Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Household & Travel > Praise, Vent & Warnings > Warning - Noddle (callcredit) the 'free' credit c... (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Warning - Noddle (callcredit) the 'free' credit check that isn't
Views: 54,406
# 1
maybelle19
Old 28-09-2011, 1:32 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Thumbs down Warning - Noddle (callcredit) the 'free' credit check that isn't

I dont know if this is the right place to post, but here goes...

Callcredit, who carry out credit checks, are in the process of setting up an 'new' company - called Noddle.

They say that the purpose of Noddle is to provide FREE Credit Checks, PERMANENTLY. They say it is going through, or is now through its Beta stage - although you have to register for a 'phased' membership'.

I duly registered and was emailed my invitiation to register. The link takes you to Callcredit - although they repeatedly warn / reassure that they're aware you're signing for 'FREE' Noddle.

To prove ID you are required to provide card details. My Mastercard (PrePay) was not accepted (I should have stopped then) so, stupidly, I used my bank card! I made sure that I did not give permission for the card details to be kept.

Over a week ago, I discovered that Callcredit had taken 12 from my account. Apparently they will continue to do this if I dont make them stop (or cancel my card).

I emailed Noddle - no reply.
Further Complaint - Reminder - Which earned an apology from Kirsty, with instructions to contact 'Callcredit', as it must have been my fault but I'd inadvertently signed up with them (Noddle checked their links before posting).

Next day - Another reply (My complaint had been rather strong) from Gill this time, although she obviously had no idea that Kirstly had already replied. Strangely, their responses / blame shifting, were word for word identical.

In the meantime, my emails to Callcredit were simply ignored.
I resent my heavily highlighted complaint - to both companies - threatening Trading Standards / police, etc.

Friday - Received reply from Rebecca at Callcredit - asking for copies of previous mail and responses from Noddle - so she could 'investigate'. I replied immediately.

Today - Received reply from Kirsty at Noddle. Sorry - but (silly me) I must have joined Callcredit without using the proper link (err... NO).

I've now sent email to both - with instructions to cancel, remove details and confirm actions.

Have just this minute received e-mailed apology from Kirsty, who has arranged my removal from Noddle. She assures me that Call Credit will do the same. I await the latter's confirmation of receipt or action. They've yet to acknowledge any reimbursement.

JUST TO WARN EVERYONE: Please DO NOT sign up for 'free' Credit Checks via Noddle (or Callcredit for that matter). They will take money from the card you provide - and will keep taking, on a monthly basis, until you notice the loss... Please also pass this warning on to friends. I hate to think how much they're making from this 'registration process'
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to maybelle19 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2
nomoneytoday
Old 28-09-2011, 1:47 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

I've used Noodle for 3 months, via the link they sent, with no 12 deductions..?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nomoneytoday For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
fermi
Old 28-09-2011, 2:03 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoneytoday View Post
I've used Noodle for 3 months, via the link they sent, with no 12 deductions..?
Same here. And plenty of others who have as well.
I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Bankruptcy, Credit Cards, Loans, and Benefits boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com | > New to Forum? Click for Guide <

Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fermi For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 4
Jennifer_Jane
Old 28-09-2011, 2:09 PM

No deductions for me either. But OP's experience doesn't sound very heartening. Thanks for the warning.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jennifer_Jane For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5
spikescot2005
Old 28-09-2011, 2:10 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Yep no problems here either. Any issues or questions i have had have been answered and resolved within 24 hours.

Fantastic service, can't fault them.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spikescot2005 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6
Zack1
Old 02-10-2011, 10:09 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

How do you request a new report on here? I can still only see the one from September, but want the latest one :\

I haven't been charged 12 quid anyway
The Following User Says Thank You to Zack1 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 7
fermi
Old 02-10-2011, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack1 View Post
How do you request a new report on here? I can still only see the one from September, but want the latest one :\

I haven't been charged 12 quid anyway
You get a new one automatically every month.

Depends on the date you signed up on though. If you signed up on the 12th of the month for example, then your new report should be generated around the 12th on each subsequent month.

If it's not, then contact noddle.
I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Bankruptcy, Credit Cards, Loans, and Benefits boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com | > New to Forum? Click for Guide <

Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fermi For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 8
Zack1
Old 02-10-2011, 1:08 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Thanks I thought it may be that. I signed up at the start of last month so I'll wait a while longer
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zack1 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9
mcjordi
Old 03-10-2011, 7:10 PM

Send a message via AIM to mcjordi

Never had a problem been with them for about 3 months.. no deductions either..
Sealed pot challenger # 257
currently saving for Chicago Trip 2015/2016 need circa 1500
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mcjordi For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 10
carlsorff
Old 05-10-2011, 10:55 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

I get my free credit report with score 1/5 and no info at all in it. Emailed Noddle costumer service about this matter and they refered me to callcreditcheck, which I did. Today I got a respons which I suspect was a copy and paste and didnt have to do anything at all with the missing info. But I didnt get charged.
The Following User Says Thank You to carlsorff For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 11
GreenSaints
Old 14-10-2011, 11:34 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Hi,

I just signed up, but am a bit worried because I clicked on the report from Callcredit, as it said get your report.

Should I have not done this?
DEBT FREE SINCE 25.07.14!
Debt at Highest (November 2010) - circa 40k
The Following User Says Thank You to GreenSaints For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 12
fermi
Old 14-10-2011, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenSaints View Post
Hi,

I just signed up, but am a bit worried because I clicked on the report from Callcredit, as it said get your report.

Should I have not done this?
Don't worry. That is fine.

They let you use the full callcreditcheck.com report service in tandem with the noddle one for the duration of the noddle trial.

You can log in and get a fresh callcreditcheck report once per day while the noddle trial is ongoing.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fermi For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 13
Tara100
Old 12-11-2011, 4:32 PM
MoneySaving Convert

The OP is correct - I have just been going thru my bank statements, and I'm livid - 12.00 was taken from my account in September, and worst of all, most of the service has been unavailable to me.
(as advised, I joined CallCreditCheck using the link Noddle gave me)

I feel partly to blame, because I NEVER join anything that asks for credit card / bank details, BUT, I was assured that the service was free..........

(Here's my correspondence to Noddle - note there 'no charges' reply below)

To whom it may concern

When I joined Noddle back in August 2011, I wrote asking if the service through Noddle would be free (see below, and further down at base of mail for Noddles' reply)

Hello

I have just received an email from Noddle, saying that I can sign up to CallCredit.
Can I confirm with you that 12.00 WILL NOT be taken from my bank account after signing up to CallCredit please?

If the service is defintitely free, how long does it last for free, and is there a limit on the amount of free searches I can perform without being charged?

I have just checked my bank statements, and see that 12.00 was taken from my credit card account by CallCreditCheck 9th September

To say I am cross is an understatement - I have also tried to use the service over the last two months to find important features unavailable to me - when I try to access a new credit report,I receive the message:

Allotted reports
You have had your allotted number of reports.

I am requesting the 12.00 back that has been taken from my bank account, and wish this to be actioned immediately.
I also want my account to be closed.

Please contact me as soon as possible.
Mrs ..........

Subject:
RE: Noddle / CallCredit enquiries
Date:
11/08/11 09:32:07 A.M. GMT Standard Time
contact@noddle.co.uk

Hi ........
Thanks for your email. I can confirm that, as long as you sign up to CallCredit Check using the link that we provided, the service will be free and will remain free.

At least for the trial phase of the Noddle you will need to have an active CallCredit Check account so please dont cancel your subscription as yet. We are working on getting our own sign up and verification process so that this link isnt required and well make sure that you are kept up to date in regards to what you need to do with your CallCredit Check account.

As we get closer to our full launch we will contact you in regards to what will happen next with your CallCredit account.

In regards to the number of searches you can carry out, a new report is generated each month and you can view this report as many times as you wish to.

I hope that reassures you.

We look forward to welcoming you to Noddle soon.

Vicci
The Noddle Team

contact@noddle.co.uk

Email : contact@noddle.co.uk

Callcredit Information Group - Enabling Smarter Decisions
Please consider the environment before printing this email

I stupidly smoked 15-20 cigs per day over 28 years, but not anymore.....I've been 'nicodemon' free (cold turkey style) since 27th July 2010....

From 27th July 2010 to 29th March 2014, I haven't smoked 23,001 cigarettes, and have saved 6,244.63

The Following User Says Thank You to Tara100 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 14
m3aty
Old 20-12-2011, 11:52 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Hi there, the same has happened to me.... signed up for Noddle as it was entirely free, yet CallCreditCheck took 12.00 from my account on 18th December.

No phone number on Callcredit's website and Noddle's just asks you to leave a number for them to call you back.

Did anyone get through to them or get their money back?
The Following User Says Thank You to m3aty For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 15
asterraine
Old 18-03-2012, 12:52 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Noddle, is it just a scam

I tried my free Noddle report and found there was data missing compared to the Experian report I'd received a couple of months earlier. Spoke to Call Credit (after waiting on hold for 15 mins) who got quite irrate when i told them i had more data then they knew about!!!

Also, CHECK THE NODDLE SMALL PRINT. It seems you're also giving them permission to pass your credit file on to 3rd parties. There's no such thing as a free lunch!

Personally I'd use Experian. They're more expensive but their report is complete and they're nice people to talk to.
The Following User Says Thank You to asterraine For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 16
rubenstine
Old 08-08-2012, 2:12 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by asterraine View Post
I tried my free Noddle report and found there was data missing compared to the Experian report I'd received a couple of months earlier. Spoke to Call Credit (after waiting on hold for 15 mins) who got quite irrate when i told them i had more data then they knew about!!!

Also, CHECK THE NODDLE SMALL PRINT. It seems you're also giving them permission to pass your credit file on to 3rd parties. There's no such thing as a free lunch!

Personally I'd use Experian. They're more expensive but their report is complete and they're nice people to talk to.
Experian are not nice people they are the same as the rest
just trying to make money .Their free credit report is what it says ,but for excisting customers ,they are forced to pay for
identity fraud protection when just wanting to check their file
how they are allowed to do this is quite beyoind belief nothing
more than a scam .A licencse to print money and who pays?in
8O % of the cases people will be checking their file because they need credit ,having to fork out 14.99 is not helping anyone.
# 17
fitzydec
Old 05-10-2012, 9:20 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Ive just cheacked my bank account and they have taken 20 from me. Not Happy!
# 18
Nikipedia
Old 17-10-2012, 2:00 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

They have taken 20 from my account too about 3 months after I subscribed. Not happy as I had clicked for the Free report. Will have to send some stern emails and demand my money back.
Won Dec '09: Tickets to Luminess & night stay in Chester Green Boughs Hotel. Feb'10: Grisly tales book, Bio-synergy goodies.
# 19
mariondiana
Old 29-05-2013, 10:46 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default update on noodle credit check

hi everyone I have just joined noodle (over a month now ) no charges have been made. But just to let you know this site was recommended to my daughter via the Croydon police fraud division to keep an eye on her credit as someone was using her address for fraud. hope this puts your minds at rest.
kind regards
marion
# 20
DCFC79
Old 29-05-2013, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariondiana View Post
hi everyone I have just joined noodle (over a month now ) no charges have been made. But just to let you know this site was recommended to my daughter via the Croydon police fraud division to keep an eye on her credit as someone was using her address for fraud. hope this puts your minds at rest.
kind regards
marion
I bet some of the previous posters just didnt read things correctly, basically a user error occured.