Stop the worry

Options
Hi Guys

Has anyone heard of this company before? I received a letter from them a few days ago, they claim to be a company of trained councilors specializing in helping people who may have been miss-sold an IVA.

I have a bad feeling my partner and I have – We went with Debt Free Direct for the IVA but are having trouble meeting their proposed payments (after being pushed into the sale). The payments are just short of what we would be paying if we never entered an IVA but we were so confused and flustered we agreed to it without really thinking about it. We rang them to ask for help and tell them we couldn’t make last months payment so they sent us a variation form. Filled the form out with income and expenditures etc and sent it back. They have now put our payments up by almost £100 per month.:mad:

Also my partner is pregnant. Didn’t say anything to DFD as we wanted to wait until we had the all clear. Had the scan a few days ago so rang to inform them we are expecting a nipper, they basically said tuff, we have to pay the amount they have proposed until the birth then submit another variation. Great, so if my partner and I are living off bread and water because we can’t afford to meet the payments how are we supposed to buy baby things?:confused: I’ve got a feeling they are not really acting in our best interest but are only after their % of our misery.

Anyway, rang Stop the Worry for some advice. They’re coming out to our flat on Tuesday which my partner isn’t very happy about so was wondering who has heard of them?

Sorry about the rant.
254 of 2007!!

(26/4/07 - 10.20 a.m.)

Comments

• Bunnyinthelights
    Bunnyinthelights Posts: 15,278 Forumite
    Options
    I've not heard of them but good luck-hopefully someone else will come along who can give you some info?

Bunny
    Empty pockets never held anyone back, only empty heads and empty hearts can do that -Peale
  • GirlRacer_2
    GirlRacer_2 Posts: 3,026 Forumite
    Options
    I've not heard of the company either. Have you thought about contacting CCCS or PayPlan? These organisation are free and lots of people on here are with them.
  • afrosteve
    afrosteve Posts: 46 Forumite
    Options
    Hi GirlRacer,

I have indeed, they say they can't really help if I'm with another company which is causing me concern. If they can't help how come Stop the Worry can? Are they just salesmen posing under the counselor guise?

Let me rephrase my question. Did anyone out there have to have someone come out to their home before entering into an IVA bankruptcy agreement?
    254 of 2007!!

(26/4/07 - 10.20 a.m.)
  • Little_Miss_Winner
    Options
    Hi, just tried *Googling* for you, but couldn't come up with a company called Stop The Worry, nearest i could find was " NO WORRIES!".

Have you got the name right? where are they based?
  • GirlRacer_2
    Options
    I've just googled 'stop the worry' but their website doesn't give much information. I know where your OH is coming from though, I hate people coming to the house I feel as if they are intruding on my private space. Silly I know!
  • GirlRacer_2
    Options
    potogold wrote: »
    Hi, just tried *Googling* for you, but couldn't come up with a company called Stop The Worry, nearest i could find was " NO WORRIES!".

Have you got the name right? where are they based?

http://www.stoptheworry.co.uk/ Try that potogold - not much information there though
  • Little_Miss_Winner
    Options
    Cheers GR, lets have a look.....
  • afrosteve
    Options
    Yeah, I did a google the other day, It looks like the web site is still under construction which doesn't look good. maybe I should just stop the worry, bite the bullet and have them round for a cuppa, you never know they might just offer some good advice.
    254 of 2007!!

(26/4/07 - 10.20 a.m.)
  • afrosteve
    Options
    Sorry, forgot to add they're based in Croydon and they're coming all the way out to Guildford and beyond. i can't imagine they would do that for nowt!
    254 of 2007!!

(26/4/07 - 10.20 a.m.)
  • Little_Miss_Winner
    Options
    Hate to say this, and hope i am wrong, but my opinion would be stay clear of these *fee* making companies.

Bumping this post for people in *the know*, keep us posted...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure