Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Jamsi
    • By Jamsi 19th Sep 06, 2:34 PM
    • 107Posts
    • 191Thanks
    Jamsi
    0 WOW
    Infinity dress (Free pattern)
    • 19th Sep 06, 2:34 PM
    0 WOW
    Infinity dress (Free pattern) 19th Sep 06 at 2:34 PM
    This dress sells for £80 on the shopping channel here is a free pattern so you can make your own Infinte dress.
    Can be worn many different ways!

http://rowena.typepad.com/rostitchery/infinity-dress.html

MSE UPDATE MAY 08 - This note has been added to the above website: PLEASE NOTE: the instructions for making this dress are available for free but are not to be used for commercial purposes. please do not sell dresses made using these instructions, and do not make copies of the instructions without asking my permission first. thank you!

This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 05-02-2016 at 12:36 PM.
Page 1
  • dizzymuppet
    • 19th Sep 06, 2:54 PM
    • 19th Sep 06, 2:54 PM
    thanks for that one!!
  • boysmum3
    • 19th Sep 06, 3:01 PM
    • 19th Sep 06, 3:01 PM
    great post - thanks
    • KatieKins
    • By KatieKins 19th Sep 06, 3:21 PM
    • 430 Posts
    • 365 Thanks
    KatieKins
    • 19th Sep 06, 3:21 PM
    • 19th Sep 06, 3:21 PM
    This is fab!
    • calleyw
    • By calleyw 19th Sep 06, 9:19 PM
    • 8,158 Posts
    • 14,003 Thanks
    calleyw
    • 19th Sep 06, 9:19 PM
    • 19th Sep 06, 9:19 PM
    Brill shame I can't sew

As a couple of those in different fabrics would be great to add to my wardrobe even I don't go out very often

Yours

Calley
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
    • arkonite_babe
    • By arkonite_babe 19th Sep 06, 10:17 PM
    • 7,256 Posts
    • 8,306 Thanks
    arkonite_babe
    • 19th Sep 06, 10:17 PM
    • 19th Sep 06, 10:17 PM
    Brill shame I can't sew
    by calleyw
    Glad I'm not the only one
  • mr.blonde
    • 20th Sep 06, 3:50 PM
    • 20th Sep 06, 3:50 PM
    Brill shame I can't sew

As a couple of those in different fabrics would be great to add to my wardrobe even I don't go out very often

Yours

Calley
    by calleyw

You could try some of that "Sew Simple" by Bostik, about £3-4 in Asda. I've made cushion covers, curtains, vest tops and a handbag, all without sewing a single stitch. Also fab when a seam comes down or for repairing tears in fabric.
  • Ape_grrl
    • 28th Sep 06, 6:35 PM
    • 28th Sep 06, 6:35 PM
    You could try some of that "Sew Simple" by Bostik, about £3-4 in Asda. I've made cushion covers, curtains, vest tops and a handbag, all without sewing a single stitch. Also fab when a seam comes down or for repairing tears in fabric.
    by mr.blonde
    Does that work with the recommended jersey/knit fabric?
    • Middlestitch
    • By Middlestitch 28th Sep 06, 7:22 PM
    • 1,243 Posts
    • 2,327 Thanks
    Middlestitch
    • 28th Sep 06, 7:22 PM
    • 28th Sep 06, 7:22 PM
    Not for long, in my experience!
  • Rallya
    by mr.blonde
    Hmm not too sure I'd be happy about using this on a whole dress, it only has to fail while youre out and everyone gets a look at you in your birthday suit
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no: 126

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions...
  • tamirra
    My mum will love this one, handy for taking on hols as everyone will think you have a new dress on every eve you go out. Thanks.
    • lynnemcf
    • By lynnemcf 26th Mar 08, 8:24 PM
    • 1,215 Posts
    • 992 Thanks
    lynnemcf
    Originally posted by mr.blonde
    Does anyone know where I can buy Sew Simple? My local ASDA denies all knowledge of it, and its £3.99 plus hefty postage on ebay.

Whoops, answered my own question ... WHSmith sell it online and instore
    Last edited by lynnemcf; 26-03-2008 at 8:44 PM.
  • sleepyglowstar
    Originally posted by mr.blonde
    is this the same as wundaweb? it doesn't stick for long... its rubbish actually... i work in a haberdashery and have used it several time, and i hate selling it because it doesn't stick. i would not reccommend using it on clothes....
    • lynnemcf
    • By lynnemcf 27th Mar 08, 9:43 AM
    • 1,215 Posts
    • 992 Thanks
    lynnemcf
    is this the same as wundaweb? it doesn't stick for long... its rubbish actually... i work in a haberdashery and have used it several time, and i hate selling it because it doesn't stick. i would not reccommend using it on clothes....
    Originally posted by sleepyglowstar
    Sew Simple is a runny latex glue, it sticks really well on cotton and cotton mixes. I did a repair on a shirt and its still holding firm after a year of washing and wearing and ironing.
  • punkrock06
    thanks 4 dat link de site has loads of really good ideas im going t try t take up sewing after cn dat dress
  • mountainchrisriver
    thanks 4 dat link de site has loads of really good ideas im going t try t take up sewing after cn dat dress
    Originally posted by punkrock06
    You what?... :confused: :rolleyes:
    • raven-333
    • By raven-333 19th Jul 08, 3:45 PM
    • 2,063 Posts
    • 5,437 Thanks
    raven-333
    thank you will be giving this a try
  • punkrock06
    You what?... :confused: :rolleyes:
    Originally posted by mountainchrisriver
    im going to try make it but it will prob split or something
    ill let u no how it get on
    pigsback points:3,250
  • sellingmysoul666
    i just love this dress - it's the one i have been looking for in the shops for years -

the magistrate dress looks good as well
    "what lies behind us & what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us" Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Tasuke
    Wow, thanks for the link to such an excellent site! So much stuff to see!
    Kubuntu GNU/Linux user | Nintendo DS player

(... And it's Tas-keh, not Ta-sook. )
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,087Posts Today

8,126Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • If you just listened to @BBCRadio4 you and yours, here's more info on the new money & mental health policy institute https://t.co/qnvONjGx7G

• Ill be going in to Call You & Yours on @BBCRadio4 at 12:15 to discuss debt & mental health (and feverishly writing my weekly email too)

• Leicester win the DOUBLE... the Premier League and the World Snooker Championship. Everyone's a fox tonight!

• Follow Martin