🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

VENT: BRIGHT - LIFE, luxurious leather topped footstool - photos attached

Options
Torby
Torby Posts: 1,704 Forumite
edited 18 August 2010 at 5:18PM in Praise, vent & warnings
Thought I would order one of these for my mum....this is what they sent. After loads of problems (and lies from customer services) I eventually got a refund...

DON'T BUY FROM BRIGHT - LIFE UK

they didn't even offer an apology for the rubbish they sent.

DSCF0204.jpg

DSCF0211.jpgDSCF0213.jpg
I'm now a retired teacher... hooray ...:j

Those who can do, those who can't, come to me for lessons:cool:

Comments

• PinkLipgloss
    PinkLipgloss Posts: 1,451 Forumite
    Options
    Eeeek!

That's disgusting!
    "Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" (Douglas Adams)
  • Torby
    Options
    Eeeek!

That's disgusting!

and looking at all the funny spores on it....possibly a health hazard.

• bella*donna
    Options
    Gross. What on earth was their explanation for it?
  • SimbaSimon
    SimbaSimon Posts: 810 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Was that brought as 'new' or is it meant to look like its been used and sat in a shed for several years?
  • Coopdivi
    Coopdivi Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    Options
    More on this thread.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1795373

Do they have a website?
  • PinkLipgloss
    PinkLipgloss Posts: 1,451 Forumite
    edited 17 August 2010 at 9:18PM
    Options
    SimbaK2K wrote: »
    Was that brought as 'new' or is it meant to look like its been used and sat in a shed for several years?

:rotfl:

Perhaps it should be advertised as a "luxurious used rustic leather topped footstool".

EDIT - Addition OP - is this them?

http://blogs.mirror.co.uk/investigations/2009/01/asas-dim-view-of-brightlife-uk.html

http://jdmmarketingltd.com/
    "Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" (Douglas Adams)
  • Torby
    Options
    Gross. What on earth was their explanation for it?

sadly, but not surprisingly...they didn't give an explanation....OR...an apology, just a "standard", here's your refund for your cancellation....I had to pursue them for my original postage costs as well.

Second time I actually spoke to their "overseas" customer service dept, the guy told me to "dump" the item as (in his own words) "it costs £5 from their own pocket if they have to uplift the item which only cost £14.95" ... luckily I held onto the item under my duty of care responsibility and guess what, the collected it the following day.

I also criticised the lies told by 2 of their customer service team and suggested they check the recordings of my phone calls to prove what I had been told, but heard no more about that either.

Think I may have to post my own recordings (made for training purposes to demonstrate to others and family members how to deal with "overseas" call centres) to further highlight how ill-informed, badly trained customer service staff work for them and how despicable their service and quality of merchandise is.

• Torby
    Options
    :rotfl:

Perhaps it should be advertised as a "luxurious used rustic leather topped footstool".

EDIT - Addition OP - is this them?

http://blogs.mirror.co.uk/investigations/2009/01/asas-dim-view-of-brightlife-uk.html

http://jdmmarketingltd.com/

thats them....and now I receive (nearly every 48 hrs) some sort of catalogue or "you have won" type of correspondance.

@coopdivi, no I haven't been able to find a website, just an overseas call centre and a PO box in Liverpool....says it all really.

Bright - Life UK ... Everything you never really wanted to buy ... at a price you never thought you would end up paying!

• Torby
    Options
    does anyone have the facility to find the UK directors name?...I've been to Companies House online but was unable to discover very much.
    Thanks

• Freddie_Snowbits
    Options
    Torby wrote: »
    does anyone have the facility to find the UK directors name?...I've been to Companies House online but was unable to discover very much.
    Thanks
    Situations like this call for the services of the Honourable Marc. His guided ability on google will answer your needs in times like this.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport