IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Cadbury Unwrap Gold
Views: 7,618
# 1
PriceyUK
Old 20-04-2012, 10:24 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Cadbury Unwrap Gold

Hello.

I greedily purchased 4 Cadbury chocolate bars this week for the Cadbury olympic ticket promotion! I didn't win any Olympic tickets (for which you need to find a "gold ticket" in the pack, but I did enter the code inside online as it says to do on the pack... and... I've won three times!

My prizes:
2 x Cadbury chocolate 2012 mascot lollies.

And:
A "Cadbury VIP Experience for 2". (It said they'd call me within 7 days about this).

I'm intrigued as to what the VIP Experience is. Does anyone have any ideas? The competition website mentions that one of the prizes is "Tickets to a Cadbury Event", which sounds slightly less exciting.

Thanks.

I'd love to hear from anyone else who has won this prize.
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following User Says Thank You to PriceyUK For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2
avelte
Old 20-04-2012, 11:20 AM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

well done,enjoy
“When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." So said the legendary poet, essayist, lexicographer and Londoner, Samuel Johnson. And that was in 1777 – it’s even better now!
# 3
secretshopper75
Old 20-04-2012, 12:04 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Well done, sounds very interesting..
# 4
elizabethp
Old 20-04-2012, 8:54 PM
Mega Magnificent Maxi-Meticulous Uber-MoneySaving Magnate

Well done
Liz xx
# 5
DarkKnightI
Old 03-05-2012, 1:28 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Any ideas what the "VIP Experience" is yet?

Hi guys. Not a masive poster here but have been using MSE for years. We have one pair of tickets to something but not sure what.
No clues to what this is yet?
Ive had a look on the web and its not quite clear.

Jump the queue at Cadbury World perhaps?
A bar of chocloate delivered by the mad vans maybe?
A ticket to an event I will never be able to attend as its miles away?
Be careful whatever you do...
# 6
look after the pennies
Old 03-05-2012, 7:35 PM

Hi there,

I won a Cadbury VIP Experience too. Basically it's two tickets to the Cadbury Olympic Festival at Hyde Park but apparently they will tell me more at the end of this month.
36 wins in 2009 36 wins in 2010 28 wins in 2011 11 wins 2012 2wins2013
Biggest Wins Ever- £10k!, Sydney Holiday!
Looking to win in 2014: Ipad, Cash, Holiday
# 7
Tulip
Old 03-05-2012, 7:37 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Send a message via MSN to Tulip

well done
wins 2014 Cushelle Koala
# 8
chesters
Old 11-05-2012, 11:49 AM
MoneySaving Convert

I've just won a V.I.P experience too, have googled Cadbury Olympic Festival but no details yet. Hopefully it involves chocolate eatting races.
2011 wins cineworld tickets x 3, east of england tickets, truckfest tickets, glamour wins, £10,000 , violent veg goody bag, body lotions & hand creams, aussie hair stuff, Independent £25 wine voucher, Ruff wear dog coat
# 9
smartt21
Old 11-05-2012, 1:39 PM

Well done to you all!
A-Z Challenge 2013

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
Thanks to all who take the time & effort to post. You are all stars!!
# 10
Bush_Monster
Old 08-06-2012, 6:48 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Angry

@PriceyUK - did you ever get your event tickets?

I also apparently won 2 tickets to a Cadbury event, a couple of weeks ago and they would call in 7 days. But no phone call so far, I contacted Cadbury customer services, who asked again for my details, but I just got a message back from them, saying thanks for your mail. I'm thinking this is just some kind of scam as having to call you to confirm the prize sounds dodgy, they could have just mailed me the details.
# 11
chesters
Old 08-06-2012, 7:34 PM
MoneySaving Convert

I haven't heard anything either, will ring them in a few days
2011 wins cineworld tickets x 3, east of england tickets, truckfest tickets, glamour wins, £10,000 , violent veg goody bag, body lotions & hand creams, aussie hair stuff, Independent £25 wine voucher, Ruff wear dog coat
# 12
lonwy
Old 12-06-2012, 5:20 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Smile VIP cadburys hyde park

its ok, i was told they would be in touch within 7 days, e mailed after 14 days to say i hadn't been contacted. got an e mail back shortly to say to contact them again in a few days if i hadn't heard anything. e mailed on the 11th june and heard back today (12th june). Looking forward to being a vip though
# 13
lafozzy
Old 13-07-2012, 1:33 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Has anyone got their tickets YET????

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonwy View Post
its ok, i was told they would be in touch within 7 days, e mailed after 14 days to say i hadn't been contacted. got an e mail back shortly to say to contact them again in a few days if i hadn't heard anything. e mailed on the 11th june and heard back today (12th june). Looking forward to being a vip though
The same thing happened to me, just checking if anyone has their tickets yet??? I don't know if I should give it more time or if I'm behind time and haven't received yet, lol.
# 14
look after the pennies
Old 13-07-2012, 7:41 PM

I personally haven't received my tickets yet. This whole VIP event doesn't sound very organised to be honest. Also, I am not sure how they would go about making us feel like VIPs. For a start, entry is free to Hyde Park anyway during BT London Live.
36 wins in 2009 36 wins in 2010 28 wins in 2011 11 wins 2012 2wins2013
Biggest Wins Ever- £10k!, Sydney Holiday!
Looking to win in 2014: Ipad, Cash, Holiday
# 15
bucko75
Old 14-07-2012, 9:39 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Hello this is my 1st post so not sure what to do! I also received a email to say I have won an olympic package this includes coach there tickets to 2 Olympic games and hotel for 2 nights? Has any one else had this? They said I should get my paperwork next week!
The Following User Says Thank You to bucko75 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 16
dawnie1972
Old 14-07-2012, 10:19 PM

Re the VIP thing - I also won this prize and apart from a couple of emails have heard nothing - i rang them last week as had a problem with a code i was putting in and asked about the VIP thing and she said they'd had some problems with a promoter and were still finalising details. Not convinced this is going to happen.
A home is not a home ..... without a dog
# 17
PriceyUK
Old 17-07-2012, 5:42 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bush_Monster View Post
@PriceyUK - did you ever get your event tickets?

I also apparently won 2 tickets to a Cadbury event, a couple of weeks ago and they would call in 7 days. But no phone call so far, I contacted Cadbury customer services, who asked again for my details, but I just got a message back from them, saying thanks for your mail. I'm thinking this is just some kind of scam as having to call you to confirm the prize sounds dodgy, they could have just mailed me the details.
No tickets yet, but I did get a phone call, followed up by an email on 6th June that said:

"This is a courtesy email to let you know that we will be announcing the full details of the event shortly and will contact you soon to arrange your visit."

Tomorrow will be six weeks since that email, so I guess this week or next could technically be regarded as being "soon". Oh and I did email them again last week, but heard nothing back.

As someone else has said, the event at Hyde Park is called "BT London Live". Aside from the opening and closing concerts, the tickets to gain access to Hyde Park are free (from TicketMaster, I believe), but as this prize is a "VIP Experience", I'm presuming there will be some kind of VIP package attached.

UPDATE - I've just had a look at the TicketMaster site and it seems for a charge you can buy special tickets providing access to a free bar, BBQ, chill out area, etc etc. So it may be that?

If anyone else who's won a "Cadbury VIP Experience" HAS heard back or knows more, please do let me know because I want to book some time off work if the prize is only valid on a weekday!

Come on Cadbury!
# 18
dawnie1972
Old 18-07-2012, 4:45 PM

I have spoken to Cadbury today as they had not returned my call following a problem with a code that I won with. I also enquired about the Cadburys VIP experience. To say the lady on the phone was unhelpful and rude was an understatment, however I had a missed call 30 mins later with a voicemail message stating they were phoning to give me exact details of my VIP experience and would try to call me again in the next couple of days - i tried to call the number back but it was unobtainable so i rang cadburys again and have asked for a call back from the lady regarding the VIP details. As soon as i hear anything I will let you know.
# 19
dawnie1972
Old 18-07-2012, 6:36 PM

Ok I've spoken to the lady that rang me earlier re the VIP thing - all it is is guaranteed priority admission to BT London Live (and the cadbury part of it), there are a few dates available ie 27th July, 29th July, 30th July and a few in August. As has been said before these tickets are free anyway and the sun were doing an offer last week whereby you could book up to 4 guaranteed admission tickets for free (which I did) so this prize is not of interest to me. There are 2 alternatives : 1) a family ticket for 2 adults, 2 children to Cadburys World (I've had a look online and this is worth £45), or 2) a hamper full of cadburys goodies. I've chosen the hamper. If anyone is still waiting for details ring the Cadburys consumer number on 0121 451 4444 and ask them to get someone to contact you re the VIP experience. The lady that rang me was called maria and rang me from 01429 278300 (this number doesnt accept incoming calls so you have to ring cadburys and get them to pass the message on).
The Following User Says Thank You to dawnie1972 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 20
oddies
Old 18-07-2012, 6:49 PM

well done
2014 wins: Jan: Gino D'Acampo pans and Italian Hamper. iPad Air Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Secret Lair Playset £199.00