps!

The card I was issued at the gym has my end date as 02-07-07 so I get a couple of extra days This is one of the best freebies I have received through this site and spent another 2hrs in the gym today, finishing off in the sauna and jacuzzi after my class
    Last edited by Woodyrocks; 03-06-2007 at 9:23 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

281Posts Today

1,320Users online

Martin's Twitter