Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Household & Travel > Old Style MoneySaving > Kenwood Chef - Fun and Practical (Page 3)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Kenwood Chef - Fun and Practical
Views: 24,951
# 41
littlesnuggy
Old 18-11-2012, 3:41 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Eeeeee I asked on Freecycle yesterday if anybody had one and someone replied straight away saying they'd collected one 18months ago from another user but hadn't got round to using it! Just picked it up - it's an A701A model that was apparently noisy but working. It needs a good clean before anything else and I'm looking for a manual online but first problem is I can't seem to get the arm to lift up. I'm pretty sure it's the silver button on the side that's meant to push in and release it but it's not budging - any ideas?
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to littlesnuggy For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 42
Rossy2692
Old 19-11-2012, 8:28 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlesnuggy View Post
Eeeeee I asked on Freecycle yesterday if anybody had one and someone replied straight away saying they'd collected one 18months ago from another user but hadn't got round to using it! Just picked it up - it's an A701A model that was apparently noisy but working. It needs a good clean before anything else and I'm looking for a manual online but first problem is I can't seem to get the arm to lift up. I'm pretty sure it's the silver button on the side that's meant to push in and release it but it's not budging - any ideas?
Sorry no idea try googling it?

Made a loaf tonight, its cooling atm, havent purchased bread since i got my chef! Love him!
Started my weightloss journey, its neverending!!

Weightloss challenge 2/14

"Life is like a box of chocolates....you never know what you are gonna get"
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rossy2692 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 43
cowboymum
Old 19-11-2012, 10:05 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Just ordered the same model from currys - thankyou!

My kenwood died a few weeks back and I am slightly lost without it. I bought it for 21 about 5 years ago, and it was fairly ancient then. Was thinking about buying another second hand one, but lovely husband told me to get this one as it will get so much use.

I use my for bread making, cakes etc. Its the only machine that I use on a regular basis (apart from my equally ancient food processor which comes out to chop up nuts for nut roast - feel a need for a kenwood attachment coming on!)
Groceries 226.17 / 500
Nsd 3/15
Food bank 0/5
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cowboymum For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 44
Rossy2692
Old 20-11-2012, 2:56 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Good to hear! I shall be mashing potato in it tonight! Haha am trying to try out as much as i can with it! Just love it! Another succesful loaf last night!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rossy2692 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 45
Rossy2692
Old 21-11-2012, 9:15 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Tody will be making bread rolls for tea tonight Made mash in it yesterday and everyone was impressed so thats a keeper!

# 46
lisa1234831
Old 21-11-2012, 1:42 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Send a message via MSN to lisa1234831 Send a message via Yahoo to lisa1234831

Hi does anyone know what the diference is between the kenwood chef and the prospero please? i am looking to buy one but would really like the ice cream maker atachment does anyone know if it will go on a prospero please?

Thank you
Lisa x
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lisa1234831 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 47
Rossy2692
Old 21-11-2012, 2:24 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa1234831 View Post
Hi does anyone know what the diference is between the kenwood chef and the prospero please? i am looking to buy one but would really like the ice cream maker atachment does anyone know if it will go on a prospero please?

Thank you
Lisa x

After a bit of googling the prospero does not have an icecream maker attachment and they have no plans to introduce one, the Chef has one available i would imagine the differance in machines is down to preferance, from what i can tell the prospero airs on size, compact machine compared to the chef Hope this helps a little

# 48
Badrick
Old 21-11-2012, 2:27 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlesnuggy View Post
I'm looking for a manual online but first problem is I can't seem to get the arm to lift up. I'm pretty sure it's the silver button on the side that's meant to push in and release it but it's not budging - any ideas?
The silver button should push in, it sometimes helps if you press down on top of mixer head at front while pressing button, as head is spring loaded.
You can see the mechanism if you turn it upside down (unplugged), maybe it needs a drop of oil or the guide bar (curved bar with slot) is bent to one side.
Hope that helps.
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. ~Aesop
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Badrick For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 49
Rossy2692
Old 21-11-2012, 2:28 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/kenwood...40919-pdt.html

Now THIS is a bargain!!! This is my lil guy love! love! love! him

# 50
lisa1234831
Old 21-11-2012, 2:33 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Send a message via MSN to lisa1234831 Send a message via Yahoo to lisa1234831

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossy2692 View Post
After a bit of googling the prospero does not have an icecream maker attachment and they have no plans to introduce one, the Chef has one available i would imagine the differance in machines is down to preferance, from what i can tell the prospero airs on size, compact machine compared to the chef Hope this helps a little
Thank you very much for that Hun think il get a chef it seems to have more attachments and I really want the ice cream one :-)

Thank u xx
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lisa1234831 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 51
peachyprice
Old 22-11-2012, 5:47 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossy2692 View Post
http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/kenwood...40919-pdt.html

Now THIS is a bargain!!! This is my lil guy love! love! love! him
You are such a bad influence!

I was happily looking on ebay for a used K series mixer, then I followed this link.

Happy to say I am now the proud owner of my very own, brand new bad boy!

I am squealing like the squealiest thing you ever heard
Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to peachyprice For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 52
Rossy2692
Old 22-11-2012, 7:11 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachyprice View Post
You are such a bad influence!

I was happily looking on ebay for a used K series mixer, then I followed this link.

Happy to say I am now the proud owner of my very own, brand new bad boy!

I am squealing like the squealiest thing you ever heard
Whooohooooo!!! May you have many happy years!!! p.s i offer no apologies

# 53
Gloomendoom
Old 22-11-2012, 7:40 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Mrs G is getting one of these for Christmas...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gloomendoom For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 54
peachyprice
Old 22-11-2012, 8:03 PM

The originals are so very pretty
Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to peachyprice For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 55
Rossy2692
Old 22-11-2012, 8:10 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Nice!!! What a piece of art!!!

# 56
Nicki
Old 23-11-2012, 10:05 AM

Both the chef and the major are in Amazon's Black Friday deals today if anyone has been considering a new purchase. The chef is about 190 and the major about 300 I think, so both about 100 cheaper than usual. I think you need to order today though.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nicki For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 57
peachyprice
Old 23-11-2012, 10:37 AM

Having planned what I'm going to bake this weekend (pandan cake, bakewell tarts, bread and a chocolate cake in DD's new heart shape tin ) I've realised I could really do with another bowl.

Does anyone know if the A series bowls fit on the KM series machines? There are plenty of A series bowls on ebay at a reasonable price, the newer ones are soooo expensive!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peachyprice For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 58
Justamum
Old 23-11-2012, 1:10 PM

I was in Currys today to buy my son's ipod for Christmas, and they have the 510 in there for 179. I'm tempted, I'm tempted!

In fact I'm thinking of going in tomorrow to buy one Ages ago my mum gave me some money to buy myself some clothes. I hate buying clothes. Normally when she gives me money for myself it usually ends up being spent on everyone else but me, but I think I might treat myself, and slowly buy the accessories that I might need (I quite fancy making my own pasta).

I will keep you informed
"I do not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

I don't use Twitter myself. I simply walk around with a mega-phone announcing at random intervals what I am doing.. I have three followers already. Though I suspect two of them may be policemen..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Justamum For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 59
Rossy2692
Old 23-11-2012, 3:10 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Whoohoo so much exciting things going on here!! Love this thread!! Bread kneading in mine at the mo! Chef 510 love love love it!!!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rossy2692 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 60
littlesnuggy
Old 23-11-2012, 4:44 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicki View Post
Both the chef and the major are in Amazon's Black Friday deals today if anyone has been considering a new purchase. The chef is about 190 and the major about 300 I think, so both about 100 cheaper than usual. I think you need to order today though.
I've been waiting for one (or a KitchenAid) to come up on the lightning deals all week but no sign I take it the ones you're referring to just have a special offer discount on at the moment.

Assume it's this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kenwood-Clas...ductPromotions

Looking at the specs the one linked to on Currys is 20 cheaper but potentially better?

I still haven't been able to get my Freecycled A701A to lift up, but a local expert repair man has said he can service it for 30, which I suppose I'll do now I can't get a really really good deal on Amazon BF deals
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to littlesnuggy For This Useful Post: Show me >>