Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    toskdc
    Can I use my mobile credit to buy things?
    • 8th Mar 11, 12:39 PM
    Can I use my mobile credit to buy things? 8th Mar 11 at 12:39 PM
    Every month I pay £10 into my top-up account. For that, I get a bunch of free texts and calls. So every month I have a load of money that I don't use sitting in my phone fund. I was just wondering if there was a website where I could buy things using my phone's call credit. Save me either stacking up cash or letting my free texts go to waste.I mean things like dvds or cds. Physical things rather than ringtones and screensavers

Any help?
Page 1
    • grumbler
    • By grumbler 8th Mar 11, 12:53 PM
    • 50,949 Posts
    • 21,494 Thanks
    grumbler
    • 8th Mar 11, 12:53 PM
    • 8th Mar 11, 12:53 PM
    You can use it to place bets: http://betnow.co.uk/
    Some bets will lose, some win. Use shorter odds to make winnings smaller, but more likely. If you win, the return (including your stake paid by a text) is real withdrawable cash.
    Learn Matched Betting (See GIOL board) if you want to lock into about 80% guaranteed return each time you place a bet.
    Last edited by grumbler; 08-03-2011 at 12:55 PM.
    We are born naked, wet and hungry...Then things get worse.

.withdrawal, NOT withdrawel ..bear with me, NOT bare with me
    .definitely, NOT definately ......separate, NOT seperate
    should have, NOT should of
    .....guaranteed, NOT guarenteed
    • Stuart_W
    • By Stuart_W 8th Mar 11, 6:04 PM
    • 1,313 Posts
    • 620 Thanks
    Stuart_W
    • 8th Mar 11, 6:04 PM
    • 8th Mar 11, 6:04 PM
    Try this -

www.onebip.com

Turns it into cash (about a 40% reduction due to fees/charges) but still, it's cash.

another option, if applicable, is see if your network will offer to transfer the credit to a pay monthly account if you offer to go to a SIMonly pay monthly tariff - might mean your credit can pay for the next year of calls and texts - then move back to PAYG when credit is used up.
    Last edited by Stuart_W; 08-03-2011 at 6:08 PM.
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 8th Mar 11, 11:32 PM
    • 6,948 Posts
    • 2,130 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    • 8th Mar 11, 11:32 PM
    • 8th Mar 11, 11:32 PM
    Try this -

www.onebip.com

Turns it into cash (about a 40% reduction due to fees/charges) but still, it's cash.

another option, if applicable, is see if your network will offer to transfer the credit to a pay monthly account if you offer to go to a SIMonly pay monthly tariff - might mean your credit can pay for the next year of calls and texts - then move back to PAYG when credit is used up.
    Originally posted by Stuart_W
    Having read that before recently I called onebip; according to them, they don't!
    • KEM
    • By KEM 9th Mar 11, 8:55 AM
    • 199 Posts
    • 37 Thanks
    KEM
    • 9th Mar 11, 8:55 AM
    • 9th Mar 11, 8:55 AM
    Why don't you just not top up for a few months and use your accumulated balance to pay for texts and calls?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

788Posts Today

5,743Users online

Martin's Twitter