PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Research Paper - UK Property Market!

Options
Hello friends!

I am submitting a research paper on the state of the UK Property market this summer and would like to invite your opinions re. the biggest problem(s) / hurdle(s) with the property buying process?

So far, I have interviewed more than 50 house buyers, 10 property agents, 2 mortage brokers and numerous MSE threads. The answer seems to be unanimous: the timeline of property purchase and gazumping!

Your insights will be greatly appreciated! :T

My apologies, if this is not the right forum for such a question.

Comments

• Errata
    Errata Posts: 38,230 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You've interviewed numerous MSE threads? That's clever.
    .................:)....I'm smiling because I have no idea what's going on ...:)
  • DRP
    DRP Posts: 4,280 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello friends!

I am submitting a research paper on the state of the UK Property market this summer and would like to invite your opinions re. the biggest problem(s) / hurdle(s) with the property buying process?

So far, I have interviewed more than 50 house buyers, 10 property agents, 2 mortage brokers and numerous MSE threads. The answer seems to be unanimous: the timeline of property purchase and gazumping!

Are you telling us what the biggest problems are, or are you asking us for our opinions?

If you are submitting a research paper, then I would make sure you are very careful in how you collect and collate your data, in order to prevent bias ;)
  • AmGoingNuts
    Options
    Errata - sorry, I meant 'browsed';

DRP - I am asking. Your problem(s) / hurdle(s) during the property buying process. Beyond the quantitative outcomes, the research will focus on pattern recognition and hoard mentality!
  • googler
    googler Posts: 16,103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Are you looking at the UK property market, or merely that in England & Wales?

How many people, agents, etc. have you interviewed in or from Scotland?
  • Errata
    Errata Posts: 38,230 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options

DRP - I am asking. Your problem(s) / hurdle(s) during the property buying process. Beyond the quantitative outcomes, the research will focus on pattern recognition and hoard mentality!
    And you are? And you will be submitting your study to who?
    .................:)....I'm smiling because I have no idea what's going on ...:)
  • googler
    googler Posts: 16,103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Dontcha mean horde?
  • Itismehonest
    Itismehonest Posts: 4,352 Forumite
    Options
    Hello friends!

I'm presuming, therefore, that you aren't interested in the whole market - just buying? For vendors gazundering is the menace.
  • AmGoingNuts
    AmGoingNuts Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    yeah, typo there, meant horde.

I am a MBA Student at a London based school and the papers will be submitted to the department head!

Just 1 agent and 6 buyers in Scotand. The research is aimed at the buying process, although some perspective will be provided on sellers as well, but this is going to be limited.
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    googler wrote: »
    Dontcha mean horde?

Or perhaps 'herd'?

After all, the days of Mongol or other invaders are long past now. :)
  • christopher1977
    Options
    Hello friends!

the biggest hurdle is the ridiculous price of properties/
    /endofthread
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills