Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    hcb42
    Aviva 7 day Car Insurance
    • 10th Aug 11, 8:50 PM
    Aviva 7 day Car Insurance 10th Aug 11 at 8:50 PM
    Just looking for opinions really. We are buying a new car, picking it up tomorrow, and have sold a car which was obviously insured elsewhere, taken out in May, therefore to me all I had to do was change my insurance over to new vehicle...job done, and I am expecting new insurance cert in the post tomorrow - effective from tomorrow.

Garage seemed to really push this 7 day "free" insurance with Aviva. THwey said vehicle had to be insured and evidence of, before it was driven off the forecourt, no real idea why, as surely that is our responsibility (we paid the dealer in cash/BACS). I was not there, and told hubby to run a mile, didnt see what the issue was with simply swapping ours over, given we have had nearly two week's notice etc. I could envisage lots of issues, say if we then had a write off or something in this seven days, as we had no intention of taking out an annual policy as I still have 8 months left to run on the current insurer!

Anyway, hubby mentioned it again tonight as he wanted to pick the car up 24 hours earlier than arranged (today!), which did not materialise, as I did not feel it was a sensible way to insure a car - he felt there was no risk to this 7 day thing, I thought otherwise..can anyone shed any thoughts on this kind of cover?
    Last edited by hcb42; 10-08-2011 at 8:53 PM.
    2015 challenges to include: Weight loss 42lb/42lb YAY!); My Old Age Pot 35000/50000; Maldives 2018 Fund 1.37/3600; Canada 2016 Fund - 1803/2500. DH Rainy Day fund 600/1200 Camping Trips 2/2 booked.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,986Posts Today

7,789Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @JulianClary: CILLA BLACK ANYONE WHO HAD A HEART https://t.co/E25wIuhoHH via @YouTube

• Surprised at a few nasty replies re cilla. The respectful thing when someone dies is say nice or say nowt. Grieving relatives may be reading

• You can judge your age by what #cilla means to you. For me its not the singing, its blind date and surprise surprise. Sad news #ripcilla

• Follow Martin