400 bad request

Options
DCFC79
DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
edited 3 June 2011 at 4:25PM in Site feedback
Ive received this error a few times over the past few days, it only appears when viewing the forums

also when i make a reply to a thread i sometimes get this reply
Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

Comments

• Former_MSE_Ian
    Options
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

If you clear your cookies, or delete the cookies dropped by forums.moneysavingexpert.com, this problem will go away. Hope that helps.

Ian
  • Meepster
    Meepster Posts: 5,955 Forumite
    edited 3 June 2011 at 11:50AM
    Options
    I'm getting this problem too, but only when I try to post a reply on a thread which includes a quote from someone else.

(Just discovered it's happening on normal replies too, just taken me 11 attempts to post this)

Cookies have been cleared and still getting the same problem :(

Also, is it just me, or is the whole of MSE running slow? It's taking a minute or so for each page to load up!
    If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands

• DCFC79
    Options
    MSE_Ian wrote: »
    If you clear your cookies, or delete the cookies dropped by forums.moneysavingexpert.com, this problem will go away. Hope that helps.

Ian

will do,

thanks
  • free4440273
    free4440273 Posts: 38,438 Forumite
    Options
    Also, is it just me, or is the whole of MSE running slow? It's taking a minute or so for each page to load up!

^^no issues with speed here ! using opera 11 and FF/
    BLOODBATH IN THE EVENING THEN? :shocked: OR PERHAPS THE AFTERNOON? OR THE MORNING? OH, FORGET THIS MALARKEY!

THE KILLERS :cool:

THE PUNISHER :dance: MATURE CHEDDAR ADDICT:cool:
  • Meepster
    Options
    Must just be me then :( Every other site is working as normal, just here giving me grief...
    If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands

• Former_MSE_Ian
    Options
    Meepster wrote: »
    Must just be me then :( Every other site is working as normal, just here giving me grief...

Please could you PM me and let me know which pages you are browsing that are running slow, which browser you are using, and who your ISP is? That would be extremely helpful. Thanks.

Ian
  • free4440273
    free4440273 Posts: 38,438 Forumite
    Options
    Meepster wrote: »

not necessarily meeps/ someone on techie said the same using FF/ i use both FF and Opera 11 and can report no issues with speed here -- although the awesome Opera is faster - for me !
    BLOODBATH IN THE EVENING THEN? :shocked: OR PERHAPS THE AFTERNOON? OR THE MORNING? OH, FORGET THIS MALARKEY!

THE KILLERS :cool:

THE PUNISHER :dance: MATURE CHEDDAR ADDICT:cool:
  • Meepster
    Options
    MSE Ian - just sent what you requested. Took me 7 attempts though, kept getting 400 bad request lol

• Former_MSE_Ian
    Options
    For those concerned. Virgin Media has been experiencing intermittent routing problems today. This means the data traveling between you and us may not necessarily be traveling via the quickest route. It may even end up being sent down a dead end. Resulting in some data going missing and causing errors.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Fibre-optic-broadband-cable/Routing-Issue/td-p/528533/highlight/true

Ian
  • DCFC79
    Options
    Thanks for that ian, thought maybe i was the only 1
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income