Anyone took 'Help Link' boiler deal?

silkyuk9
silkyuk9 Posts: 2,815 Forumite
This sounds interesting. Just seen the tv commercial with johhny Ball £17.50 per month for new boiler with 10 year warrenty.

http://www.help-link.co.uk/

We pay around £20 per month for British Gas boiler cover so my thinking is that getting a new boiler fitted would be cheaper and would not need to use the BG cover.

Our boiler is a Worcester 25i and is discontinued but parts available so BG have no issues. However a new boiler would proberly be more efficiant and cheaper to run.

I was just wondering if anyone has this and how does it work for you?
All the big powers they've silenced me. So much for free speech and choice on this fundamental human right, and outing the liars.

Comments

• Nazitf
    Nazitf Posts: 140 Forumite
    Their quote was higher than some local plumbers however they were able to offer a 10 year warranty.

I didn't choose to go with them because when the surveyor came round they said the following things which made me sceptical.

These apply to installing a combi boiler.

1. When I raised concerns about the condensation pipes freezing, the response was that the newer outlet pipes wont freeze so this shouldn’t be a worry.

2. The size of the combi was determined by the number of radiators. The flow rate into the property (calculated by measuring the flow rate for the downstairs kitchen cold tap) doesn't restrict the size of the boiler that can be chosen. If you go for a bigger boiler, it can "pump" more water so you'll get higher flow rates.

3. A chemical flush is sufficient before installing the new system (old system boiler to new combi boiler). I could have a powerflush if I wanted but it wasn’t necessary.

Please comment / correct me if any of the above is true.
  • ihateyes
    ihateyes Posts: 1,326 Forumite
    silkyuk9 wrote: »
    This sounds interesting. Just seen the tv commercial with johhny Ball £17.50 per month for new boiler with 10 year warrenty.

http://www.help-link.co.uk/

We pay around £20 per month for British Gas boiler cover so my thinking is that getting a new boiler fitted would be cheaper and would not need to use the BG cover.

Our boiler is a Worcester 25i and is discontinued but parts available so BG have no issues. However a new boiler would proberly be more efficiant and cheaper to run.

I was just wondering if anyone has this and how does it work for you?

couple of things to remember.... your tied in for 10yrs..... receive poor service, you cant move..... well you can but the cancellation fee will be massive.

What if you move house in the next 10years....... you will still be paying for the boiler..... remember its basically a finance agreement for a boiler installation and 10yrs maintenance contract.
    Promo codes are never always cheaper..... isnt that right EuropCar?
  • macman
    macman Posts: 52,992
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Read the small print. Clue: it's very small indeed!
    http://www.help-link.co.uk/about/latest-offers.php?a=uk
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • ihateyes
    macman wrote: »
    Read the small print. Clue: it's very small indeed!
    http://www.help-link.co.uk/about/latest-offers.php?a=uk

i cant see small print lol
    im sure i read somewhere there is a deposit here as well.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 52,992
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    You're not intended to! Deposit £474, total payable £2514, APR 9.9%
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • boiler_minder
    boiler_minder Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 17 July 2012 at 7:05PM
    They don't employ anyone direct and only use sub contractors which they tell people there direct labour.

you'll never get a boiler for £17 a month unless you put a £500 deposit and pay £1000 over 10 years.

the 10 year warranty is not worth the paper it written on the customer service is so poor if you got a problem they fob you off stay well clear and use your local plumber.
  • Im a self employed Plumbing/heating and saw these adverts and thought "!!!!!!, another offer too good to be true!" and it sounds like it is!
    I really wish there was a route we could all take to have piece of mind when dealing with big purchases like boilers.
    I used to think that getting a boiler from someone like myself with a warranty was a good start and I used to push Domestic & General as a warranty extension but even they have let my customers down with poor service and BS they gave them about their good service!
    Find a decent local Gas Safe Registered engineer and start from there, just get advice on the small print and steer clear of these too good to be true offers.
  • ihateyes
    Im a self employed Plumbing/heating and saw these adverts and thought "!!!!!!, another offer too good to be true!" and it sounds like it is!
    I really wish there was a route we could all take to have piece of mind when dealing with big purchases like boilers.
    I used to think that getting a boiler from someone like myself with a warranty was a good start and I used to push Domestic & General as a warranty extension but even they have let my customers down with poor service and BS they gave them about their good service!
    Find a decent local Gas Safe Registered engineer and start from there, just get advice on the small print and steer clear of these too good to be true offers.

Also its a 10yr plan. so once installed, you just cant cancel.
    Also if you move, your still liable for all payments.
  • Ive just used help link and glad i did. I used a local plumber to fit my last boiler, i only got a 2 year manufacturers so the money i paid him was just for the work he did, and a year after the boiler came out of warranty the boiler was condemned!!! got help link because of the 10 year manufacturers warranty confirmed by worcester bosch themselves (and its transferable to whoever buys my house if i move). Got it over 10 year finance because i just dont have the money to pay AGAIN in full to a local plumber but can pay it off in full at anytime or big bits of it at a time so i'll pay less interest. and on top of all this worcester bosch recommend them so im not only happy now ive got a boiler but also massive peace of mind. :-)
  • ihateyes
    macca1970 wrote: »
    Got it over 10 year finance-)

so if you move in 5 years your still paying for this boiler and warranty...... that is all.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure