Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    alirob12
    Renault Scenic losing power problem
    • 12th Dec 11, 8:30 PM
    Renault Scenic losing power problem 12th Dec 11 at 8:30 PM
    Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help.

I drive a 2002 Renault Scenic 1.9dci. Recently my accelerator cable broke and the AA have fixed it temporary. I drove it for a couple of weeks like this and a couple of times something happened, where I was fully pressing my accelerator but the revs only moved to 1800 and I was only able to drive it like 20mph. After a short while everything was fine.

Last week a friend of mine replaced the cable (also disconnected the battery to replace the reverse switch). Ever since it has gone from bad to worse. The above situation still happenes where I am flooring it but only getting under 2000 revs. But in addition I get a lot of misfiring, choking, when I accelerate I hear (what my friend described as when not all cylinders are working properly etc).

We connected the fault reader but nothing came up but was unable to get the live data. The orange light came up which said something like electric / fan fault?? but only comes up when engine is struggling e.g. going up the hill??

It seems to be working better when driving faster e.g. when th turbo kicks in, but still not right Any idea anyone PLEASE????
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

557Posts Today

4,141Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • On way to @GMB for my 7:40 Deals of the Week, which incl don't bin AI scene letter, Amazon voucher, free make up, free photo prints and more

• Ever watched storage hunters? Now you can do it yourself, with lost luggage auctions... http://t.co/kxINkGPQa4

• MSE Big Energy Switch III: Cheaper than the cheapest energy, save £280/yr + £30 cashback + 1,500 clubcard pts.... http://t.co/f5JfF6T9Aa

• Follow Martin