Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Essential Money > Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance > HELP with NEW PPI claim NEXT DIRECTORY (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
HELP with NEW PPI claim NEXT DIRECTORY
Views: 14,256
# 1
Mutley75
Old 24-11-2011, 9:07 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default HELP with NEW PPI claim NEXT DIRECTORY

Hi, I really don't know where to start! .... I have had my Next Directory a/c for approx 16-18yrs with PPI.They have now sent letters out changing some of their t&c's stating that as of March 2012, they will now remove this service but claims that are being dealt with wont be affected. I DIDN'T KNOW I COULD RE-CLAIM THE PPI!!! HELP! Please could someone tell me how to do this and where to go.... Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following User Says Thank You to Mutley75 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2
di3004
Old 24-11-2011, 9:05 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Hi there & welcome

If mis sold the PPI, then you can try making a reclaim.

Although I am not sure if they may try to come back and say they were not regulated by the FSA then, so if they reject your complaint the Financial ombudsman service (FOS) cannot adjudicate/take on a complaint if the business were not regulated at the time you taken out the policy.

However, the FOS may suggest another avenue instead if this fails.

Do give it a go if you believe the ppi was mis sold, all you do is complete the reclaim questionnaire which is on step 3 of the reclaiming, do not worry about the paperwork as such, just as long as you have an account number, so in your case NEXT account number.
Send the completed form to the business head office or complaints dept, and save copies for yourself as well.

Good luck.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/rec...nsurance#step3
!h! !!! !!d !!!y &q!!!;D!zzy D!&q!!!;
# 3
madmartha
Old 23-02-2012, 7:43 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Can I ask how you got on with this?
# 4
DannyBoy10
Old 04-04-2012, 1:10 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Help with Next Directory ppi

Hi have you had any news regarding your claim. I am in the same boat as you just realised I have been paying ppi for 18yrs. I spoke to a lady in head office at next and she explained to me I sign an agreement and thats that not happy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutley75 View Post
Hi, I really don't know where to start! .... I have had my Next Directory a/c for approx 16-18yrs with PPI.They have now sent letters out changing some of their t&c's stating that as of March 2012, they will now remove this service but claims that are being dealt with wont be affected. I DIDN'T KNOW I COULD RE-CLAIM THE PPI!!! HELP! Please could someone tell me how to do this and where to go.... Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks
# 5
dunstonh
Old 04-04-2012, 1:23 PM
Mega Magnificent Maxi-Meticulous Uber-MoneySaving Magnate

Quote:
Hi have you had any news regarding your claim. I am in the same boat as you just realised I have been paying ppi for 18yrs. I spoke to a lady in head office at next and she explained to me I sign an agreement and thats that not happy.
There is nothing wrong with having PPI. You cannot complain just because you have it. You have to have been mis-sold or have it set up incorrectly. Card based PPi can only be set up with monthly cost. So, it is set up correctly. so, that leaves us with why you think you were mis-sold 18 years ago.

That also leads to other comments which can influence complaint outcomes. 1) How have you only just realised after 200 statements that you are paying for it? (this can make your complaint appear opportunistic rather than genuine) 2) after 18 years, your evidence to support your allegations is likely to be weak or non-existent.

What actually was the basis of your complaint?
I am a Financial Adviser. Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from a Financial Adviser local to you.
The Following User Says Thank You to dunstonh For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6
Duffle
Old 16-04-2012, 7:41 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

How are you getting on with this? We are in the same boat.

My husband has been paying ppp since 1990 and the 1st we knew about it was when we received this letter. I had questioned him about it before but he thought it was part of the interest on the credit.

It was added to the account and you had to write to them and opt out if you didn't want it.

