Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Welcome Finance ppi
    • 13th Jun 12, 8:57 PM
    Welcome Finance ppi 13th Jun 12 at 8:57 PM
    Just after some help really.
    Basically, i complained to WFSL regards to ppi on a HP agreement. After alot of messing around by them, i finally got the claim form from fscs. Sent it back, then they said my signature didn't match a copy of my passport they had, so i needed to send in my passport as proof of id. This has been going on since April! I emailed then to tell them i wasn't happy and they got back to me today, saying that during their investigation, they have reason to believe my policy was sold by a third party. I am sure this is utter rubbish. Apart from the fact that i didn't know about the ppi, no other company was ever mentioned. The agreement i have found only mentions Welcome Finance, it has all the details of the loan payment plus the ppi which was combined into 1 monthly payment which i paid back by direct debit to Welcome. In the small print it does say 'we shall effect a policy for payment protection insurance with a reputable insurance company in relation to this agreement.'

So i guess the question is - does that mean they set it up, or is that classed as third party, although they arranged it. I did use a local garage to by the car and they completed the form and signed it on behalf of Welcome Finance'
    The agreement says 'WELCOME FINANCIAL SERVICES'
    Signed for and on behalf of Welcome
    Financial Services

Last edited by sammie28; 14-06-2012 at 4:51 PM.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

111Posts Today

2,656Users online

Martin's Twitter