Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
    • roshydoshy
    • By roshydoshy 11th May 10, 8:49 PM
    • 801 Posts
    • 5,808 Thanks
    roshydoshy
    • 11th May 10, 8:49 PM
    • 11th May 10, 8:49 PM
    well it would be rude not to reply

(not sure if it's meant for questions like this) i'm planning a trip to Bicester Village sometime this month - as it's a good hour away from me I'm wondering if it's really going to be worth the trip!

Thanks in advance x
    THIS YEAR I WILL...
    Make a dent in our house deposit savings fund! £20,000
    Declutter and stop buying unnecessary items/clothes/toiletries! Savings pot (£2 per item used up/gifted/decluttered/sold) £30 Started again 5/12/2014
    Savings loose coins £0 started 5/12/2014
    GET FIT AGAIN!!!
    • Technoholic
    • By Technoholic 11th May 10, 9:12 PM
    • 154 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    Technoholic
    • 11th May 10, 9:12 PM
    • 11th May 10, 9:12 PM
    I dont think its worth it really, when i went, there are lots of designer shops where you can get good savings of their stuff, but its still expensive. I think there may be a M&S there although i cant remember, but if so, the outlet M&S are usually quite good.

This is just my view, i went there with the intention of coming away with loads of cheap stuff, i didnt get anything. Other people may think differently, and I havent been for a long time so it may be different now
    • roshydoshy
    • By roshydoshy 11th May 10, 9:13 PM
    • 801 Posts
    • 5,808 Thanks
    roshydoshy
    • 11th May 10, 9:13 PM
    • 11th May 10, 9:13 PM
    Thats how i found it last time and it doesnt sound like its changed! thanks very much!
    THIS YEAR I WILL...
    Declutter and stop buying unnecessary items/clothes/toiletries! Savings pot (£2 per item used up/gifted/decluttered/sold) £30 Started again 5/12/2014
    GET FIT AGAIN!!!
    • scrummy-mummy
    • By scrummy-mummy 11th May 10, 9:36 PM
    • 209 Posts
    • 1,024 Thanks
    scrummy-mummy
    • 11th May 10, 9:36 PM
    • 11th May 10, 9:36 PM
    There isn't an M&S at Bicester, unfortunately

I did make fantastic savings when i purchased my Le Crueset there recently though

P.S. i'm on their mailing list (join via their website) and tend to visit when they send me a VIP discount voucher which gives extra money off at most stores, HTH.
    Last edited by scrummy-mummy; 11-05-2010 at 9:39 PM.
    Proud Mum to Scarlet born Feb 07 and James born Jan 09

OS isn't just about saving money and the planet, it's my way of life
  • 1984ReturnsForReal
    • 11th May 10, 9:43 PM
    • 11th May 10, 9:43 PM

(not sure if it's meant for questions like this) i'm planning a trip to Bicester Village sometime this month - as it's a good hour away from me I'm wondering if it's really going to be worth the trip!

Thanks in advance x
    Originally posted by roshydoshy

If you are going to get some expensive stuff cheaper it is very good.

If your going to get some normal priced stuff cheaper it is probably not worth the fuel.

IE: I bought a £700 coat for £200 & well worth the money but I am sure if I searched elsewhere I could of got one just a good quality for £300-£400. (we spent loads that day there). On the same day my wife bought a top for £30 reduced from £80 that she could of got elsewhere for £20 but it tore at the seams after a couple of wears.....
    • roshydoshy
    • By roshydoshy 11th May 10, 9:44 PM
    • 801 Posts
    • 5,808 Thanks
    roshydoshy
    • 11th May 10, 9:44 PM
    • 11th May 10, 9:44 PM
    I already am a member but am looking for a dress of Ascot soooo i'm thinking a voucher won't be out beforehand
    THIS YEAR I WILL...
    GET FIT AGAIN!!!
  • MrsE
    • 11th May 10, 10:00 PM
    • 11th May 10, 10:00 PM

