Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • liamcov
    • By liamcov 16th Mar 12, 3:55 PM
    • 349Posts
    • 331Thanks
    liamcov
    Making money at home from sex chat lines
    • 16th Mar 12, 3:55 PM
    Making money at home from sex chat lines 16th Mar 12 at 3:55 PM
    There was a thread regarding this but I can't find it anywhere on here?

Anyone know any companies out there that do this, I'm male so either straight or gay lines I'm looking for.
Page 1
  • mynameissophie
    Do you have a wife or girlfriend?
  • wimblewomble
    • 16th Mar 12, 4:02 PM
    • 16th Mar 12, 4:02 PM
    you haven't perchance been watching that Channel4 documentary, have you?
    they seem to be populated entirely by women, so you may need to shave your legs!

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/my-phone-sex-secrets/4od#3298542

but, at around £100 an hour for good clients.......
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 16th Mar 12, 4:08 PM
    • 30,250 Posts
    • 35,813 Thanks
    Browntoa
    • 16th Mar 12, 4:08 PM
    • 16th Mar 12, 4:08 PM
    the thread got locked and then possibly deleted by the forum team ...
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop and Discount Code boards which means I'm a volunteer to help them run smoothly and I can move and merge posts there. However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • skylight
    • By skylight 16th Mar 12, 4:15 PM
    • 10,424 Posts
    • 16,876 Thanks
    skylight
    • 16th Mar 12, 4:15 PM
    • 16th Mar 12, 4:15 PM
    From the Q&As on the sites I have looked at, these companies don't recruit men.

I think you need to google specific mens gays lines instead (which of course are not the ones I am looking at!)
  • breadlinebetty
    • 17th Mar 12, 9:04 PM
    • 17th Mar 12, 9:04 PM
    you haven't perchance been watching that Channel4 documentary, have you?
    they seem to be populated entirely by women, so you may need to shave your legs!

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/my-phone-sex-secrets/4od#3298542

but, at around £100 an hour for good clients.......
    Originally posted by wimblewomble

I think that was some exaggeration about the amount of money they got paid. One woman claimed she earned £500 a night, yet was doing her own decorating between telephone calls, and using Tesco Value emulsion on her tiny little basic kitchenette!

That was a put up job if I ever I saw one. Those sex chat operators earn peanuts....
    • nonnatus
    • By nonnatus 12th May 12, 7:06 AM
    • 1,384 Posts
    • 3,238 Thanks
    nonnatus
    • 12th May 12, 7:06 AM
    • 12th May 12, 7:06 AM
    But Breadline Betty!! Just because she looks after her money with great care, doesn't mean she earns a pittance! Perhaps she puts it all aside to spend on good stuff rather than wasting it paying a bloke to paint her walls. Isn't that the whole point of this entire site, after all??
    • jasonwatkins
    • By jasonwatkins 12th May 12, 9:24 AM
    • 1,912 Posts
    • 659 Thanks
    jasonwatkins
    • 12th May 12, 9:24 AM
    • 12th May 12, 9:24 AM
    the thread got locked and then possibly deleted by the forum team ...
    Originally posted by Browntoa
    I remember that - I believe that some overly malicious people had started to complain about it, saying it was "inappropriate" and the forum team caved in and dropped it.
    • justjohn
    • By justjohn 12th May 12, 9:28 AM
    • 2,030 Posts
    • 1,528 Thanks
    justjohn
    • 12th May 12, 9:28 AM
    • 12th May 12, 9:28 AM
    I remember that - I believe that some overly malicious people had started to complain about it, saying it was "inappropriate" and the forum team caved in and dropped it.
    Originally posted by jasonwatkins
    You mean prudes lol

Out of site, out of mind, i dont want to know about it brigade lol
    • SailorSam
    • By SailorSam 12th May 12, 9:34 AM
    • 21,098 Posts
    • 36,341 Thanks
    SailorSam
    Some of those sex chat lines don't involve talk, but just text. Not that i've ever used one, you understand. It's just that i remember someone on that last thread mentioning it. So if the Op is a guy he could just do text and call himself BigBertha or something.
    Liverpool is one of the wonders of Britain,
    What it may grow to in time, I know not what.

Daniel Defoe: 1725.
    • thorsoak
    • By thorsoak 12th May 12, 7:10 PM
    • 5,177 Posts
    • 23,429 Thanks
    thorsoak
    Originally posted by jasonwatkins
    When one thinks about the costs involved in MAKING the phone calls to chat lines, and the damage it has done to families' budgets/credit ratings, and when one reads the threads about partners betraying the other partner by making these calls, then it would seem ambiguous at the least for MSE to be allowing such a thread to continue!
  • queenie01
    I worked a chat line for a while but all the ones I researched were only hiring women. It's not easy and you get some very strange people!!!
    I didnt make much but If you can keep them on the phone then it's a money maker. They were just too strange for me!
    • cherylsurrey
    • By cherylsurrey 13th May 12, 10:36 AM
    • 151 Posts
    • 162 Thanks
    cherylsurrey
    You have no chance as a man, a good friend of mine (female) works for a company doing phone chat and shes done it for a few years now, but it is pocket money, she does it in her spare time when her kids are at school, I think that channel 4 program was just made as a laugh, I seriously doubt anyone makes a fortune apart from the people who run the chatlines themselves.
    Remember if you did by some amazing chance find a company to take you on, you have to pay tax on it.
  • loopylooks
    Queenie01 or cherylsurrey would you mind sending me a private message with the name of the company they work for?

Thank you kindly
  • ellienunn
    hi im interested in text work, would be no good on the phone please could someone inbox me some details, I've just lost my job at a well known rubbish supermarket boohoo so need a bit of extra money. i have a baby at home with me so I'm finding it hard to find work
  • Kara L
    hmmm i so cudnt do the phone thing, possibly the text, might google it later x
    My earnings from end of March 2012 to date.
    Superpoints – £15
    Swagbucks – £25
    IPSOS Surveys – £10
    Toulna – £15
    Total = £65
    • jasonwatkins
    • By jasonwatkins 22nd May 12, 12:39 AM
    • 1,912 Posts
    • 659 Thanks
    jasonwatkins
    When one thinks about the costs involved in MAKING the phone calls to chat lines, and the damage it has done to families' budgets/credit ratings, and when one reads the threads about partners betraying the other partner by making these calls, then it would seem ambiguous at the least for MSE to be allowing such a thread to continue!
    Originally posted by thorsoak
    But then MSE isn't in the business of being a moral guardian or marriage counsellor. The forum is "Up Your Income" so it's a perfectly valid discussion.

If it was the Relationships forum then yes, it would certainly be out of place, but i personally can't really see an issue.
  • coinxoperated
    Do we know why women don't need to call men on the end of a chat line?

Because we are normally in charge of the finances and actually read the 1.50pm sign at the bottom lol
    • assj
    • By assj 10th Jun 12, 10:16 AM
    • 1,981 Posts
    • 818 Thanks
    assj
    I'm male and I used to do webcam and phone.

It was very good money, however now that I am 23 my chances have gone right down and there is little work for me as I am considered "old".

I think it's hard for men on these types of lines, unless you get the right company and as there are so many I don't even know which one to suggest.

• Notey85
    Hi, if anyone has any info about good text companies to work for PLEASE could they PM me? Thank you!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,068Posts Today

8,140Users online

Martin's Twitter