🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

MyHermes

Options
Just a bit of a vent, really. I bidded on an item last week without checking first who the courier would be. (Silly of me in retrospect, but as most of the items I've bought on EBay just come by Royal Mail I just assumed it would come with the normal post..)

I won the item and then found out it's being sent via MyHermes :( (I've had bad experiences of Hermes in the past when Debenhams used them, and this time it seems it's going to be troublesome again.. )The item is currently showing on the MyHermes website as 'courier will re-attempt delivery' but I was in all day yesterday and nobody rang or knocked or attempted to deliver a parcel, as far as I can see, and no card has been left.

Reminder to self: check which courier they're using and if it's Hermes, avoid!!

Comments

• Quinny_2
    Quinny_2 Posts: 1,351 Forumite
    Options
    Tweet Hermes (@myhermes) for a reply with the tracking number if you have it.

I have used them 3 times now in 2 weeks, and each time has never been a problem. They have responded to my tweets when I have contacted them.
    That's my mutt in the picture above.
  • j.e.j.
    j.e.j. Posts: 9,672 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have the tracking number but I don't have a twitter account. I've just contacted the seller as I've now been sitting in for two days waiting for this parcel. You can't even query it with Hermes, I think you have to get the sender of the parcel to chase it up.

If they'd sent it Royal Mail I think it would have got here days ago!
  • Hermes are at the mercy of the 'local delivery driver' and if yours is anything like mine, god help you.

My hermes driver (that covers my area...) is an absolute moron. I've sworn never to use them again after they lied to me repeatedly and then turned up 4 days late to collect a package (which i'd already sent via UPS)

I did after repeated requests manage to get a refund...
  • j.e.j.
    j.e.j. Posts: 9,672 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hermes are telling the seller they've tried delivering the parcel twice. They blatantly have not, - I've been in and no-one has called or rung or left a note, so goodness knows where they've been trying to deliver it to. I hate Hermes with a passion!!!
  • janb5
    janb5 Posts: 2,625 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 14 February 2013 at 9:24AM
    Options
    I totally agree with you. I have only used my Hermes once. The parcel was collected without a hitch but they have managed to `lose` it. They also have an expensive customer service telephone number 0871 etc so I wont be using them again. They take two seeks to send a claim form and four weeks to process it! Awful!
  • chemical.galaxy
    Options
    I have never had a problem with my regular Hermes courier but when he is away the courier who replaces him smokes in his vehicle and my last delivery stank of smoke :(
  • harleq1962
    Options
    Hermes delivered a parcel to me, they knocked and basically passed a parcel to my brother, he just took it and put it by the front door, when i looked it was for a similar address, the only thing the same was the door number, i ended up taking it around myself,
  • Obviously_the_best
    Options
    It's normally the local courier who's at fault. They're often overworked and don't have time, or they went to the wrong door etc etc. There's numerous reason's, however it could be that you're the unlucky one who has the rare blithering idiot delivering for your area.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,579 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Am i the only person that had something delivered without having to chase for it :)

All these negative posts did have me worried though :)
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• Obviously_the_best
    Options
    No, they're usually very good to me
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business