PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Really strong clothes pegs advice

Thistle-down
Thistle-down Posts: 914 Forumite
First Post
edited 17 July 2012 at 10:26AM in Old style MoneySaving
I am looking for some really strong clothes pegs - it gets very windy here and my washing gets blown all over the neighbourhood.

I have tried "hurricane" pegs, dolly pegs, traditional pegs meant for strong wind, but I still end up chasing my laundry around. I just recently bought the strong pegs from Aldi - they were okay but not great.

Can anyone recommend any really good pegs (not too expensive either) that will actually hold the washing on the line in a gale?

Many thanks!

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]
:happylove

Comments

• whatatwit
    whatatwit Posts: 5,424 Forumite
    Maybe you need to adjust your pegging technique. :D

How much of the item do you put over the line, maybe if it was half way, the clothes wouldn't flap around as much.
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no: 203.
  • Thistle-down
    First Post
    I think my technique is okay - I have changed to hanging half of the garment over and it has helped a bit, but then it also winds up over the clothesline into a 'rope' that doesn't dry.

I need to move to a less windy place!:p
  • embb
    embb Posts: 3,118 Forumite
    All I can suggest is to put loads and loads of pegs in each item and check on them regularly, if they look like they're loosing their grip go back out and re-peg them.
  • Thistle-down
    First Post
    embb wrote: »
    All I can suggest is to put loads and loads of pegs in each item and check on them regularly, if they look like they're loosing their grip go back out and re-peg them.

That's exactly what I do now - I was hoping to find some pegs that allowed me to leave home while the laundry is drying! :confused:

;)
  • newmrslockwood
    newmrslockwood Posts: 393 Forumite
    I bought my pegs from Kleeneezy years ago, they are really good in high winds. They sell some on e-bay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/48-2pks-of-24-Cyclone-Pegs-cleaning-laundry-NEW_W0QQitemZ270116699976QQihZ017QQcategoryZ300QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

But these cost less if you buy them in town
    Nothing to declare ;)
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    I recently bought some wooden ones from Morrisons for 99p but compared to my existing wooden ones they are bigger and seem quite a bit stronger.
  • whatatwit
    whatatwit Posts: 5,424 Forumite
    Are you using a traditional type of line, strung across the garden, or one of those whirly-gig things?

I take it you have installed a wind turbine....think of all the money you could be saving on electric. :rotfl:
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no: 203.
  • code-a-holic
    code-a-holic Posts: 1,360 Forumite
    I use plastic strong ones from Wo;kps. No springs in them - 9pp for 40 if i remeber rightly!. We are exposed and windy here and nothing has ever blown off the line.
  • Thistle-down
    First Post
    I use plastic strong ones from Wo;kps.

I'm assuming this is a typo, but I can't figure out which store you meant. What are the plastic ones shaped like?
  • Fritha_2
    Fritha_2 Posts: 1,447 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thistle down, I think code-a-holic means Wilkos, can't help with the pegs tho sorry
    Comping, freebieing and trying to pay the mortgage off early!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure