Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    rachelandgromit
    What Boiler do I have? Pay monthly plans or new boiler? HELP
    • 7th Nov 10, 5:53 PM
    What Boiler do I have? Pay monthly plans or new boiler? HELP 7th Nov 10 at 5:53 PM
    Hi, sorry lots of questions. Firstly, I am getting ready to move into my bungalow soon hopefully although I bought it 4 years ago (don't ask)! I know the boiler was the original one in there from when it was built in 1991. It is a Glow-worm boiler and heats the hot water/radiators. In the airing cupboard downstairs I have a hot water tank/immersion heater that works (and I want to keep). Up the loft of the bungalow there is a header tank and another plastic tank. Now I've not had the boiler serviced but over the past 4 years everything has been working fine, heating/hot water. I've noticed that recently the hot water hasn't been getting hot by using the boiler, although it works fine when using the immersion heater so I think there are some problems somewhere. My options were to sign up to one of those plans however I am confused to whether my boiler will be covered as it is so old. Alternatively, do I just get it serviced or go the whole hog and get a new boiler that may be more economical for me and how much would it be for a new boiler/installation. Any help apprechiated.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

261Posts Today

1,363Users online

Martin's Twitter