Switch from EDF Fix til 2014 to EDF Blue+ price promise April 2014

Options
brewerdave
brewerdave Posts: 8,525 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
Anyone done this switch ? Have EDF applied a switching penalty/Will give me a savings of ~ £40 pa vs a potential penalty for switching early.:j

Comments

• welshee
    welshee Posts: 364 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I moved from fixed march 2014 to the blue+ price promise april 2014 and saved (£19)...EDF will change the tariff instantly and also adjust your D/D by a couple of quid downwards.
    There is no penalty so change away !
  • brewerdave
    Options
    welshee wrote: »
    I moved from fixed march 2014 to the blue+ price promise april 2014 and saved (£19)...EDF will change the tariff instantly and also adjust your D/D by a couple of quid downwards.

Thanks for that.....Did you actually enter meter readings at the same time to ensure you maximise your savings?? I've been avioding entering readings unless requested after their (well) documented c*ckups on DD recalculations last year!!!:rotfl:
  • jalexa
    jalexa Posts: 3,448 Forumite
    edited 16 August 2012 at 9:24AM
    Options
    brewerdave wrote: »
    I've been avioding entering readings unless requested after their (well) documented c*ckups on DD recalculations last year!!!:rotfl:

Oh go on:D. You might get an 'annual statement' for your pains:T. For accurate DD recalculation it is essential to check the projected annual consumption being used. How does it compare with last year?
  • brewerdave
    Options
    I'm slightly overpaying at the mo' by ~ £4 pm on my calculations- but 3 times last year they tried to up the DD to a ridiculous level - every time I phoned and got it put back down; since last Nov.I have only entered one set of readings when requested for "annual DD review"!!
  • welshee
    Options
    Thanks for that.....Did you actually enter meter readings at the same time to ensure you maximise your savings?? I've been avioding entering readings unless requested after their (well) documented c*ckups on DD recalculations last year!!!:rotfl:

Yes i did enter the latest reading . (as i do every month anyway):T
  • welshee
    Options
    MDstalker wrote: »
    Just done the same thing this morning but via their online systems; should save myself another £22 a year and fix prices for another month into 2014! :cool: no charges for switching...

The best thing about this swap is that "IF" another utility company lowers its price so much that you want to swap.....You can without penalty.
    :j:j
  • amiehall
    amiehall Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    Options
    Where can I compare unit prices for the 2 tariffs? The extra length fix is no benefit to me as I know I'm moving but if the unit price is lower, I might as well switch over.
    Sealed Pot Challenge #239
    Virtual Sealed Pot #131
    Save 12k in 2014 #98 £3690/£6000
  • brewerdave
    Options
    Well I switched on Friday - initially website was not showing switch , and I still haven't received any emails or messages, but now everything is updated on MyAccount - DD has been reduced by £3 pm - only thing is that they haven't asked for new meter readings.Allowing for usage to today, I'm in credit by ~ £250. I intend to put some readings in tomorrow - wonder whether it'll trigger a DD change:D
  • jalexa
    jalexa Posts: 3,448 Forumite
    Options
    I'm in credit by ~ £250. I intend to put some readings in tomorrow - wonder whether it'll trigger a DD change:D

Hmmm... Haven't you had a recent 'annual review'? Surely the balance/payment combination should already be on track for a zero balance at the next 'annul review'?

Maybe the next reading will generate an 'annual statement'. If so look out for the stated projected annual consumption (and how it compares with last year).
  • youravinalarrrf
    Options
    welshee wrote: »

Have you had written confirmation that there is definitely no penalty for changing to Blue +Price Promise April 2014?

The Terms & Conditions for Fixed Price 2014 say this

6. You agree to remain on the Fixed Price 2014 tariff for
    each account until 31 March 2014. If You change supplier
    or switch to an alternative EDF Energy tariff at any time
    before this date, You acknowledge and agree that We may
    apply an Early Termination Fee to Your energy account(s).
    This fee will be:-
    (i) £35 for electricity accounts and £35 for gas accounts (a
    total of £70 for customers with both gas and electricity
    accounts) if you withdraw from the tariff before
    31 March 2012.
    (ii) £15 for electricity accounts and £15 for gas accounts
    (a total of £30 for customers with both gas and electricity
    accounts) if you withdraw from the tariff before
    31 March 2013.
    Such fee will become a debt on Your energy account(s) and
    will be recovered through Our normal billing processes. no
    Early Termination Fee will be applied if you withdraw