Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Work & Benefits > Boost Your Income > Maximising income - Mystery Shopping? Surveys? (P... (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Maximising income - Mystery Shopping? Surveys? (Part Two)
Closed Thread
Views: 189,439
# 1
nearlyrich
Old 16-05-2007, 3:09 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Default Maximising income - Mystery Shopping? Surveys? (Part Two)

Due to the very long thread that has developed on this topic I have been asked to start part two as long threads slow the site down. I have copied the main info from post one on the old thread into this one thanks to Leni who started the original thread and all contributors.

Happy shopping!

Nearlyrich BG

MYSTERY SHOPPING ADVICE

COMPANIES USED BY CURRENT MSE Mystery Shoppers

Grassroots

www.grgresearch.com
Allocation of Jobs – via email or telephone calls
Pay Day – Varies but usually 3-4 weeks after your assignment by BACS
TAX – Self Employed (you sort your own)

Retaileyes
www.retaileyes.co.uk
Allocation of Jobs – Self allocation, you need to keep checking the website
Pay Day – 15th of the month following your assignment by cheque or BACS

GapBuster
www.gapbuster.com/
Allocation of Jobs - Self allocation, you need to keep checking the website
Pay Day – 24th of the month following your assignment by BACS

TNS
www.tns-global.com (Click Mystery Shopping Link in Pink, bottom Left)
Allocation of Jobs -
Pay Day – 28th of the month following the assignment
TAX – Employed, TNS will sort your tax out for you!

BAI
www.baidata.com
Allocation of Jobs – Self allocation although they contact you to tell you if you were successful in obtaining that assignment.
Pay Day – 15th of the month following the assignment
Tax –

GFK/NOP
http://www.gfknop.co.uk/sectors.asp?go=myst

Pay Day = Every 2nd Thursday (pay claims to be submitted the 1st Thursday of the month)

Retail Maxim
www.retail-maxim.co.uk
Allocation of Jobs -
Pay Day –
Tax –

TAX

If you wish to do Mystery Shopping, even just one job, you need to register with the Inland Revenue within 3 month or you could face a fine of £100.

Forms and Guidelines you will need –

Self Employed people with small earnings Guidance - http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/forms/cf10.pdf

To register as Self Employed you will need to either ring the IR (Inland Revenue) ON 08459 15 45 15 or download and send back the form CWF1 (http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/forms/cwf1.pdf )

You may also be required to pay National Insurance at the rate of £2.10 a week, but only if you earn more than £4345 after expenses in any one year THROUGH Self Employment. This means earning more than £4345 in addition to you other employment. If you think you will earn less than £4345 in the financial year, then you can apply for a “Certificate of Small Earnings Exception” which means you will not have to pay NI (National Insurance) Contributions. The Exception application can be found at the end of this document CF10 - http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/forms/cf10.pdf

Information on Self Assessment - http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/sa/selfemp.htm
NEW to the Forum? I'm the Board Guide on
Debt-Free Wannabe

I can move and change posts but I don't have time to read everything. If you spot a reportable post please use the button below.

Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
Free impartial debt advice from: National Debtline or Stepchange
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to nearlyrich For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2
jobbingmusician
Old 16-05-2007, 3:31 PM

Thanks, Nearlyrich, for all the invaluable work you do on this board, and for putting the lovely sticky first post
I'm the Board Guide on the Matched Betting; Referrers and Jobseeking & Trainingboards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jobbingmusician For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
pondie1
Old 16-05-2007, 7:46 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

can someone help,im stuck on the training quiz on gfk/nop are we allowed to ask for answers on this,i keep gettin several wrong etc,driving me mad tryin to get past that part
# 4
Genie75
Old 17-05-2007, 10:27 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by pondie1 View Post
can someone help,im stuck on the training quiz on gfk/nop are we allowed to ask for answers on this,i keep gettin several wrong etc,driving me mad tryin to get past that part
If you open two browsers then you can check the training as you do the test. If you get really stuck, then contact NOP. They'll be happy to help and sometimes it's something as simple as a question not being changed to match a new scenario.
The Following User Says Thank You to Genie75 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5
DonnaP
Old 17-05-2007, 12:40 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Hi

I have finally got my first assignment this weekend! I have been registered for a while but have never been quick enough off the mark to get one.

When does the briefing pack arrive generally? The assignment is on Sunday (when should I chase)?

