Making cards - Ideas (part 5)

Options

Comments

• artydoll
    artydoll Posts: 2,084 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Cograts,OAP .
    It seems to be colder today,a really cold wind blowing as well which is keeping the temperature down.
    My son ,came over this morning with a bag of road grit,from one of the council bins they fill up on the side of the road,and he salted both our front and back steps,great job,makes getting the bins out easier ,and filling up the bird table.
    Just posted pics of a little waterfall card I finished yesterday.
    dont know what cards to make at the mo,finished all my Christmas cards ,and am running out of blank cards.Need to buy some more when I can get to the shops.
    Hope your all keeping well and keeping yourselves warm,
    hugs to all
    xxx
    Earnings £245 in 2014:T thanks to swagbucks
  • OAP1945
    OAP1945 Posts: 514 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Wow I won:j:j thankyou little lady for pulling my name out of the hat and Flourgirl don't go out specially there is no rush.

I will get back later with the next challenge details once I think of something fiendishly clever or maybe nice and easy:rotfl:
    I won I won I won ................
  • lizalloareds
    lizalloareds Posts: 1,838 Forumite
    Options
    Congrats OAP

just had some bad news hubby has got a letter to say they are getting Laid off from work from today will find out more on sunday
    September GC 30th aug-4th Oct £332.74/£375 NSD 3
    Gc Jan £234.85/200 :(Feb £298.92/280:(March £298.42/£280:( April £270.49/280:) May Gc £351.08/£350 June £300.06/280 July £256.15/£240
    Aug £318.74/£280
  • OAP1945
    OAP1945 Posts: 514 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    O no Liz sorry to hear that, if I remenber correctly he is in construction, is it just the weather thats the problem or something more long term? Hugs to you both
  • lizalloareds
    lizalloareds Posts: 1,838 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks OAP think it is the weather but then that might lead to other probs ie losing contracts etc will just have to wait and see
    September GC 30th aug-4th Oct £332.74/£375 NSD 3
    Gc Jan £234.85/200 :(Feb £298.92/280:(March £298.42/£280:( April £270.49/280:) May Gc £351.08/£350 June £300.06/280 July £256.15/£240
    Aug £318.74/£280
  • PepPop
    PepPop Posts: 1,790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Congrats OAP

just had some bad news hubby has got a letter to say they are getting Laid off from work from today will find out more on sunday

Aw Liz I'm sorry to hear that. That's such a shame. Hope everything works out ok for him and he gets something else soon. Hugs.
  • Addams
    Addams Posts: 881 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Well done rainmac on your win.

Paddington - Glad your oh got home ok last night

Cg - Glad your mums home. Hope she starts to take it a bit easier

Well done OAP

Liz - Sorry about your Oh's job. Hope it improves for him soon

No more snow for us and generally the main roads are all clear. The forecast is for more, but hopefully not yet!
    May - £251.63/£155, June - £108.69/£150, July - £157.45/£155, Aug - £104.28/£155
    Sept - £110.80/£150, Make £5 a day in Oct challenge = £50.50/£155
  • thriftyscotslass
    Options
    Liz - I am so sorry to hear your news (((hugs))). It is so bad at the moment, and affecting so many people, I daren't breathe when I think of hubbies job esp as he is the only breadwinner now but so far so good.

OAP - congratulations, congratulations :T:T. What a very grown-up young lady who made the draw:A

Mad-frog - thank you for your card, really gorgeous

Stay warm and safe everyone - I've got the heating on but from the floor up to my knees it's perishing :rotfl:. Have stayed in today as found out dd has nicked my Timberland boots - oh they are the absolute best for this type of weather. Hmmnnn we are at the age where what's hers is hers and what's mine is hers :eek:. Still must have some good taste left if a 15 year-old wants to wear it :rotfl:

Eta - CG - so glad your Mum is home
  • Marg
    Marg Posts: 2,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    CGC - pleased to hear your Mum is home & dealing with the odd phone calls must be better than the fear you had before the operation. Hugs for her speedy recovery.

Liz - what a pity your DH has been laid off - I do hope it's only temporary & things rapidly get back to normal up there.

OAP - congratulations on your win - please be gentle with us!

Flourgirl - what a pretty granddaughter - I love the colour of her hair. x

It's been snowing here this afternoon so I guess there wont be many places without it now. We've had to abandon our shopping trip but it wasn't for anything we NEED - to be honest don't think DH wanted to go anyway :rotfl:
  • paddingtondoo
    Options
    Well done OAP! Dread to think what the next challenge will be :o

Your GD is very cute and what a tidy house you have :)
    Awful news Liz - hopefully things will pick up and warm up shortly!

Hows about this one from work:
    Email at 14:20 from the Chief Exec - offices will be closing today at 3 and staff are asked to travel in for 10 tomorrow if safe to do so.

Email at 14:32 from my line manager - this doesn't apply to the contact centre staff it will be closing at 4:30 today and reopening at 8 tomorrow :eek::eek:

Email at 14:45 from my line manager - if you wish to contact head of service her mobile no is ................
    Is that because she was going home at 3????
    I will be coming down my stairs to my desk at the usual time tomorrow as I'm not physically due in till Friday although with that attitude don't think I shall be bothering :p
    Officially a non-smoker but still rounder than recommended :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport