Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • savvy
    • By savvy 29th Sep 10, 11:17 PM
    • 29,677Posts
    • 45,215Thanks
    savvy
    Making cards - Ideas (part 5)
    • 29th Sep 10, 11:17 PM
    Making cards - Ideas (part 5) 29th Sep 10 at 11:17 PM
    Welcome to the Card Craft thread where there are many members who are new to card making as well as the more experienced members who love helping others out on their path to making cards. If you are new to this craft please do post and somebody will be along with some advice for you

Please note this thread is now a continuation of an original thread on making cards - Part 1, the second thread - Part 2 , the third thread - Part 3, and the fourth thread here - Part 4, it may be a good idea to look these first for advice or ideas.
    Last edited by savvy; 29-09-2010 at 11:20 PM.
Page 239
  • pointofnoreturn
    Thanks for the link have already printed off some of them,gorgeous ,my daughter loves Cath Kidson.
    Originally posted by artydoll
    They are lovely aren't they - really nice quality also so very usable!!!! Glad you found the link useful.
    The E-mail of the species is more deadly than the mail.
  • pointofnoreturn
    Afternoon ladies hope you're all keeping warm! I'm bloomin' freezing, just hope I'm not coming down with something. I've spent the morning sorting out my wardrobe - 2 huge binliners full and I can finally get everything in there, have marked the calendar to do it again in 3 months and anything that's winter/spring wear that hasn't been worn is going to! My prize from Simon Says Stamp arrived this morning and I've got some gorgeous Websters Pages and Prima pads that I'm itching to use, but before I can do that I've got a DT card to do that really isn't my thing (if you check my blog on Friday you'll see what I mean!!).

Just a quick heads up for those of you who like Sweet Pea Stamps but don't own any, Lynette is giving some lucky person the chance to win a grab bag here. You can also win some here regardless of wether you own any or not.

Craftygranny - hope your DIL is OK

Marg - glad your able to be heads up for a bit longer

Hugs to all xx
    Originally posted by wanna-b-rich
    I'm feeling cold as well and earlier didn't feel 100%, couldn't work out if it was because I'd got cold or if I was coming down with something!

Decided to go and make a card as I had not felt like doing much at all earlier and I feel abit better for it. I've made a few cards this week and can't show them as the people they are for might see them on my blog!!! I made one using the birdcage you sent me and I love it - I think it is one of my best cards ever!!! I might take a chance and blog that one this week! It's for my brother's wedding anniversary which isn't until the end of April but I just couldn't wait to try out a birdcage card!!!!
    • Georgiegirl2012
    • By Georgiegirl2012 29th Jan 11, 8:40 PM
    • 538 Posts
    • 6,246 Thanks
    Georgiegirl2012
    made my first easel card the other day which some of you may have seen in the bloggy place. Now trying to make my first card with a dangly bit in the middle. I'm sure it's got an official name but I don't know what it is.

Chatting to a friend later and she pointed me in the direction of http://www.countryviewcrafts.co.uk/nestabilities--mega-nestabilities-110-c.asp for sizzix dies which are cheaper than RRP and have free P&P. Also got lots of other stuff including nestabilities.
  • pointofnoreturn
    made my first easel card the other day which some of you may have seen in the bloggy place. Now trying to make my first card with a dangly bit in the middle. I'm sure it's got an official name but I don't know what it is.

Chatting to a friend later and she pointed me in the direction of http://www.countryviewcrafts.co.uk/nestabilities--mega-nestabilities-110-c.asp for sizzix dies which are cheaper than RRP and have free P&P. Also got lots of other stuff including nestabilities.
    Originally posted by Georgiegirl2012
    Yes Countryview are good, I think alot of people here would recommend them as well.
    • rainmac
    • By rainmac 29th Jan 11, 10:05 PM
    • 7,058 Posts
    • 57,284 Thanks
    rainmac
    Flourgirl, postie has been today, thank you. Great news about the wedding, you'll need to make an extra special card

Louby, fab news about your niece xxx

Padster, housework addiction I need some of your love for housework cos I hate it with a passion, can you give me some tips please

We've had a busy day today, football, play centres and trainer shopping for the monkeys, £66 for 2 pairs from Clarks
    If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain
  • Soma
    PONR thanks for the Cath Kidston paper link - now I have papers to match my Tesco bags
    • lizalloareds
    • By lizalloareds 29th Jan 11, 10:34 PM
    • 1,807 Posts
    • 17,414 Thanks
    lizalloareds
    Thanks Marg, team got beaten 4-1 having a glass of wine to drown my sorrows
  • cardpaperscissors
    Hi there, am back in cyberspace after having a tooth out yesterday. Had to have it done at hospital due to me being on various medications but just as an outpatient so nothing too dramatic. Afraid I'm a big wimp where the dentist is concerned so I'm really glad it's behind me now. Hope to catch up on posts and read blogs over the rest of weekend. I went to the Range today and got one or two things including one of the new XCut Multi Shaper Punches - the Waterlily one. It's a good tool I think but I'm finding it a bit difficult to punch with. However, that's down to my hands rather than any failing with the punch. I shall persevere and if not my DH will have to take over punching duty. Hope your weekend's going well so far.
  • RustyFlange
    Morning all, am I still allowed in here? been AWOL for so long again!! just not had the time and caught the childrens lergy, then OH was home so celebrating his birthday before he headed offshore in the middle of the sea!

Have been reading but not posting but I am afraid I can't remember anything now!! GrR!

Does anyone watch the weakest link?? If so then look out tomorrow night, there is a tall blonde called Helen, and that is my MIL she went back in december to record it, but is sworn to secrecy on how she got on!

I am in desperate need of a big craft clearout, but the thought just scares me doing it on my own so hoping OH will help me at some point!

Hope everyone is ok?
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
    • Georgiegirl2012
    • By Georgiegirl2012 30th Jan 11, 11:14 AM
    • 538 Posts
    • 6,246 Thanks
    Georgiegirl2012
    Having a wander round blog land and came across this
    http://www.meljensdesigns.com/freebies.html

Enjoy
    xxx
  • pointofnoreturn
    Having a wander round blog land and came across this
    http://www.meljensdesigns.com/freebies.html

Enjoy
    xxx
    Here's a great site that you might find useful, they collect all the freebies for that day and post about them so if you become a follower you will get to know where the freebies are. It's a really good resource so worth either bookmarking or becoming a follower.
    Last edited by pointofnoreturn; 30-01-2011 at 2:01 PM.
    • rainmac
    • By rainmac 30th Jan 11, 11:42 AM
    • 7,058 Posts
    • 57,284 Thanks
    rainmac
    Rusty, I hope you're not really asking if you are allowed here Will try and remember to sky+ The Weakest Link so I can look out for her, hope Anne R wasn't too scary . I won a quiz on Friday night held at a local primary school. The questions were so hard we guessed at loads so goodness knows how we won but we did

CPS, ouch a tooth out, hope you're ok. My mum needs a tooth taken out as she has had an infection in her jaw. She is super terrified of the dentist so is going to go private and have it taken out in hospital where they will put her out for a few minutes whilst they do it.

Georgiegirl, Meljens images are my fave digis I think, they are so beautifully drawn

Having a day at home catching up with ironing - yawn, cleaning - more yawns...

Hope everyone's ok xxx
    • Marg
    • By Marg 30th Jan 11, 1:03 PM
    • 2,173 Posts
    • 25,241 Thanks
    Marg
    Liz - sorry your team lost - hope the wine helped!

CPS - hope you are healing well & keep up the mouthwashes.

Rusty - don't usually watch Weakest (AR irritates me!!) but will watch tomorrow or record it. Still need to text you for some info.

Rainmac - knock out meds definitely the way to go for any procedure - hope your Mum gets on ok and heals well. I'm back to light household tasks after failing to get DH to do the kitchen floor - he bought me a new mop instead! Now going to tackle the mountain of ironing at least it's a head down job Then might try a bit of colouring.
    • Georgiegirl2012
    • By Georgiegirl2012 30th Jan 11, 1:23 PM
    • 538 Posts
    • 6,246 Thanks
    Georgiegirl2012
    Here's a great site that you might find useful, they collect all the freebies for that day and post about them so if you become a follower you will get to know where the freebies are. It's a really good resource so worth either bookmarking or becoming a follower.
    Originally posted by pointofnoreturn
    Ta, but one question - am I being stupid or should there be a clickable link? I suppose officially that could be two questions, and I'd rather you didn't answer the bit about me being stupid
    • rainmac
    • By rainmac 30th Jan 11, 1:29 PM
    • 7,058 Posts
    • 57,284 Thanks
    rainmac
    Ta, but one question - am I being stupid or should there be a clickable link? I suppose officially that could be two questions, and I'd rather you didn't answer the bit about me being stupid
    Nope you're definitely not stupid (oops you said not to answer that one!), there's no link
    • rainmac
    • By rainmac 30th Jan 11, 1:34 PM
    • 7,058 Posts
    • 57,284 Thanks
    rainmac
    Rainmac - knock out meds definitely the way to go for any procedure - hope your Mum gets on ok and heals well. I'm back to light household tasks after failing to get DH to do the kitchen floor - he bought me a new mop instead! Now going to tackle the mountain of ironing at least it's a head down job Then might try a bit of colouring.
    Originally posted by Marg
    He got you a new mop Hope you wrap it round his head Marg but saying that us ladies know that we can't reply on our menfolk to clean properly, maybe they do a shoddy job on purpose so we don't ask again... Glad you are feeling up to doing a bit more, colourng is definitely head down work but please don't overdo it

Cuppa to make and then on with the ironing
  • pointofnoreturn
    Hiya - nope you're not stupid, I forgot to include the link!!! I'm moulding fimo at the same time so not paying attention!!! Sorry about that link now there!!!!!
  • mary-op
    Hello all..............hope you're ok

Been card making...........only six over last several days and I've got plans for one for little grandson using some freebie fabric with a teddy on it. Need bigger card that I've got and gggrrrrrrrr I ordered some scrapbook paper a while back and put it in a drawer.........I can almost see myself doing it. Well, can I find it ? No way........... I know it's there.........it has to be. Get so mad with myself at times like this. Does this happen to you lot ?
    Oh well, the more I look the less I'll see so I'll try again tomorrow while OH is at fracture clinic hoping for the all clear on his pelvic fracture. He's walking without a stick now, just into town and back so feels he's doing ok.
    I've got my bone scan on Tuesday so ''knickers inside out'' might help..............you never know.
    Right............back to sorting out cards I've made as to who's having which one then I can be ever so organised and put them in my index box in monthly order...............lol
    I would be unstoppable if only I could get started !

(previously known as mary43)
    • Georgiegirl2012
    • By Georgiegirl2012 30th Jan 11, 2:49 PM
    • 538 Posts
    • 6,246 Thanks
    Georgiegirl2012
    Hiya - nope you're not stupid, I forgot to include the link!!! I'm moulding fimo at the same time so not paying attention!!! Sorry about that link now there!!!!!
    Originally posted by pointofnoreturn
    Ta muchly - I have been to that blog before and thought I was following it, obviously not.

I can't remember who it was who made that fab card with the granny on the bike, and I can't remember if it was her who wanted to know where she got the image - but I've just found it.

http://beccysplace.blogspot.com/2010/09/nell-on-bicycle.html

Who needs to clean when there is so much enjoyment to be had webwandering
    • TomsMom
    • By TomsMom 30th Jan 11, 3:35 PM
    • 4,706 Posts
    • 13,045 Thanks
    TomsMom
    HI everyone. Just flying in as I'm doggie sitting for DS today and it's a bit manic. I've managed to put pics of my birthday cards on my little place on the net for anyone interested.

Marg Agree with Rainmac, a new mop . If that was my DH I'd tell him to insert it in a certain orifice and mop the floor while he was cleaning the kitchen worktops .

I haven't made a card for weeks and have a few family birthdays coming up. Can anyone point me in the direction of a Spongebob image for my 8 year old DGS and a Me to You bear image for my DD, I thought I had some Me to You ones but I'm darned if I can find them.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

105Posts Today

1,987Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin