IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Online Outlet Shopping Discussion
Views: 22,246
Old 11-05-2010, 8:25 PM   #1
MSE Lawrence
Researcher
Serious MoneySaving Fan

This is the place to discuss/suggest:

Online Outlet Shopping Deals

Please click 'post reply' to suggest/discuss outlet stores. Thanks

This Forum Tip was included in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email

Don't miss out on new deals, loopholes, and vouchers

Last edited by MSE Researcher; 14-06-2010 at 11:40 AM.
MSE Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MSE Lawrence For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2
roshydoshy
Old 11-05-2010, 8:49 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

well it would be rude not to reply

(not sure if it's meant for questions like this) i'm planning a trip to Bicester Village sometime this month - as it's a good hour away from me I'm wondering if it's really going to be worth the trip!

Thanks in advance x
THIS YEAR I WILL...
Make a dent in my house deposit savings travelling fund! 600/ 12,0005,000
Declutter and stop buying unnecessary items/clothes/toiletries! Savings pot (2 per item used up/gifted/decluttered/sold) 30 Started properly 24/1/11
GET FIT AGAIN!!!
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following User Says Thank You to roshydoshy For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
Technoholic
Old 11-05-2010, 9:12 PM
MoneySaving Convert

I dont think its worth it really, when i went, there are lots of designer shops where you can get good savings of their stuff, but its still expensive. I think there may be a M&S there although i cant remember, but if so, the outlet M&S are usually quite good.

This is just my view, i went there with the intention of coming away with loads of cheap stuff, i didnt get anything. Other people may think differently, and I havent been for a long time so it may be different now
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Technoholic For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 4
roshydoshy
Old 11-05-2010, 9:13 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Thats how i found it last time and it doesnt sound like its changed! thanks very much!
THIS YEAR I WILL...
Declutter and stop buying unnecessary items/clothes/toiletries! Savings pot (2 per item used up/gifted/decluttered/sold) 30 Started properly 24/1/11
GET FIT AGAIN!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to roshydoshy For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5
scrummy-mummy
Old 11-05-2010, 9:36 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

There isn't an M&S at Bicester, unfortunately

I did make fantastic savings when i purchased my Le Crueset there recently though

P.S. i'm on their mailing list (join via their website) and tend to visit when they send me a VIP discount voucher which gives extra money off at most stores, HTH.
Proud Mum to Scarlet born Feb 07 and James born Jan 09

OS isn't just about saving money and the planet, it's my way of life

Last edited by scrummy-mummy; 11-05-2010 at 9:39 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scrummy-mummy For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6
1984ReturnsForReal
Old 11-05-2010, 9:43 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshydoshy View Post

(not sure if it's meant for questions like this) i'm planning a trip to Bicester Village sometime this month - as it's a good hour away from me I'm wondering if it's really going to be worth the trip!

Thanks in advance x

If you are going to get some expensive stuff cheaper it is very good.

If your going to get some normal priced stuff cheaper it is probably not worth the fuel.

IE: I bought a 700 coat for 200 & well worth the money but I am sure if I searched elsewhere I could of got one just a good quality for 300-400. (we spent loads that day there). On the same day my wife bought a top for 30 reduced from 80 that she could of got elsewhere for 20 but it tore at the seams after a couple of wears.....
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 1984ReturnsForReal For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 7
roshydoshy
Old 11-05-2010, 9:44 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

I already am a member but am looking for a dress of Ascot soooo i'm thinking a voucher won't be out beforehand
THIS YEAR I WILL...
GET FIT AGAIN!!!
# 8
MrsE
Old 11-05-2010, 10:00 PM
PPR
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshydoshy View Post

Thanks in advance x
Bicester is well worth an hours drive
The Following User Says Thank You to MrsE For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9
chrissyxx
Old 11-05-2010, 11:14 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Bicester Village is just down the road from me, so don't have to worry about whether its worth travelling! Have to say, as a mere mortal (ie, local), I window shop a lot but rarely buy there, except at the Clarks Outlet. The rest is probably good if you're a 'label' person, but it's still pretty pricey, and far too rich for my blood! There is a Monsoon, Ugg outlet, and any number of 'designer ' posh shops, but not much of what I'd call 'normal' shops. Much prefer Swindon which seems to cater for a wider range of customers...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chrissyxx For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 10
elnino1973
Old 11-05-2010, 11:17 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Thumbs up Aston Martin Outlet

Aston Martin have an outlet store (clothing and merchandise, not cars unfortunately!!) on ebay.

