Has any used deltatronics.co.uk site to purchase?

Options
Apologies if this is in the wrong board, please let me know if so.

Found an item at a good price on the deltatronics.co.uk but the site doesn't look too professional. I know that this doesn't always mean anything but I wanted to see if anyone had used them or had any problems with them?

many thanks in advance

Comments

• fwor
    fwor Posts: 6,810 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    The site was registered less than 8 weeks ago, and was registered to a supposedly non-trading individual, "Tim Walker", so there are no address details given.

I could not see any real address details given on the website either, nor any way to contact them other than a "Contact Us" form, though I confess I didn't look too hard.

Given the above, I would not even consider buying anything there.
  • jgallcash
    jgallcash Posts: 645 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I had a look myself and just didn't have confidence to buy through them. I'd rather pay the extra £5 and get the item through Amazon.

many thanks
  • chrizla
    Options
    ive just cancelled an order on a tv that wanted cash on delivery as the paypal didn't work. This is bogus isn't it.?? If Tim Walker turns up at the door whats the best plan of action??
  • fitshase
    fitshase Posts: 443 Forumite
    Options
    but they have a "super customer services department..."

I would stay well clear.
  • SummerNightsPixie
    Options
    Im findig this thread quite helpful. thank you all who have posted here, i just found an item on their website however for some reason i was rather suspicious. They do have some contact details on there now, nontheless i googled their postcode and did not find them as a registered company in the area they claim to be... guess ill be using Amazon myself as well.

oh also might as well mention that I found that they (deltatronics) and this other company (lichfieldhifi) have a very similar layout of the webpage....in fact i cannot find any contact info for lichfieldhifi...ooh iv just spotted they have the same REVIEWS for the item i was looking to buy!! these must be scamers =(

well im not going to use either
  • linksers
    Options
    Thank for this thread jgall cash. I purchased some multiplug extensions earlier this week and still haven't received them so got a bit suspicious and did some online investigating and found this thread. I was quite suspicious when ordering since their contact form did not have a choice of phone numbers or addresses to contact but just a blank contact form. And also when checking out, I opted to pay through PayPal but that also didn't work. Fortunately they offered a pay cash at delivery which is the option I went for.

Although it is very suspicious I still hope they pull through and deliver my products cause they are so cheap! :rotfl:
  • alanwjones
    alanwjones Posts: 709 Forumite
    Options
    The option to pay through paypal is no longer available any longer also there is now a £5 postage charge, I emailed the company yesterday refering to this thread, of course had no answer !!
    I think I'll pass on buying from these people.
    Every day when I wake up I thank the Lord I'm WELSH. .
  • carak
    carak Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 15 June 2010 at 9:00PM
    Options
    I ordered an item on their website last week and when I received nothing, began to dig around. I emailed their "customer service" several times without any reply. I rang my credit card company today and was told that their has been no attempt to take the money by deltatronics. They have closed down my credit card and are issuing me with a new one, as they said that what often happens with these kind of sites is that they sit on the credit card details and then withdraw large sums in a month or two when they figure people have forgotten about it.
    I was glad to discover this thread, which made me take action before ending up out of pocket. Thanks.
  • kevnlilley
    Options
    Oh no! I've just read this thread following a google search for deltatronics.
    My wife ordered an ipod touch 2 weeks ago and hasn't heard a thing since. Deltratronics don't reply to queries sent via their "contact us" page and there seems to be no other way to contact them at all.
    As stated above, the site name is registred to "Tim Walker" and whois.com reports him to be "an individual" who has declined to make his contact info available.
    Yikes - alarms bells are ringing !!!!

I will contact my credit card company in the morning and get the payment stopped/returned.

I strongly suggest that NO-ONE orders anything from deltratronics.co.uk until he/they put up proper contact and company info (unlikely that'll ever happen!).
  • jgallcash
    jgallcash Posts: 645 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Wow. Just posted some issues about my iPhone and come across this that I posted a couple of weeks back.

I hope that it has helped someone avoid being scammed. Incidentally I bought the item, an amplified TV ariel from Amazon and paid the extra £5. The item actually was not able to sort out the problem I had with my freeview box and has been sent back to Amazon for free with the promise of a full refund. Now that is amazing service!!! I think I'd rather pay the extra and be assured of the service I will get.

Take it easy
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport