Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    FOXGLOVE
    Giffgaff order confirmation email. Scam?
    • 2nd Aug 10, 11:36 AM
    Giffgaff order confirmation email. Scam? 2nd Aug 10 at 11:36 AM
    Hi

Not sure if this is in the right forum or not.

Received an email on 30/07/10 saying I'd ordered a giffgaff SIM. Looked up the company and they are a mobile SIM card company. I'd never heard of them and definitely not ordered a SIM card from them.

Thought maybe someone had signed up and put wrong email in but the email greeting states my first name.

Since then I've received an email saying the SIM pack has been sent and info on how to activate it. I've considered that they may have got my details through a third party but still a little worried that they're saying I've placed an order. So I went on site and attempted log-in, typing in my email in the 'forgot password' box.

It says my email is not recognised?!?!

Makes me think it's a scam as they're saying I've placed an order yet my email doesn't appear to be registered.

Anyone else had this email from giffgaff? What should I do if I receive this SIM pack?
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,897Posts Today

8,869Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • On train home from Birmingham. Had dinner by the canal there this evening. Lovely area, very sunny and picturesque.

• Fantastic run by new UK star Zharnell Hughes in @BritAthletics #BritishChamps 200m.I was v proud to present the medal http://t.co/sSSXpM1SBZ

• Ok a wee bit chuffed. Just been asked if I'd like to present a medal at #Britishchamps, someone is now missing a hand as I bit it off!

• Follow Martin