IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Prince2 exams
Views: 35,141
# 1
Uniscots97
Old 04-04-2012, 2:13 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Default Prince2 exams

Hi, I wasn't sure if this should go here or the techy section. I'm due to be made redundant shortly and have decided to invest some of the money in sitting my Prince2 exams (project management qualification), i did all the course work years ago and work to the principals but would like a formal qualification in it (didn't get opportunity at the time due to various circumstances including redundancy that time too). I want to sit my foundation and practitioner together. From what I've found the prices vary from £800 to £2000. I'd like to sit this soon. Can anyone recommend a company? I'm based in Central Scotland so could easily travel to Glasgow or Edinburgh.
£2014 in 2014 = £2089.52 - £14025.96 / £13694.07. The Other One: £12042.81£11540.91 Wine is like opera. You can enjoy it even if you don't understand it and too much can give you a headache the next day J
Reply With Quote Report Post
# 2
Edwardia
Old 04-04-2012, 4:36 PM

I'd suggest looking on www.hotcourses.com and ringing round. If the provider is a fairly small company they may offer you a discount for not being total beginner an/or for cash.
The Following User Says Thank You to Edwardia For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
kittykarate
Old 04-04-2012, 5:33 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Prince2 is weird - it is very difficult to take the exams without some training, and the people who can offer the training and exams are all limited by the APM Group.

There are some open exam days for self studiers

http://www.prince2.com/prince2-faqs.asp#11

One warning - they have updated Prince2 in the past couple of years, so there may be some terminology changes from when you did your study.
The Following User Says Thank You to kittykarate For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 4
ianders
Old 04-04-2012, 6:14 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

I'll shortly be doing ITIL and Prince2 on a self-study basis. All it costs is the books and exam fee of around £99 per exam.
Once I've finished the study material I'll be sitting it at University of the West of Scotland (Paisley Uni). You don't need to be a student to sit it here. They have a test centre for Pearson Vue, Prometric, Certiport and CTC-Online and is where I sat my Microsoft and CIW certifications.

http://www.uws.ac.uk/schoolsdepts/co...est-centre.asp
The Following User Says Thank You to ianders For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5
Nile
Old 04-04-2012, 6:19 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere (please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
Hi, I'm the Board Guide on the In my home (includes DIY) and the I wanna buy-it or do-it boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge posts there. However, do remember that Board Guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.

Watch the New to Forum? Guide

10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
# 6
Uniscots97
Old 05-04-2012, 1:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittykarate View Post
Prince2 is weird - it is very difficult to take the exams without some training, and the people who can offer the training and exams are all limited by the APM Group.

There are some open exam days for self studiers

http://www.prince2.com/prince2-faqs.asp#11

One warning - they have updated Prince2 in the past couple of years, so there may be some terminology changes from when you did your study.

thanks I don't mind doing the courses again since it would be a refresher.
£2014 in 2014 = £2089.52 - £14025.96 / £13694.07. The Other One: £12042.81£11540.91 Wine is like opera. You can enjoy it even if you don't understand it and too much can give you a headache the next day J
# 7
Uniscots97
Old 05-04-2012, 1:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianders View Post
I'll shortly be doing ITIL and Prince2 on a self-study basis. All it costs is the books and exam fee of around £99 per exam.
Once I've finished the study material I'll be sitting it at University of the West of Scotland (Paisley Uni). You don't need to be a student to sit it here. They have a test centre for Pearson Vue, Prometric, Certiport and CTC-Online and is where I sat my Microsoft and CIW certifications.

http://www.uws.ac.uk/schoolsdepts/co...est-centre.asp

Thanks for that, they are near me. I've done my ITIL so if you need any help give me a shout.
The Following User Says Thank You to Uniscots97 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 8
asparagusnextleft
Old 05-04-2012, 2:53 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

It may not be relevant but have you looked in getting funding for it?

My husband was made redundant nearly two years ago and he was able to get some sort of EU funding for his Prince 2 so didn't have to pay for it. I know this funding was only available for people who had been made redundant or were about to be made redundant. He found about it through the Job Centre (they are good for some things).

I don't know if this type of funding is still available but it might be worth looking at?
There is nothing better in life than writing on the sole of your slipper with a biro.....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to asparagusnextleft For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9
ianders
Old 05-04-2012, 3:07 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by asparagusnextleft View Post
I didn't think of that, have a look to see if you're eligible for the £200 funding from ILA Scotland

http://www.ilascotland.org.uk/ILA+Homepage.htm
The Following User Says Thank You to ianders For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 10
Uniscots97
Old 06-04-2012, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asparagusnextleft View Post

My husband was made redundant nearly two years ago and he was able to get some sort of EU funding for his Prince 2 so didn't have to pay for it. I know this funding was only available for people who had been made redundant or were about to be made redundant. He found about it through the Job Centre (they are good for some things).

I don't know if this type of funding is still available but it might be worth looking at?

I'll give them a call and ask them. I know last time I was made redundant they told me to naff off but only been working 18 months for the company this time. Thank you.
# 11
VfM4meplse
Old 06-04-2012, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittykarate View Post
So my 2009 edition of "Prince2 for Dummies" is outdated?
Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy .....A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win......If in doubt, don't pull out!
# 12
bluesnake
Old 07-04-2012, 3:25 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

I've been on ITIL and Price courses. Often the real benefit of the courses is the mock exams they give.

I am fairly sure these foundation courses can be learned at home.

have a look here http://www.examcollection.com/PRI-000.html
# 13
**Juice**
Old 08-04-2012, 10:12 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Is it the foundation course you're looking at? I did it via e-learning at a cost of £150ish plus the cost of a textbook.
# 14
ianders
Old 09-04-2012, 10:55 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesnake View Post
Wouldn't recommend using these illegal braindumps. Makes your qualifications meaningless. Many certification providers have measures in place to detect the use of braindumps and can mean the stripping of all your certifications from that provider.
# 15
saintjammyswine
Old 11-04-2012, 8:56 AM

Contact your local FE College who may have access to ESF funding called Skills Support for Redundancy (not sure about Scotland though) although they are likely to offer Prince2 with training at a lower rate & higher success rate than many (not all) private providers.
I work within Further Education however opinion & 'advice' I give is purely personal.
# 16
Chiedu
Old 08-05-2012, 3:14 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Hello can anybody tell me who offers the cheapest exam prices?
# 17
Chiedu
Old 04-07-2012, 3:52 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Hello
I live in London, can anybody tell m where to get cheap Prince2 exam prices?
# 18
SueC
Old 04-07-2012, 8:26 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiedu View Post
Hello
I live in London, can anybody tell m where to get cheap Prince2 exam prices?
www.google.co.uk
The Following User Says Thank You to SueC For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 19
saintjammyswine
Old 04-07-2012, 8:27 AM

As per my previous post, contact your local FE College that provides Prince2. Or go through SPOCE (google them) to find your local provider.
I work within Further Education however opinion & 'advice' I give is purely personal.
# 20
InsideInsurance
Old 04-07-2012, 12:20 PM

Exam prices are fairly fixed, the variable bit is the cost of the course. You can teach yourself the course and then just pay for the exam if you want to reduce costs to a minimum