Mark Group Ltd

Options
Hi All,
Looking for some advice regarding a contract we signed with the mark group Ltd who provide loft insulation via government funding.

Okay so the government funding was free to absolutely anyone regardless of income. I knew the government were pulling this funding in late December so I called the mark group to have my loft surveyed in late November.
A chap arrived did a few measurements and said "Yes you qualify for free government funding for loft insulation, sign this please (it was just a form stating our loft dimensions nothing like a contract just said at the bottom 7 day cooling off period).
We had to raise a complaint as the adviser stole an iPod but they fobbed us off about this saying they knew him very well personally and he wouldn’t do such a thing.
Received a call to let us know the insulation would be provide on the 24th of Jan 2013 via government funding was advised to empty loft and pull up the floor boards.
So we spend several weeks pulling up floorboards, traveling to tip etc. all for this bloody loft insulation only to get a call today to be told that the government pulled the funding in December and they didn’t have to honour the contract - I have asked them for a copy but said they can’t provide one and as fair as I’m aware I never signed a detailed contract.
So now we have lost out on the insulation and an iPod whilst the property is left in a worse state due to them pulling out at the last minute.
So where do I stand legally, I have spent a lot of time and money on this and now our property is worse off because we have lost our floored loft space.
We signed the form with our loft dimensions on in early December.
Sorry for the long winded paragraph but so annoyed by their staff simply not giving two sh**s.
Any help would be much appreciated!

Regards,

Cameron

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business