IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to

  • Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

    Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

  • No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Tax Advice for Older People
Closed Thread
Views: 1,800
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
# 1
Old 01-05-2004, 3:43 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 6,871
Default Tax Advice for Older People

Everyone must ring the TOP helpline 0845 601 3321 to make an appointment.

Not every Age Concern centre runs the one-to-one tax advice sessions. A telephone helpline service operates from the same number.

The service is for older people on modest incomes, that is, not more than 15,000 per annum.

Free tax advice for younger people on modest incomes is available from Taxaid. For advice or an appointment, call the Taxaid Helpline on 020 7803 4959 between 1000 BST and 1200 BST, Mondays to Thursdays.

This is from the BBC Moneybox website (link above)where there are also links to

TOP (Tax Help for Older People)
Click here for the list of TOP venues
Low Incomes Tax Reform Group
Age Concern

Ted_Hutchinson is offline
Report Post
# 2
Old 01-05-2004, 6:40 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Lincolnshire
Posts: 10,992
Default Re: Tax Advice for Older People

Ted - You are a great source of websites! I'm sure lots of people find your links useful
Fran is offline
Report Post
# 3
Paul Varjak
Old 16-07-2004, 9:09 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,275
Default Re: Tax Advice for Older People

Very useful Ted!

And this posting means I have just became a REGULAR MONEY SAVER!
Paul Varjak is offline
Report Post
The Following User Says Thank You to Paul Varjak For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 4
Old 13-10-2004, 1:35 AM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Gloucestershire via Wales
Posts: 2,274
Default Re: Tax Advice for Older People

Don't sell yourself short. EVER SO REGULAR MONEY SAVER....................Wooooooooooooooooo!
djohn2002uk is offline
Report Post
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

 Forum Jump  

Contact Us - - Archive - Privacy Statement - Top

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:42 PM.

 Forum Jump  

Free MoneySaving Email

Top deals: Week of 15 April 2015

Get all this & more in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email full of guides, vouchers and Deals

GET THIS FREE WEEKLY EMAIL Full of deals, guides & it's spam free

Latest News & Blogs

Martin's Twitter Feed

  • Would you buy shares in a Lloyds Bank sell off - or do you object to it? PLEASE VOTE...
  • To those reply to my Wonga profits cut tweet with "what about the 325 job losses" - see my full response here...
  • Wonga announces losses of £37m. So sorry to hear that! Happy to lend you some cash if you need it. Shall we say 5000%?

Cheap Travel Money

Find the best online rate for holiday cash with MSE's TravelMoneyMax.

Find the best online rate for your holiday cash with MoneySavingExpert's TravelMoneyMax.

MSE's Twitter Feed