Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    Asking vendor to have boiler etc serviced?
    • #1
    • 18th Mar 07, 4:09 PM
    Asking vendor to have boiler etc serviced? 18th Mar 07 at 4:09 PM
    We have are in the process of selling our house and buying a property. We've just recieved the homebuyers report for the property we are buying and it mentions under the 'main defects' section that 'specialist tests are recommended in respect of gas and electric service installations if no current certificate or maintance warranties'.

    We've been told that the vendors did not have their boiler serviced regularly of course don't have a recent certificate.

    Are we able to ask, via our solicitor, to have all gas appliances serviced by a Corgi registered contractor to ensure that they are serviceable before we complete the purchase? Do you think this would be ok?

    We know that we are going to have to have the eaves and soffits replaced when we move in as we spotted that on our second viewing. But in regards to health and safety can we expect them to pay for a gas service?

Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,373Posts Today

4,553Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Starting to get pumped up about the Davis cup - go GB!!! Come on Murrays

  • RT @StigAbell: Protestors today shouting "no more wars". It would be lovely if life were as simple as that.

  • RT @Stressed_Eric72: @MartinSLewis Well on that basis you'll end the series on a high note.

  • Follow Martin