Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

How long do chilli seeds take to germinate?!
    • 9th Mar 11, 12:10 PM
    How long do chilli seeds take to germinate?! 9th Mar 11 at 12:10 PM

Just after a bit of advice...

We planted some seeds back on 14th Feb and I was just wondering how long to leave them before I give up hope of seedlings. We followed the instructions on the packet. We planted mid-feb, we've kept them covered and moist and have kept them indoors on a shelf near radiator. I've left a thermometer with them and it seems to have been generally between 15-18 degrees.

It said on the pack that they should start to appear in 7-14 days and we're now over 3 weeks and there's still no sign.

I'm a new to growing my own and I'm not sure if there's anything more we can do or if it's just a case of being a patient a wee while longer.

We do live in the north, not sure if that'll have much bearing on things with them being kept indoors!

tink x
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

870Posts Today

5,757Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Back to the Arndale centre from 1 o'clock today for more of @itvMLshow roadshow - do come along, say hi, ask a question, join a cashmob...

• 25m byron burger voucher ends in seconds

• It's official (by me) Manchester has a far better crisp selection than London & cheaper. Just refound tomato snaps & salt n vinegar twists!

• Follow Martin