student virgin media broadband with quidco?

Options
Hi,

I will be getting the 10mb broadband with virgin media for £21 a month, as I am a student there is the 9 month contract for students, if I am to purchase it, can I still claim cashback through quidco with this offer?

as it will save me £100 thus making it £89 for the whole 9 months, or is the quidco cashback for the normal cable contracts only?

thanks in advance

Comments

• macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 25 August 2011 at 9:41PM
    Options
    I suggest you check the VM link on the Quidco site.
    But yes, it appears to: 9m contracts are not listed as an exclusion in the T&C's. Offfer expires in 6 days though.
    It does however imply that you must take a triple bundle, which may not be your intention.

'£100 for all cable package / bundles (cable tv, cable broadband, cable phone)'
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • Surfbabe
    Surfbabe Posts: 2,281 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just a word of warning - the Student Package is actually 12 months but they allow you to cancel after 9 months - make sure you diarise to give 30 days notice otherwise you will have to pay the full 12 months. My DD has just been caught out with this - thought her contract ended at the end of June so cancelled DD and has just had a bill as she hadn't actually cancelled the contract
  • Inner_Zone
    Inner_Zone Posts: 2,853 Forumite
    Options
    Surfbabe wrote: »
    Just a word of warning - the Student Package is actually 12 months but they allow you to cancel after 9 months - make sure you diarise to give 30 days notice otherwise you will have to pay the full 12 months. My DD has just been caught out with this - thought her contract ended at the end of June so cancelled DD and has just had a bill as she hadn't actually cancelled the contract

Cancelling a DD does not cancel the contract, you need to give the supplier notice normally thirty days as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure