Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    foxwales
    Singleton Car Boot Sale - Swansea
    • 16th Aug 10, 9:13 AM
    Singleton Car Boot Sale - Swansea 16th Aug 10 at 9:13 AM
    Just thought it would be useful if I posted up some information here on Singleton Car Boot sale.

Location: Opposite Singleton hospital in the car park of the Welsh National Pool.
    Frequency: Every Saturday
    Cost: 10 per car for sellers collectible later in the morning by stewards
    Time: I would say aim to get there by 6am if you want a pitch to sell as when I arrived there it was filling up very fast.

Never done a car boot before?: You just turn up there, make sure you bring a table or something to display your items on as these are not provided. Useful if you bring someone with you too so one can watch the stall as the other gets coffee/tea and can allow one another toilet breaks.

My experience - people are here for bargains, if you want to sell an item that you would like to achieve over 5 for, then leave it at home and sell it on ebay instead. I found it extremely difficult to sell good quality items for a decent price. 5 for an Xbox game isn't much, but to these bargain hunters, it was too pricey!
    Last edited by foxwales; 16-08-2010 at 9:20 AM.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,554Posts Today

7,952Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Rare Tesco 500 extra pts code (worth £5-£20) for new AND exist cust if you do £60+ online food shop. Ends tomorrow http://t.co/3PBwqjFNRb RT

• RT @lalahiggins33: @MartinSLewis thanks to your piece on Victoria Derbyshire last week I'm nearly a grand richer due to MIS sold package ba?

• I'm limbering up for my new @itvthismorning "do it or don't" slot. I'm meant to have the wisdom of Solomon, wisdom of a salmon's closer

• Follow Martin