Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Biomass (Wood Chip) Boilers
    • 1st Mar 12, 1:11 PM
    Biomass (Wood Chip) Boilers 1st Mar 12 at 1:11 PM
    Does anyone on here have any first hand experience of biomass boilers, particularly those fired by wood chip?

I am seriously considering a DIY install of a wood chip boiler in the coming months and would love to hear any tips or experiences. I was holding out for the RHI but as we are on mains gas it is looking highly unlikely I'll qualify.

I am particularly interested in wood chip as I grow trees and forestry for a living and could produce 30 cubic metres of seasoned wood chip a year without breaking a sweat.

Space for the boiler and wood store is not a problem, one of the current boilers is housed in a 12x5m outbuilding which has good access.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

211Posts Today

1,250Users online

Martin's Twitter