Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    dexters_mum
    Vauxhall Corsa 1.0 Timing Chain Recall?
    • 14th May 07, 8:36 PM
    Vauxhall Corsa 1.0 Timing Chain Recall? 14th May 07 at 8:36 PM
    I drive an 04 plate Vauxhall Corsa Club 1.0 Twinport. It has 49k on the clock and is still under finance with GE Motor Finance.

It is now 2 days out of it's warranty and I noticed a rather loud clicking noise from the engine bay, it was serviced and MOT'd on Friday (not at Vauxhall) and it has been into Vauxhall on Thursday for new tyres and there was no mention of either garage noticing any noise.

I took it into my local garage who said it is almost certainly the timing chain, apparently a common and known fault on Corsas up to 05 reg and then they were replaced by a belt and apparently they were recalled last year for checks.

I bought mine from Vauxhall main dealer in October 2004 and have always had it serviced at Vauxhall at 20k and 40k and this service, a year after my 40k service was at a local garage.

I was never informed of a recall and if there has been one, would I still be able to take mine to a Vauxhall garage.

Also, do I have any rights as the car is still under finance?

My garage has said they can repair it for 300 but he has said if I want to take it to Vauxhall they may charge me up to 1000!!

Does anyone know of the Corsa recall that was supposedly done in May 2006, I can find some unofficial information but nothing official.

Any help please!
    DM x
    2 Coin Savers Club (Christmas)- 86
    1 Jar (Christmas)- 29
    Christmas Vouchers Saved: 145
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

309Posts Today

1,319Users online

Martin's Twitter