LV= 'Premier' Travel Insurance - Share your experience.

Hi,

Thanks for visiting.

We have recently added the LV= Premier travel policy to our New Travel Insurance guide.

As this insurer is a new option - offering good cover levels - your feedback is important to us.

Please let us know what you think.

Have you used or contacted them, made a claim, is it is missing anything or just general feedback on the insurer.

Hit 'Reply' to discuss or ask a question.

Thanks.

MSE Tony

If you spot a rate change that we haven't already mentioned or added into articles or tips, Please send me a PM about it

Get Martin's Free Money Saving Tips E-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips

Comments

• I chose the premium annual multi-trip cover for several reasons:

Firstly, it covers trips up to 90 days, which is a lot longer than many other big name companies who stretch to 45 days at the most (or so my research found). (I'm travelling for 54 days)

Secondly and most importantly, I broke my leg three months ago, so I have to declare a pre-existing condition. Whilst other companies charged up to £200 on top of the initial fee to cover this, I was granted cover for this without any extra cost.

Finally, I got a quote online (because online quotes receive a 15% discount), and then rang them to add my pre-existing condition as an amendment, and as I had received the initial quote online, I still received a 15% discount.

So far i'm impressed with the service, but my next trip isn't for a few months, and hopefully I won't have to claim. Luckily I won't have to post again about my experiences of claiming, but if that does happen, I'll keep you informed!
  • I went to the states in 2010 and bought LV insurance. I'm glad I did! I declared a pre-existing medical condition which flared up whilst I was over they. I called them and they advised me about which hospitals they had direct dealings with. I didn't have to pay anything upfront at the hospital although I did pay for my prescription. When I got home they dealt with everything promptly including refunding my prescription charges. My bill for 3 hours in the ER was $5000! I was a medical student at the time and was aware of what was unnecessary but they still managed to whack the bill up somehow.
    Current debt: M&S £0(£2K) , Tesco £0 (£1.5K), Car loan 6K (paid off!) Barclaycard £1.5K (interest free for 18 months)
  • Be_Happy
    Be_Happy Posts: 1,390
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    We used them a couple of years ago.

OH is 83 and has several pre-existing conditions. They gave us a good inclusive quote for UK holiday trip, but would only quote excluding cover for pre-existing conditions on European trip.

Most other companies do give inclusive European trip, but at high cost.
  • jhe
    jhe Posts: 1,823
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    i have just taken an annual travel policy with them yesterday so i follow this thread with interest,
    i got a good price including pre existing conditions.
    only gripe is,to add my 11 year old grandson they want £47 for a year, as we are taking him away with us for 1 week only to europe they wanted £43 to cover him for 1 week.
    so they are cheap for myself and OH but not very competitive for adding children
  • We used LV last year because we already had policies covering the house and cars, so we got an extra discount. I used an online comparison site.

However at renewal time this year we got a letter saying we would be renewed automatically but with a big hike in the premium.

Since we had not claimed and were no greater a risk - both still under 65 - I checked and they just said that was the new premium.

We did not renew.
  • Agree entirely with lytefantastic! Watch out at renewal time! Always agree to 'auto renewal' in order to get your quote but contact them and say that you don't want to renew. After policy expiry, go online and get a new quote - it'll be cheaper than the renewal charge!
  • We purchased LV Premier Travel Insurance before our family trip to Tanzania. We had an amazing adventure, however during our time there our room was broken into, our valuables stolen and the room was locked again on our return. We obtained the required Police reports and when we returned submitted our claim.
    LV could not have been more co-operative, organised and faster in settling our claim. The were a pleasure to deal with.
    If given the choice now I would always insure with them :T
  • We had to claim after our summer holiday in 2012, when the accommodation was broken into and a number of the family's high value possessions were stolen.
    We obtained the necessary documentation from the police and when we returned to the UK, LV processed the claim very quickly and with minimal fuss. A pleasure instead of further distress.
    I must have been impressed because we now have holiday insurance and car insurance with them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure