Where can I get a new Blue Badge timer disc from?

Options
luminated
luminated Posts: 1,168 Forumite
edited 28 May 2013 at 12:13PM in Disability money matters
Mine is well & truly worn out now so wondered where I can buy a new one but not just another card one but something more durable?

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Comments

• bigboybrother
    Options
    luminated wrote: »
    Mine is well & truly worn out now so wondered where I can buy a new one but not just another card one but something more durable?

Use some selotape round the edges - works a treat - I did mine a few months back as I couldn't be bothered getting the council to send me another one. Knowing them they would simply send out an application form for a BB!!
  • Horseunderwater
    Options
    I think that they only come in cardboard versions at least the council ones do. They are free form them and they will send you out a new one if yours has been damaged or has worn out. Just ring them up and ask. I keep mine in a leather wallet that I bought off a seller on ebay - red leather and it has kept it in good nick.
  • alanrp123
    alanrp123 Posts: 409 Forumite
    Options
    They are available in plastic from some councils, for free!.:)
  • only_mee
    only_mee Posts: 2,367 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mine new one is plastic, far more durable.
  • Richie-from-the-Boro
    Options
    Price varies from free to about £3 for the plastic integrated clock - folder.

[IMG][/img]o85x6Dk.png
    Disclaimer : Everything I write on this forum is my opinion. I try to be an even-handed poster and accept that you at times may not agree with these opinions or how I choose to express them, this is not my problem. The Disabled : If years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years - Alf Morris - ℜ
  • only_mee
    only_mee Posts: 2,367 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You got a link for that one please, Richie?
  • Mojo_Fones
    Mojo_Fones Posts: 66 Forumite
    Options
    only_mee wrote: »
    You got a link for that one please, Richie?

I'd like one too. :)
  • Richie-from-the-Boro
    Options
    Mojo & only_mee,

I can't re-find that exact one at the moment, I'm out all day today, but I will find it for you and post a link in this thread.

What attracted me to this design [there are mi££ions after your money] is not only the plastic clock but the critical point that the new [post Jan 2013] blue badge hologram is not behind plastic and complies with the new Department of Transport guidelines to facilitate hand held device scanning per the new national dBase..
    Disclaimer : Everything I write on this forum is my opinion. I try to be an even-handed poster and accept that you at times may not agree with these opinions or how I choose to express them, this is not my problem. The Disabled : If years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years - Alf Morris - ℜ
  • JS477
    JS477 Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    Options
    I've just rang Kent CC up and even if you're from another Authority you can order one of these.

Here
  • Mojo_Fones
    Mojo_Fones Posts: 66 Forumite
    Options
    Richie and JS477,

Thanks to you both, I'll be ordering. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure