Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    laurac242
    JSA Sanction - What to do now??
    • 22nd Sep 12, 11:06 AM
    JSA Sanction - What to do now?? 22nd Sep 12 at 11:06 AM
    Im hoping someone on here will be able to give me some advice. I have been recieving JSA for about 18 months. The jobcentre sent me to a work focused training programme which I have been attending. I recieved a sanction due to non attendance. The sanction was for 2 weeks. I took every letter that I had recieved into the job centre which showed every appointment I had attended but was told i had still missed some. The sanction was then lifted and 2 weeks later I was sanctioned again for a month. The training provider told the job centre that I was not attending appointments even though I had signed in every time I had attended. Again, they said I had missed some that they had booked.
    As soon as this sanction was up, they immediately hit me with a 6 month sanction for exactly the same thing, despite the fact that every appointment I recieved, I attended. The job centre said it was basically my word against the training providers as they were saying I had not attended every one.
    I have appealed against the decision and have lost the case. I have had no money at all since the beginning of June and my next pay is looking to be the middle of December.
    I have applied for crisis loans, budgeting loan and hardship payments, all of which have been refused.
    I have spoken to Citizens Advice but they had no real advice to give me. Surely they cannot expect me to survive for so long on nothing. I am still signing every 2 weeks and still attending the training programme. I just dont know what to do now. I cant go on like this much longer. I have told the job centre so many times that I need help or advice and their stock answer is "You are on a sanction, we cant do anything".
    I am still recieving housing benefit which is great but have no way of getting food or topping up the utilities. Beyond stressed now. Any advice much appreciated
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,554Posts Today

7,952Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Rare Tesco 500 extra pts code (worth £5-£20) for new AND exist cust if you do £60+ online food shop. Ends tomorrow http://t.co/3PBwqjFNRb RT

• RT @lalahiggins33: @MartinSLewis thanks to your piece on Victoria Derbyshire last week I'm nearly a grand richer due to MIS sold package ba?

• I'm limbering up for my new @itvthismorning "do it or don't" slot. I'm meant to have the wisdom of Solomon, wisdom of a salmon's closer

• Follow Martin