Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    raphaelangelo
    Selling cakes made in a domestic kitchen - legal or not?
    • 7th May 11, 9:55 AM
    Selling cakes made in a domestic kitchen - legal or not? 7th May 11 at 9:55 AM
    A dog rescue I'm involved in are running a fundraising stall at a show soon. Someone's suggested that they bake cakes for it but the Boss-man is concerned that cooking for sale at such an event needs to be carried out in an "approved" kitchen.

I must admit I did too then I started wondering... so what about all those mums who bake and contribute a cake for the school fete or church bazaar? Surely they don't all have H&S inspected, approved kitchens?

Can anyone advise on the legality of selling cakes at a fete that were made in the normal family kitchen please? We're enthusiastic and desperate to raise funds for the rescue but don't want to land them in the mire!

Thank you.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

323Posts Today

5,193Users online

Martin's Twitter