I have received a letter from Next stating that they were not part of FOS at the time so had no obligation to check if the policy was wanted or needed.
# 7
whitecat
Old 17-05-2012, 5:29 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Default Next PPI reclaiming

Me too, I would love to hear from anyone who has made a successful PPI reclaim against Next Directory or Next Retail Group. If you have any info or anyone has any advice it would be very very much appreciated.
# 8
Max_b
Old 27-05-2012, 10:45 PM
MoneySaving Convert

does anyone have any updates on getting ppi back from next? cant see anything about PPI in their T&Cs and looked at a few of my old statements and its not mentioned on there either
# 9
dunstonh
Old 28-05-2012, 8:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_b View Post
does anyone have any updates on getting ppi back from next? cant see anything about PPI in their T&Cs and looked at a few of my old statements and its not mentioned on there either
If it doesnt appear on the statements then why do you think you have it and why do you think you were mis-sold something you don't appear to have?
I am a Financial Adviser. Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from a Financial Adviser local to you.
# 10
Max_b
Old 28-05-2012, 10:28 PM
MoneySaving Convert

sorry I am just starting out looking into this ppi thing. so if we have paid ppi for something it would show on an itemised statement?
# 11
dunstonh
Old 29-05-2012, 9:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_b View Post
sorry I am just starting out looking into this ppi thing. so if we have paid ppi for something it would show on an itemised statement?
Yes. On credit cards, it is a monthly payment and would appear on the statement.
# 12
Dizzydenny
Old 09-07-2012, 11:10 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Smile Next ppi claim

I submitted my own claim with NEXT last week and have received a letter back from NEXT saying that First Assist Insurance Services Limited are responsible for my PPI. I opened my account on the 9th Sept 1998 and only took out the PPI on the 13th December 2001. I would not have phoned them and asked for insurance. (I certainly would have remembered if I did). I was given the impression that if you had an outstanding balance this PPI would be automatically charged to your account. If you didn't want this charge then don't have an outstanding balance. Whats the idea of a store card if you have to pay it all off every month. Hence, after all this advertising for PPI claiming, I cancelled my policy with NEXT and have proceeded to claim from them. My next step is getting evidence of my agreement with them to charge me PPI years after opening my account. I am also going to write to First Assist. If any one has any more advise for me, it would greatly be appreciated. In the meantime I'll keep posting on any updates I get.
# 13
MACWESTIE
Old 10-07-2012, 11:52 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default next ppi

i have just asked a company on my behalf to take my case on for next. Again i have had a ppi since 1992 i dont remember taking this on and wouldnt have needed it anyway as i get paid when i am off sick so i have been paying it for twenty years unnecessarily. So i genually believe i was missold. I know ignorance doesnt help but I wasnt aware what this payment was for and just thought it was interest charged on my account it was only when my husband noticed the charges and told me to cancel it again this was a nightmare and you needed a letter from god i sent letters, telephoned etc and it was never cancelled. I noticed in january that it had dissappeared from my account and when i contacted them they said they wrote to everyone and told people it was being removed from their account again do not recalling seeing any paper work on this. Its amazing that they can remove it from my account and i couldnt. Has anyone else had an positive outcome from next? e
# 14
balogan
Old 10-07-2012, 12:00 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

I havent claimed against Next but can anyone tell me if they have claimed against PPI sold with Life Assurance Policies?
# 15
balogan
Old 10-07-2012, 12:02 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

I was sold PPI on 3 life assurance policies when both my husband and myself were self employed. The PPI was obviouslu not needed and I would like to know if anyone else has had a successful claim in such circumstances. The policies were with the NatWest Bank.
# 16
dunstonh
Old 10-07-2012, 12:29 PM

Quote:
I havent claimed against Next but can anyone tell me if they have claimed against PPI sold with Life Assurance Policies?
PPI isnt available on Life assurance policies. So, the answer to that would be no.
# 17
whitecat
Old 25-07-2012, 1:21 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Out of interst what claims company are you using. I would love to know if anyone has made a successful claim against next plc...would love to be kept updated on how you get on. will your claim be against next or the ppi insurance company...i would guess next?