Sophie giraffe

Options
Cheapest place to get a Sophie giraffe?

Comments

• Mme.Hibou
    Mme.Hibou Posts: 1,667 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    They're generally about £11.99, haven't seen them much cheaper (amazon is currently £11.88) We bought our boy one and he still plays with her now (although not as a teether/soother) and he's 2.
    ,___,
    (oVo)
    /)vvv)
    /m m
  • Wonder_Womble
    Options
    I wanted one of these but had read they had been withdrawn in Canada and Belgium after children choked on them?
  • Gillyx
    Gillyx Posts: 6,847 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We paid about £12 for ours I think from Mothercare. So cute.
    The frontier is never somewhere else. And no stockades can keep the midnight out.
  • phunkles
    phunkles Posts: 1,711 Forumite
    Options
    £8 - babies are us -
    on offer for £9.99 and used the 20% off discount code this weekend :)
    Love is the answer. At least for most of the questions in my heart,
    Like why are we here? And where do we go?And how come it's so hard?
    It's not always easy,And sometimes life can be deceiving,
    I'll tell you one thing, its always better when we're together
  • Toto
    Toto Posts: 6,680 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    What is this giraffe thing? It looks like something you'd pick up in the pound shop for the dog to chew.
    :A
    :A
    "Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid" - Albert Einstein
  • Tigsteroonie
    Tigsteroonie Posts: 24,954 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I was going to suggest Babies/Toys R Us, I was in there today and noticed that they were on offer for £9.99

Toto, I will agree that it looks similar. But it's made from stuff that's safe for babies, and it's been designed with certain angles/shapes that mean it can reach all different parts of a baby's mouth depending on which tooth is coming through. I have to admit I was sceptical at first, but Andrew absolutely loved his Sophie to the extent that we had to purchase a second after we lost the first from his buggy.
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

:) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
  • mrs_marty
    Options
    TBH save your money and dont buy one; I didnt with my eldest two, but with my youngest I thought this might be the magic cure and so wrong I was she threw it to the side and preffered the carrot I had put in the freezer
  • Hub
    Hub Posts: 139 Forumite
    Options
    Don't forget to try everything twice, just in case you were wrong the first time...
  • Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,152 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Toto wrote: »
    What is this giraffe thing? It looks like something you'd pick up in the pound shop for the dog to chew.
    It does doesn't it. I'd never heard of them so had to google. Once upon a time you could buy teething rings you could put in the fridge, my friends kids had them. They cost a pound or two. Then when I had mine (11 and 8) you couldn't get them, deemed 'dangerous' then all of a sudden you can buy something else but it's a hell of a lot dearer than the teething rings were.
  • MamaMoo_2
    MamaMoo_2 Posts: 2,644 Forumite
    Options
    Spendless wrote: »
    It does doesn't it. I'd never heard of them so had to google. Once upon a time you could buy teething rings you could put in the fridge, my friends kids had them. They cost a pound or two. Then when I had mine (11 and 8) you couldn't get them, deemed 'dangerous' then all of a sudden you can buy something else but it's a hell of a lot dearer than the teething rings were.

Eh? I have 2 teething rings for my son. Soft plastic water-filled rings that live in the fridge. Same thing I had when I was teething 21 years ago, and they were only £1 each. Bought one as recent as 6 months ago, and the shops still stock them as I nearly bought another one last week. :)
    Not a fan of a lot of teething toys as I find some can be a bit inflexible.
    If the teething rings aren't working, I usually give DS a hard biscuit to gnaw on or a tip-top or ice cube.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure