Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    deanos
    Wash your uniform at home ? then claim your tax allowance !
    • 10th Feb 05, 11:22 PM
    Wash your uniform at home ? then claim your tax allowance ! 10th Feb 05 at 11:22 PM
    Jan 2014 update

Forumite AllSpent has had a 100 rebate this month plus an adjusted tax allowance. Read the Full MSE Guide for the latest info on getting a free Uniform Tax Rebate or read about others' successful claims and questions below

----------------------

EDIT : Tax allowance now 60 to 140 per year from April 2008

See list of what you can claim here > http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/eimanual/eim32712.htm it is not limited to those listed but that is a guide and customs will choose the most suitable catogory based on your job

Wash your uniform at home ?

Then write to your tax office and tell them, i got a extra tax allowance and it is backdated 4 years (+current year) which its better than nothing and better in your pocket

It only costs the price of a stamp so worth a try !

All you need to do is fill in the blanks and send it to your work's tax office.(thanks to max2002ad)

--------------------------------------------------------------

Your Name
    Your Address
    National Insurance Number
    Date

Inland Revenue
    Tax Office Address
    Details available from
    Your employer/pay roll dept
    …………
    Postcode.

Dear Inland Revenue

RE: Expenses Allowance

I have been employed at Company Name, Location since (Date of Starting at Employment). I am obliged to launder the uniform, which is supplied to me by the company. I therefore wish to claim an expenses allowance of xx for each year since the above date.

Yours Faithfully

Your Name
    Your Tax code

--------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/employers-bul...in27/freas.htm
    Last edited by deanos; 03-03-2014 at 7:12 PM.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

56Posts Today

3,725Users online

Martin's Twitter