Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    TheGenerus1
    Monument Credit Card PPI Claim
    • 12th Jul 12, 4:17 AM
    Monument Credit Card PPI Claim 12th Jul 12 at 4:17 AM
    Hi,

Has anybody tried to claim their PPI (Payment break plan I think they call it) back from Monument.

My Monument account was opened in 2003 and is still currently open with a balance on it. The account was taken over by Raphaels Bank PLC last year but still mention Monument as the contact address and telephone number.

I setup my current account to take the minimum monthly payment on the monument account (a few years ago) plus I make a additional payment monthly of 10 extra to get the balance down.

I have just noticed that I have been paying the payment break plan as well, which I do not think I asked for.
    I have statements going back several years with the Payment plan being added.

Does anyone know who I should go through to try and claim back this PPI, Raphaels Bank or Monument?

What should I sent them in regards to paper work or is there a template letter I could send them? As I said I have all the statements as evidence.

It's not a huge amount, only about 7 a month or about 500 over the 6 years, but anything is better then nothing.

One last thing, does it matter that my monument account is still active and showing a balance that I am still paying down (It shows up in all my CRA report with green ticks going back 6 years).

Hope someone can help me and share any experience with claiming Payment break plan charges back from Monument.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

204Posts Today

1,455Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Warning! Twitter's app update's outrageously reset autoplay video settings, so you eat data at speed. Full help http://t.co/42tOE1EagR RT

• RT @Harry_Bhoy: @MartinSLewis Saved my gran £323 by changing her electricity provider,and haggled her free broadband from Virgin worth £264?

• RT @OfficialChops: @MartinSLewis Hello, Rio HD is free on sky store 'buy and keep'. Today Only. You DO NOT have to have a sky movies subsc?

• Follow Martin