As I'm a new user, I can't post the direct link, but search for 'aston martin outlet ebay' on Google will give you the link.
The Following User Says Thank You to elnino1973 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 11
starjade
Old 12-05-2010, 1:26 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Liz Earle has an outlet on ebay, its a few quid cheaper than the items on it website as there are imperfections on the packaging (eg misprints)

http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/Liz-Ea...Seconds-Outlet
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to starjade For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 12
lutzi1
Old 12-05-2010, 6:43 AM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Junction 32 just off the M62 at Castleford/ Glasshoughton always worth a visit if you are in the area. The Freeport outlet at Hornsea is also good. We love a bargain in Yorkshire!
# 13
Aidy
Old 12-05-2010, 8:44 AM

To get down with the kids Bicester now has SuperDry, G Star Raw and Miss Sixty / Energise outlets.
# 14
TeegansNan
Old 12-05-2010, 9:19 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Per Una factory shop:
Trafford Knitwear, 35 New Street, Hinckley, LE10 1QY. 01455 614144.
Open most Fridays(10am-4pm), and alternate Saturdays(9am-1pm) This is a Saturday week!!!
# 15
silly sausage
Old 12-05-2010, 10:02 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeegansNan View Post
Per Una factory shop:
Trafford Knitwear, 35 New Street, Hinckley, LE10 1QY. 01455 614144.
Open most Fridays(10am-4pm), and alternate Saturdays(9am-1pm) This is a Saturday week!!!
What sort of discount do they do on retail price? not due any clothes at moment but may be worth a trip if bargains to be had!
# 16
ashpole
Old 12-05-2010, 10:03 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Default Apple Refurb Store

Apple has a UK outlet store, well technically a refurbished items store, with good pricing and warranty.

It's here:

http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/home/specialdeals/

Mike
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ashpole For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 17
SurfBowlSC
Old 12-05-2010, 10:08 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

I work for one of the companies that has a store at Bicester Village (as well as many other outlet villages in Europe).
I would agree that the prices are high for the "labels" but you do get the quality to go with it.
Additionally, with our store, you may get lucky and find an item that was in our Full Price stores a year ago and get it for a tenth of what it was selling for back then. There's nothing wrong with it, it just didn't sell out in Full Price and we still want to make some money on it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SurfBowlSC For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 18
TeegansNan
Old 12-05-2010, 11:42 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by silly sausage View Post
What sort of discount do they do on retail price? not due any clothes at moment but may be worth a trip if bargains to be had!
Typically - jeans 12.50, t shirts 10.00, tops/blouses 10-12.50, cardis 12.50 (I think) I think the most expensive items are 12.50. they do coats and jackets, dresses too, not sure of their prices but great discount.
Most are overmakes or trial runs - you are very unlucky if you get something with a fault. Enjoy
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TeegansNan For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 19
alwaysonthego
Old 12-05-2010, 9:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lutzi1 View Post
Junction 32 just off the M62 at Castleford/ Glasshoughton always worth a visit if you are in the area. The Freeport outlet at Hornsea is also good. We love a bargain in Yorkshire!
I love Hornsea freeport, although it is small, my girls love the soft play area and I always visit the Thortons store, well it would be rude not to

I also like McArthur Glen near York, the next store is really good.
I'm a Board Guide on the Benefits & Tax Credits, Food Shopping & Groceries, Freebies (no spend required), Health & Fitness, Marriage, Relationships & Families, Music MoneySaving, Special Occasions & Other Celebrations boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. However, please remember board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this).
The Following User Says Thank You to alwaysonthego For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 20
djboss
Old 12-05-2010, 9:46 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSE Lawrence View Post
This is the place to discuss:

Please click 'post reply' to suggest/discuss outlet stores. Thanks

]

Just to clarify, I assume you mean a discussion about online outlet stores, not an online discussion about outlet stores?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to djboss For This Useful Post: Show me >>