Firmus Energy

Options
I was in Bloomfields today & seen the Firmus energy stall,the was no reps about but I tea leafed a leaflet from under their counter.

Now I'm in the process of switching to Budget,so seeing their stall got me thinking.They say that they offer 10% off Pheonix Supply Pay as you Go published prices until 02/13 & 5% after that for another year,and they guarantee it.

Before I jump ship to them does anyone else use Firmus & are the any pro's & cons?...

Thanks.

Comments

• trebor21
    trebor21 Posts: 166 Forumite
    Options
    I think you might have to do meter readings yourself, but apart from that it makes sense,
    Epically with the winter months about to hit!
  • Ex-Spendaholic
    Options
    Just started the switching process myself. Cant see any cons. Same meter, same gas only 10% cheaper. Its a no brainer.
  • spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    Options
    Cheers,just switched!
  • Eclipser
    Eclipser Posts: 174 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi

Just switched over today as a Pay as You Go customer, really easy and straight forward to do.

They will send you a letter and then a welcome pack with your switching date.
  • Donna-Marie01
    Options
    spike7451 wrote: »
    Cheers,just switched!
    Hi Spike

Am thinking of switching to Firmus myself and Im just wondering if the switch over went smoothly and have you had any probs? Im currently with Phoenix :D
  • spike7451
    Options
    Hi Spike

Am thinking of switching to Firmus myself and Im just wondering if the switch over went smoothly and have you had any probs? Im currently with Phoenix :D

Dead easy Donna,took me 5 minutes & you get an e-mail straight away (see below),you just need to input the serial codes off the meter into the form & bob's your uncle.
    The only bit I don't like,but I can live with it, is your pay card can only be used in the shop you select,so if you need to get gas credit on the way home from work & the shop you choose is shut,you're stuffed.But that's a minor point over the savings.

thanks! we have successfully received all of your details... now we'll take care of the rest!

what happens next?

Next, there are 4 simple steps:

Don’t worry, we’ll keep you up to date with the progress of your application and the date we plan to start supplying your natural gas.

where is my PayPoint outlet?

It's right here! (click here to view map)

Don’t forget, in order to switch to cheaper natural gas from firmus energy, you will need to activate your existing pay-as-you-go card at the PayPoint outlet you selected above.

Don’t worry, you don’t need to do this yet - we’ll send you a letter to tell you when!

If you would like to select a different PayPoint outlet, simply call our Switch Team on 0800 032 4567.

our offer

If you would like to print or save a copy of your tariff for your records you can, simply download details of the offer and terms and conditions below:

Download: greater Belfast domestic pay-as-you-go tariff
    Download: General Terms and Conditions of Natural Gas Supply

stay in touch

If you have a question, try our faqs or get in touch with our Switch Team on 0800 032 4567. We're here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and happy to help!

• Eclipser
    Eclipser Posts: 174 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi Spike

You only need to take your payment card to your nominated shop for the first top-up after that you can use it at any other shop you wish.
  • spike7451
    Options
    Eclipser wrote: »
    Hi Spike

You only need to take your payment card to your nominated shop for the first top-up after that you can use it at any other shop you wish.

Ah right,cheers.
  • hazelc56
    hazelc56 Posts: 318 Forumite
    Options
    SPIKE- As per Budget Energy thread. Thanks a lot spike,very useful thread.Be seeing my friend tonight and will mention Firmus to her.
  • spike7451
    Options
    Well,I was looking thru my paperwork from Firmus & Budget & noticed on the letter that the date was the 10th Sept...so I fired off a complaint e-mail stating it'd been nearly 2 months & no contact from them.

So about an hour later,I got a phone call apologizing as the letter had the wrong date on it & it should've been dated 10th October.

Good news is I switch over on 18th November!:D:T

One thing to point out tho is that at present,when you switch you still use your Phoenix Gas top up card in your meter,something I wasn't aware of & they don't tell you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure