Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    maybelle19
    Warning - Noddle (callcredit) the 'free' credit check that isn't
    • 28th Sep 11, 1:32 PM
    Warning - Noddle (callcredit) the 'free' credit check that isn't 28th Sep 11 at 1:32 PM
    I dont know if this is the right place to post, but here goes...

Callcredit, who carry out credit checks, are in the process of setting up an 'new' company - called Noddle.

They say that the purpose of Noddle is to provide FREE Credit Checks, PERMANENTLY. They say it is going through, or is now through its Beta stage - although you have to register for a 'phased' membership'.

I duly registered and was emailed my invitiation to register. The link takes you to Callcredit - although they repeatedly warn / reassure that they're aware you're signing for 'FREE' Noddle.

To prove ID you are required to provide card details. My Mastercard (PrePay) was not accepted (I should have stopped then) so, stupidly, I used my bank card! I made sure that I did not give permission for the card details to be kept.

Over a week ago, I discovered that Callcredit had taken 12 from my account. Apparently they will continue to do this if I dont make them stop (or cancel my card).

I emailed Noddle - no reply.
    Further Complaint - Reminder - Which earned an apology from Kirsty, with instructions to contact 'Callcredit', as it must have been my fault but I'd inadvertently signed up with them (Noddle checked their links before posting).

Next day - Another reply (My complaint had been rather strong) from Gill this time, although she obviously had no idea that Kirstly had already replied. Strangely, their responses / blame shifting, were word for word identical.

In the meantime, my emails to Callcredit were simply ignored.
    I resent my heavily highlighted complaint - to both companies - threatening Trading Standards / police, etc.

Friday - Received reply from Rebecca at Callcredit - asking for copies of previous mail and responses from Noddle - so she could 'investigate'. I replied immediately.

Today - Received reply from Kirsty at Noddle. Sorry - but (silly me) I must have joined Callcredit without using the proper link (err... NO).

I've now sent email to both - with instructions to cancel, remove details and confirm actions.

Have just this minute received e-mailed apology from Kirsty, who has arranged my removal from Noddle. She assures me that Call Credit will do the same. I await the latter's confirmation of receipt or action. They've yet to acknowledge any reimbursement.

JUST TO WARN EVERYONE: Please DO NOT sign up for 'free' Credit Checks via Noddle (or Callcredit for that matter). They will take money from the card you provide - and will keep taking, on a monthly basis, until you notice the loss... Please also pass this warning on to friends. I hate to think how much they're making from this 'registration process'
Page 1
  • nomoneytoday
    • 28th Sep 11, 1:47 PM
    • 28th Sep 11, 1:47 PM
    I've used Noodle for 3 months, via the link they sent, with no 12 deductions..?
    • fermi
    • By fermi 28th Sep 11, 2:03 PM
    • 36,899 Posts
    • 44,444 Thanks
    fermi
    • 28th Sep 11, 2:03 PM
    • 28th Sep 11, 2:03 PM
    I've used Noodle for 3 months, via the link they sent, with no 12 deductions..?
    Originally posted by nomoneytoday
    Same here. And plenty of others who have as well.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Bankruptcy, Credit Cards and Loans boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com | > New to Forum? Click for Guide <

Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • Jennifer_Jane
    • 28th Sep 11, 2:09 PM
    • 28th Sep 11, 2:09 PM
    No deductions for me either. But OP's experience doesn't sound very heartening. Thanks for the warning.
  • spikescot2005
    • 28th Sep 11, 2:10 PM
    • 28th Sep 11, 2:10 PM
    Yep no problems here either. Any issues or questions i have had have been answered and resolved within 24 hours.

Fantastic service, can't fault them.
  • Zack1
    • 2nd Oct 11, 10:09 AM
    • 2nd Oct 11, 10:09 AM
    How do you request a new report on here? I can still only see the one from September, but want the latest one :\

I haven't been charged 12 quid anyway
    • fermi
    • By fermi 2nd Oct 11, 10:44 AM
    • 36,899 Posts
    • 44,444 Thanks
    fermi
    • 2nd Oct 11, 10:44 AM
    • 2nd Oct 11, 10:44 AM
    How do you request a new report on here? I can still only see the one from September, but want the latest one :\

I haven't been charged 12 quid anyway
    Originally posted by Zack1
    You get a new one automatically every month.

Depends on the date you signed up on though. If you signed up on the 12th of the month for example, then your new report should be generated around the 12th on each subsequent month.

If it's not, then contact noddle.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Bankruptcy, Credit Cards and Loans boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com | > New to Forum? Click for Guide <

Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

• Zack1
    • 2nd Oct 11, 1:08 PM
    • 2nd Oct 11, 1:08 PM
    Thanks I thought it may be that. I signed up at the start of last month so I'll wait a while longer
  • mcjordi
    • 3rd Oct 11, 7:10 PM
    • 3rd Oct 11, 7:10 PM
    Never had a problem been with them for about 3 months.. no deductions either..
    Sealed pot challenger # 10
    "you had me at free"
    stealing your thoughts since 1984
    stars from Sue-UU ive had more but the price of gold was too much to resist
  • carlsorff
    I get my free credit report with score 1/5 and no info at all in it. Emailed Noddle costumer service about this matter and they refered me to callcreditcheck, which I did. Today I got a respons which I suspect was a copy and paste and didnt have to do anything at all with the missing info. But I didnt get charged.
    • GreenSaints
    • By GreenSaints 14th Oct 11, 11:34 AM
    • 712 Posts
    • 2,214 Thanks
    GreenSaints
    Hi,

I just signed up, but am a bit worried because I clicked on the report from Callcredit, as it said get your report.

Should I have not done this?
    DEBT FREE SINCE 25.07.14!
    Debt at Highest (November 2010) - circa 40k
    • fermi
    • By fermi 14th Oct 11, 12:34 PM
    • 36,899 Posts
    • 44,444 Thanks
    fermi
    Hi,

I just signed up, but am a bit worried because I clicked on the report from Callcredit, as it said get your report.

Should I have not done this?
    Originally posted by GreenSaints
    Don't worry. That is fine.

They let you use the full callcreditcheck.com report service in tandem with the noddle one for the duration of the noddle trial.

You can log in and get a fresh callcreditcheck report once per day while the noddle trial is ongoing.

• Tara100
    The OP is correct - I have just been going thru my bank statements, and I'm livid - 12.00 was taken from my account in September, and worst of all, most of the service has been unavailable to me.
    (as advised, I joined CallCreditCheck using the link Noddle gave me)

I feel partly to blame, because I NEVER join anything that asks for credit card / bank details, BUT, I was assured that the service was free..........

(Here's my correspondence to Noddle - note there 'no charges' reply below)

To whom it may concern

When I joined Noddle back in August 2011, I wrote asking if the service through Noddle would be free (see below, and further down at base of mail for Noddles' reply)

Hello

I have just received an email from Noddle, saying that I can sign up to CallCredit.
    Can I confirm with you that 12.00 WILL NOT be taken from my bank account after signing up to CallCredit please?

If the service is defintitely free, how long does it last for free, and is there a limit on the amount of free searches I can perform without being charged?

I have just checked my bank statements, and see that 12.00 was taken from my credit card account by CallCreditCheck 9th September

To say I am cross is an understatement - I have also tried to use the service over the last two months to find important features unavailable to me - when I try to access a new credit report,I receive the message:

Allotted reports
    You have had your allotted number of reports.

I am requesting the 12.00 back that has been taken from my bank account, and wish this to be actioned immediately.
    I also want my account to be closed.

Please contact me as soon as possible.
    Mrs ..........

Subject:
    RE: Noddle / CallCredit enquiries
    Date:
    11/08/11 09:32:07 A.M. GMT Standard Time
    contact@noddle.co.uk

Hi ........
    Thanks for your email. I can confirm that, as long as you sign up to CallCredit Check using the link that we provided, the service will be free and will remain free.

At least for the trial phase of the Noddle you will need to have an active CallCredit Check account so please dont cancel your subscription as yet. We are working on getting our own sign up and verification process so that this link isnt required and well make sure that you are kept up to date in regards to what you need to do with your CallCredit Check account.

As we get closer to our full launch we will contact you in regards to what will happen next with your CallCredit account.

In regards to the number of searches you can carry out, a new report is generated each month and you can view this report as many times as you wish to.

I hope that reassures you.

We look forward to welcoming you to Noddle soon.

Vicci
    The Noddle Team

contact@noddle.co.uk

Email : contact@noddle.co.uk

Callcredit Information Group - Enabling Smarter Decisions
    Please consider the environment before printing this email

I stupidly smoked 15-20 cigs per day over 28 years, but not anymore.....I've been 'nicodemon' free (cold turkey style) since 27th July 2010....

From 27th July 2010 to 29th March 2014, I haven't smoked 23,001 cigarettes, and have saved 6,244.63

• m3aty
    Hi there, the same has happened to me.... signed up for Noddle as it was entirely free, yet CallCreditCheck took 12.00 from my account on 18th December.

No phone number on Callcredit's website and Noddle's just asks you to leave a number for them to call you back.

Did anyone get through to them or get their money back?
  • asterraine
    Noddle, is it just a scam
    I tried my free Noddle report and found there was data missing compared to the Experian report I'd received a couple of months earlier. Spoke to Call Credit (after waiting on hold for 15 mins) who got quite irrate when i told them i had more data then they knew about!!!

Also, CHECK THE NODDLE SMALL PRINT. It seems you're also giving them permission to pass your credit file on to 3rd parties. There's no such thing as a free lunch!

Personally I'd use Experian. They're more expensive but their report is complete and they're nice people to talk to.
  • rubenstine
    I tried my free Noddle report and found there was data missing compared to the Experian report I'd received a couple of months earlier. Spoke to Call Credit (after waiting on hold for 15 mins) who got quite irrate when i told them i had more data then they knew about!!!

Also, CHECK THE NODDLE SMALL PRINT. It seems you're also giving them permission to pass your credit file on to 3rd parties. There's no such thing as a free lunch!

Personally I'd use Experian. They're more expensive but their report is complete and they're nice people to talk to.
    Originally posted by asterraine
    Experian are not nice people they are the same as the rest
    just trying to make money .Their free credit report is what it says ,but for excisting customers ,they are forced to pay for
    identity fraud protection when just wanting to check their file
    how they are allowed to do this is quite beyoind belief nothing
    more than a scam .A licencse to print money and who pays?in
    8O % of the cases people will be checking their file because they need credit ,having to fork out 14.99 is not helping anyone.
  • fitzydec
    Ive just cheacked my bank account and they have taken 20 from me. Not Happy!
  • Nikipedia
    They have taken 20 from my account too about 3 months after I subscribed. Not happy as I had clicked for the Free report. Will have to send some stern emails and demand my money back.
    Won Dec '09: Tickets to Luminess & night stay in Chester Green Boughs Hotel. Feb'10: Grisly tales book, Bio-synergy goodies.
  • mariondiana
    update on noodle credit check
    hi everyone I have just joined noodle (over a month now ) no charges have been made. But just to let you know this site was recommended to my daughter via the Croydon police fraud division to keep an eye on her credit as someone was using her address for fraud. hope this puts your minds at rest.
    kind regards
    marion
  • DCFC79
    hi everyone I have just joined noodle (over a month now ) no charges have been made. But just to let you know this site was recommended to my daughter via the Croydon police fraud division to keep an eye on her credit as someone was using her address for fraud. hope this puts your minds at rest.
    kind regards
    marion
    Originally posted by mariondiana
    I bet some of the previous posters just didnt read things correctly, basically a user error occured.
    Je Suis Charlie
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,030Posts Today

6,982Users online

Martin's Twitter