Sky free for 6 months!!

Options
Well, Just got off a call with Sky after they phoned me to offer free Sky TV for 6 months, full package + Sports + Movies for free for 6 months because we were long term customers (12 years).:beer:

Cancelled Sky TV which ended on the 7th March, as my previous 12 months for 1/2 price had ended, but that was only for entertainment pack + sports, and they would not offer any deal, so just cancelled (which is what we did when we got the 1/2 price for 12 months previously).

Not tied in after either so we can just cancel again after the 6 months.

missus is well happy, Sky never learn, if they offered a half decent offer when we were still with them, we would have carried on.

I am more than happy to keep cancelling each time.... and to be honest we can do without it if we have too.

Comments

• smackaine
    smackaine Posts: 47 Forumite
    Options
    Well done!

Quick word of warning, once it's up and running, call and make absolutely sure that you're not in contract, despite what the salesman said.

If you've been lied to, best to find out now rather than six months down the line.
  • garrarda
    garrarda Posts: 33 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks Smackaine, thats good advice, I will check, I have an online login anyway to check.
  • stulaunch
    stulaunch Posts: 552 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Friend at work got exactly same offer yesterday. Also said it was with no tie in.
    He got phone call 1 week from cut off.
  • manicpb
    Options
    Got the same call Thu evening, assumed it was a scam so told them I wasn't interested. Saw this post and was pretty annoyed I'd turned down the offer so called up customer services and said unfortunately I'd not had time to complete the ins and outs but could they still honour the offer. 10mins later I'm watching Sky again!

I cancelled everything in Jan, have phone and broadband with another company. They have give me everything minus movies and HD. All sports included. Set up q d/d which if I don't cancel before the six months will be charged. No tie-in. Very happy!
  • manicpb
    Options
    Looks like I may have got movies if I'd have pushed however never had movies and don't think I'd watch it if I had it. An extra note I'd never had Sky before and had only had my subscription 14months so not an over valuable customer!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure