Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    eshroom
    0 WOW
    Mis-sold Premium Economy flight
    • 15th Jun 12, 11:21 AM
    0 WOW
    Mis-sold Premium Economy flight 15th Jun 12 at 11:21 AM
    Hi all,

Back in March I had to go on a work trip to the states. I bought two flights through flight centre. They were priced a bit differently because I was told I had taken the last ticket for a certain fair and the second ticket was a level up.

They sent me a PDF of the flights in order for me to approve and agree and one of them was marked as premium economy rather than economy. I figured we paid a bit more for one ticket and got bumped up. Great.

We got to the airport separately since we wouldn't be travelling together only for Virgin to say FC got it wrong and we would be downgraded. I complained and have been offered 100 as a goodwill gesture.

Question is do I stick to my guns and ask for a free upgrade next time I travel, or do I take the 100? Below is the response email to my complaint.

Any thought welcome! Thanks.

Thank you for your email, it is important we are made aware of any instance where you feel the products or services we provide fall below the high standard expected of Flight Centre and I am sorry to learn of the confusion surrounding your recent trip.
    !
    I understand that at the time of booking Liz input a search for an economy flight for you however it appears that the fare level available had been loaded into the Global Distribution System we use as a Premium Economy fare. This is unfortunately incorrect. I would like to assure you that the fare level purchased was for an economy seat and you have not been over charged for this booking. It is however, disappointing to learn that this happened and we are currently investigating internally with the GDS company, Galileo to understand why this occurred.
    !
    I imagine this must have been a particularly stressful situation for you and I sincerely apologise for the error that occurred on your paperwork.
    !
    In order to bring this matter to a close for you, I would like to extend the offer of 100 credit towards your next booking with Flight Centre. I hope you will find this goes some way to apologizing for the negative impact on your trip. I look forward to receiving your positive acceptance of my offer so that we can resolve this matter with priority.!
    !
    I can assure you that your feedback will be used constructively to improve the service that we offer to our customers, and I sincerely apologise that the service you received did not meet your expectations.
    !
    Once again, thank you for taking the time to contact me and we remain hopeful that we can restore your confidence in Flight Centre (UK) Ltd, and have the opportunity to assist you with your future travel requirements.
    !
    Kind Regards
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

280Posts Today

1,607Users online

Martin's Twitter