🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

**August £10 per day Challenge! All Welcome! **

Options
:hello: Hello to all newbies and regulars and welcome to another £10 a day challenge.

This challenge first started in September 2007, so this will be the 46th Month this challenge has been going . So thanks Batgirl for starting it and Purpleroses, JesaRose, Aesop and MizMir,who also keep the thread going.

I know this first post is long, but please read it as it gives tips and info on how this challenge works!

If you're new to the challenge don't be scared - here's how it works:

The aim of this challenge is to make £10 extra a day everyday for the month. A lot of people think this is impossible but it can and has been done (and in some cases some show offs have even doubled or tripled the monthly challenge).

If you feel £10 is too much why not start at £5 or if you're brave join those who aim for £20 a day! Anything extra you make is great so set whatever target you think you can manage.

The idea is that everyone posts how they are making extra money or saving money and these shared ideas help all of us to learn new ways to help cut debt or earn/save money.

What cannot be added: wages from your main job
What can be added: overtime at work, income from a 2nd job, savings in shopping, daily clicks, sales, interest, vouchers, mystery shopping...the list is endless.

Feel free to add any extra money earned (above normal wages) or any money you saved when out shopping. For daily clicks and sites like quidco it's upto you when you add the money earnt there. Some add it when an amount tracks others when it's paid out - it's your challenge so it is upto you what you want to count and when you want to count it.

This board moves so fast so here's some ideas for people to make money. (Click the blue words (links) for some shortcuts to threads on each subject):

Sell your old books/DVDs/CDs/games here:
Amazon.co.uk, play.com, Green Metropolis is for books only.

Ebay - a place to sell anything and everything.

Gumtree, Preloved, cquot, ebid, craigslist, vivastreet, netmums.com, trade-it , Friday ad, priceminster - these are all places you can sell items too.

Survey sites - my survey and p!nec0ne tend to be the best (p!nec0ne is hard to find but well worth trying to find it!) but there are many more it really depends on you finding the ones that work best for you - toluna, harris poll, valued opinions etc

Valued Opinions

toluna

onepoll

also join topcashback and Quidco - type in surveys in the search engine and some will pay you to join up with them.

http://www.volunteer4panels.com/ famous for shop and scan. They may also ask you to join their other panels :

Shop and Scan gives 1100 points a week, plus a bonus 500 if you upload a receipt.
Food on the Go - upto 5000 points a week (200pts for the first 20txts sent weekly - none after that. Plus 1000 points just for sending. If you have no submissions, you can also just txt to say that and still get 500 pts).
Petrol Panel - 2500 points per month for all petrol submissions.

Daily clicks - EagerLearner's thread - PM and ask for her guide. Although clicks take time to add up it's worth it in the end if you have the time to spare.

Mystery shopping - Get paid to be a mystery shopper!

Up your income board - full of great ideas!

Sealed Pot Challenge 2011 - basically you put your change into a jar over the year so in December you should have a nice pot of money to help

Mobile phone to recycle?
try Martin's mobile recycling comparison site first to see where you may get the best deal!

Music Magpie - have cds/dvds you haven't been able to sell at carboots or online. Try your luck here. Is you do sell your albums/dvds be sure to go via quidco to get a few more pennies

etsy and folksy - If you enjoy making crafts why not have a go at selling them on etsy or folksy. They've been getting increasingly busier each year.

Collect Boots points while shopping online - Treat Street (this is currently the only site where you can collect points for Asos.com)

Don't forget to search for your online shop at nectar.com before you buy, and earn nectar points for buying online, including ebay.

Use vouchers to save on your shopping!

Everyone is welcome - just post your target, update your signature and get going. If you have any questions just ask here and someone will help.

Challenge starts August 1st - £10 a day this month will be £310.

Good luck all.

Comments

• Monkeynut
    Monkeynut Posts: 2,116 Forumite
    Options
    Im in for my usual £10 a day please :)

Oooh, check me out being the first this month!! :D
    Half of November Make £10 a Day Challenge: £51/ £170
  • aprilshower
    aprilshower Posts: 489 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

Can I join again please it gives me the kick up the backside I need and keeps me on the right path.

Aprilshower
  • Heamol
    Heamol Posts: 276 Forumite
    Options
    I'd like to join for £10 a day this month, after doing £5 last month and finding it worked really well- I want to really try hard in August to make over £300! I won't start until the 1st though.

Thanks Sweetpeas for starting the thread!
    :) Optima semper libera sunt :)

• ms_night_ryder
    ms_night_ryder Posts: 3,029 Forumite
    edited 27 July 2011 at 11:06PM
    Options
    Thanks for starting the thread! pop me down for 5 a day, hope to exceed this though!

Also just to add, if i exceed over 5.00 a day, the additional will be going towards 2 tickets to florida, want to take my grandma to florida next year to see her sis, so i WILL be motivated and not slack!
    Lose 28lb 3/28lb
    SPC Member 1522/2012-£264/ new pot 2013
  • lellybun
    lellybun Posts: 421 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Thanks Sweetpeas for starting this! Please put me down for £10 a day again, thanks muchly!
    2023 Weekly Cash Envelope Savings Challenge #04

2024 Weekly Cash Envelope Savings Challenge #03
  • princesst84
    princesst84 Posts: 641 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Im in again, along with this challenge and generally watching my cash more carefully i have nearly paid of my virgin CC!!!:j CC2 better watch out cos Im after you next :D

Gonna aim high and go for £10 a day for me please, even if i dont make it i will have a good go. Starts today for me as im running with my pay dates xx
  • MattSS
    MattSS Posts: 161 Forumite
    Options
    Last month was my first month and this challenge is a real motivator. I'm tweaking the rules I used last month as I was including money saved shopping (things like BOGOF deals) but this doesn't seem enough like money earnt because I've always gones for BOGOFs etc.

So, £10 a day and that will be additional cash in my pocket

Thanks sweetpeas
    "He hopes and he wished it but it didn’t fall in his lap so he ain’t even here"
  • Magi74
    Magi74 Posts: 77 Forumite
    Options
    Getting in to the swing of things, so I'm going to aim for £3 a day. Aim small to start off with and be happy when you beat it! :)
  • LianeB
    LianeB Posts: 77 Forumite
    Options
    Magi74 wrote: »
    Getting in to the swing of things, so I'm going to aim for £3 a day. Aim small to start off with and be happy when you beat it! :)

Me too - newbie so might make a few mistakes - looking for lots of help

Thanks
  • AlyBaly
    AlyBaly Posts: 288 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Joining again please £5 a day
    January

LBM May 2008 :eek: Debt Free January 2012 :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories