Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    TristanHeard
    Tesco Car Insurance - Cancellation Fee
    • 15th Feb 12, 4:21 PM
    Tesco Car Insurance - Cancellation Fee 15th Feb 12 at 4:21 PM
    Hi,

A little advice required. I have had my car insurance with Tesco for about 7 years. Recently with my wife being made redundant ad me being able to work from home we decided that we no longer needed 2 cars so we sold them both and opted instead for a nice sized family car.

The new car is in my wifes name and she et up the insurance to cover is both.

For this reason I no longer needed my car insurance with Tesco so cancelled the direct debit and informed them that I no longer owned the vehicle.

They advised me that I needed to pay for the remainder of the month whihc is 14, no problem, then however they have now told me that I also have to pay a 30 cancellation fee on top!!

I then get several letter through the post, the first one showing I owed them 14 which (and get this) includes the 30 cancellation fee!! Then 4 days later I get another letter telling me I owe them 58 and then 4 days after that letter a letter saying I hadn't paid them.

I told them I was not happy, I told them I dont feel it very fair that I am penalised for selling my car and that how can it go from 14 to 44 to 58 in the space of a week???

I am not happy, I dont mind paying the remainder of the month that the insurance covered but I am not happy to have to pay 30 to cancell it when I paid monthly by DD but then to be told its 58. I know its not a lit but it is when were on a single wage with 2 young children.

Can anyone offer any advice, I rang then to tell them that I would have to pay it at the end of teh month when I got paid but they didn't want to know only telling me that the debt will be passed on to a debt collection agency, which I think is really out of order
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,464Posts Today

6,423Users online

Martin's Twitter