Thanks

Donna
# 6
Pumpkin
Old 17-05-2007, 2:24 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaP View Post
Hi

I have finally got my first assignment this weekend! I have been registered for a while but have never been quick enough off the mark to get one.

When does the briefing pack arrive generally? The assignment is on Sunday (when should I chase)?

Thanks

Donna
Hi Donna,

Which MS company is it for? TNS seem to be quite slow at sending their packs out, the latest I have ever had one from them is the day of the visit! I would wait until tomorrow lunchtime.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pumpkin For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 7
DonnaP
Old 17-05-2007, 2:44 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Hi Pumpkin

It is grass roots, but as soon as I posted this message, they sent me the pack!!

Donna
# 8
catwoman150
Old 17-05-2007, 5:51 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Have got an assignment with gg on friday and I have just got the paperwork through. When i tried to print it off it only prints some of it. The width is too long to go on the paper when I am printing it.
Has anyone had the same problem.

If so how are you able to print all the details of it.

Thanks
cross stitch cafe #90 UFO's 6 to finish in 2013, and loads of new kits to boot
Refunded bank overdraft charges £915
SPC 2007-2008 #078 aim £500-£341.67
SPC 2011-2012 #078 aim £500-£426.42
SPC 2012-2013 #078aim £500 - TBC
# 9
jobbingmusician
Old 17-05-2007, 6:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catwoman150 View Post
Have got an assignment with gg on friday and I have just got the paperwork through. When i tried to print it off it only prints some of it. The width is too long to go on the paper when I am printing it.
Has anyone had the same problem.

If so how are you able to print all the details of it.

Thanks

Catwoman, are you using Internet Explorer, or are you by chance using another browser such as Firefox? Some of these mystery shopping forms will only work with IE - I keep suffering from this, and wish they would drag their software into the 21st century!
I'm the Board Guide on the Matched Betting; Referrers and Jobseeking & Trainingboards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

# 10
catwoman150
Old 17-05-2007, 7:09 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

internet explorer and then I open it up into word.
# 11
jobbingmusician
Old 17-05-2007, 8:00 PM

Hmmm - i seem to remember this problem before in a very old post - have you tried fiddling with the margins?

# 12
catwoman150
Old 17-05-2007, 8:23 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

I will try this will let you know
thanks
# 13
josie
Old 17-05-2007, 10:32 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pondie1 View Post
I've been stuck on a couple of these before and with me it was something that was a bit of a double negative - like what is NOT an example of upselling and I just hadn't read the question the right way, as was always thinking of the positives - if that makes sense!
The Following User Says Thank You to josie For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 14
redcar
Old 18-05-2007, 8:26 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Location: Nowhere near Redcar - lovely though I'm sure it is!

Quite a few phone ones on retaileyes at the moment. The most I've seen in my area for ages.
# 15
jobbingmusician
Old 19-05-2007, 10:05 PM

Oooooooooooooooo I have SUCH an interesting MS to do next week.... One of the local health provisions (which is always a revolting place to visit!)

Can't wait!

# 16
rachelandgromit
Old 20-05-2007, 10:30 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcar View Post
Quite a few phone ones on retaileyes at the moment. The most I've seen in my area for ages.
After doing one of these, I just don't think it is worth it. So many questions, it seems to take forever!
# 17
lyndsay3006
Old 20-05-2007, 11:20 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Mystery shopping and tax

Hi
I've been mystery shopping since January as well as a full time job. I told the tax office and now I've been asked to fill in a tax return. I've tried to do it but it's soo complicated. I've worked out I've earned less than £100, now I'm thinking is it really worth the hassle if I've got to fill in a tax return. Wish I'd never told them!
Any advice gratefully recieved
Thanks
# 18
catwoman150
Old 20-05-2007, 11:21 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Are BARE a good company to work for at the monment I am half way through signing up and the report part of it is putting me off a little. I work for GAP and they only have the answers already.

Any thoughts would be great.
# 19
jobbingmusician
Old 20-05-2007, 11:48 AM

BARE are great except that you never know EXACTLY how much you are going to earn, as it depends on the euro exchange rate. They pay fairly though. I haven't tried any of their more exotic (involves flapping your arms) assignments yet............

They were really great for me when I had a week off between jobs - I earnt over £100 going round car shops (only one visit required) - just what I needed to fill time and bring in a bit of pin money

# 20
shoptiludrop
Old 22-05-2007, 9:23 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Lots of new jobs on RE this morning. Go get em guys!!
Closed Thread