🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

My home is collapsing

Options

Comments

• jc808
    jc808 Posts: 1,756 Forumite
    Options
    First pic doesnt work

other pics are far too small
  • ic
    ic Posts: 3,294 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Same photos bigger:
    6082307826_8468c1bc18.jpg
    6081756231_60beb9c403.jpg
    6081756925_521ef98bb1.jpg
    6081756141_aaab7302b1.jpg
    I can't figure out what we're supposed to be looking at. Some context would help.
  • keystone
    keystone Posts: 10,916 Forumite
    edited 26 August 2011 at 11:12AM
    Options
    Agree - what are we looking at?

Edit: and why does it need two threads? Does the floor above this lot "bounce" when you tread on it? If you are concerned and as has been already advised, get yourself a surveyor in - MSE or not I think it unlikely anyone will be able to tell what is occuring from your pictures.

Cheers
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits. - Einstein
  • ankspon
    ankspon Posts: 2,371 Forumite
    Options
    The pics are of the concrete that separates the flat above and mine below.It is below there floorboards and above my plasterboard ceiling.
  • usignuolo
    usignuolo Posts: 1,923 Forumite
    Options
    I can see what you mean. You need to get a building surveyor in urgently.
  • ankspon
    Options
    It took 4 years for Wimpey and NHBC to visit me,i showed them the photos and they said it does not prove anything,they took down part of the kitchen ceiling and said nothing was wrong,ok but what about the bedroom where the photos were taken?.He said he was looking for evidence of metal grid showing and gaps,well that is what the photos show,he has closed the case,what is my next move please.
  • Rockingit
    Rockingit Posts: 206 Forumite
    Options
    Clearly this is an old thread - what was it that first made you go looking to see if you had collapse / subsidence?
  • ankspon
    Options
    We can hear the flat above urinating,defacating,ironing,showering,talking,sex,cupboard doors closing,bedroom drawers opening and closing,etc,etc.We had the ceiling removed to install some mass as there was no insulation and found the holes.This whole debacle has been 4 years long,we even had wimpey managers telling lies and we taped them.
  • Leif
    Leif Posts: 3,727 Forumite
    Options
    See posts 4 and 6.

You did get a surveyor in didn't you? My guess is that a) you get a surveyor in to confirm (or not) that the flat has structural problems, b) get a report from the surveyor, c) send report to Wimpey by recorded mail. I assume you have done that? If they refuse to act, I assume you then inform Wimpey that if they do not act within 4 weeks, you will engage someone to rectify the issues, and then go to court to get the money back from Wimpey. Assuming when you originally notified them of the issue the warranty on the house was still in effect.

Have you checked your house insurance? Your insurers may even advise you how to proceed, and they may even fund legal action.

And I assume you can claim back from Wimpey the cost of the surveyor. I must admit I would have been at their throats a long time ago. :)
    Warning: This forum may contain nuts.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family