Thanks in advance x
    Originally posted by roshydoshy
    Bicester is well worth an hours drive
  • chrissyxx
    • 11th May 10, 11:14 PM
    • 11th May 10, 11:14 PM
    Bicester Village is just down the road from me, so don't have to worry about whether its worth travelling! Have to say, as a mere mortal (ie, local), I window shop a lot but rarely buy there, except at the Clarks Outlet. The rest is probably good if you're a 'label' person, but it's still pretty pricey, and far too rich for my blood! There is a Monsoon, Ugg outlet, and any number of 'designer ' posh shops, but not much of what I'd call 'normal' shops. Much prefer Swindon which seems to cater for a wider range of customers...
  • elnino1973
    Aston Martin Outlet
    Aston Martin have an outlet store (clothing and merchandise, not cars unfortunately!!) on ebay.

As I'm a new user, I can't post the direct link, but search for 'aston martin outlet ebay' on Google will give you the link.
  • starjade
    Liz Earle has an outlet on ebay, its a few quid cheaper than the items on it website as there are imperfections on the packaging (eg misprints)

http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/Liz-Earle-Factory-Seconds-Outlet
    • lutzi1
    • By lutzi1 12th May 10, 6:43 AM
    • 2,666 Posts
    • 48,234 Thanks
    lutzi1
    Junction 32 just off the M62 at Castleford/ Glasshoughton always worth a visit if you are in the area. The Freeport outlet at Hornsea is also good. We love a bargain in Yorkshire!
  • Aidy
    To get down with the kids Bicester now has SuperDry, G Star Raw and Miss Sixty / Energise outlets.
    • TeegansNan
    • By TeegansNan 12th May 10, 9:19 AM
    • 276 Posts
    • 700 Thanks
    TeegansNan
    Per Una factory shop:
    Trafford Knitwear, 35 New Street, Hinckley, LE10 1QY. 01455 614144.
    Open most Fridays(10am-4pm), and alternate Saturdays(9am-1pm) This is a Saturday week!!!
  • silly sausage
    Per Una factory shop:
    Trafford Knitwear, 35 New Street, Hinckley, LE10 1QY. 01455 614144.
    Open most Fridays(10am-4pm), and alternate Saturdays(9am-1pm) This is a Saturday week!!!
    Originally posted by TeegansNan
    What sort of discount do they do on retail price? not due any clothes at moment but may be worth a trip if bargains to be had!
  • ashpole
    Apple Refurb Store
    Apple has a UK outlet store, well technically a refurbished items store, with good pricing and warranty.

It's here:

http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/home/specialdeals/

Mike
  • SurfBowlSC
    I work for one of the companies that has a store at Bicester Village (as well as many other outlet villages in Europe).
    I would agree that the prices are high for the "labels" but you do get the quality to go with it.
    Additionally, with our store, you may get lucky and find an item that was in our Full Price stores a year ago and get it for a tenth of what it was selling for back then. There's nothing wrong with it, it just didn't sell out in Full Price and we still want to make some money on it.
    • TeegansNan
    • By TeegansNan 12th May 10, 11:42 AM
    • 276 Posts
    • 700 Thanks
    TeegansNan
    What sort of discount do they do on retail price? not due any clothes at moment but may be worth a trip if bargains to be had!
    Originally posted by silly sausage
    Typically - jeans 12.50, t shirts 10.00, tops/blouses 10-12.50, cardis 12.50 (I think) I think the most expensive items are 12.50. they do coats and jackets, dresses too, not sure of their prices but great discount.
    Most are overmakes or trial runs - you are very unlucky if you get something with a fault. Enjoy
    • alwaysonthego
    • By alwaysonthego 12th May 10, 9:34 PM
    • 7,912 Posts
    • 10,748 Thanks
    alwaysonthego
    Junction 32 just off the M62 at Castleford/ Glasshoughton always worth a visit if you are in the area. The Freeport outlet at Hornsea is also good. We love a bargain in Yorkshire!
    Originally posted by lutzi1
    I love Hornsea freeport, although it is small, my girls love the soft play area and I always visit the Thortons store, well it would be rude not to

I also like McArthur Glen near York, the next store is really good.
  • djboss
    This is the place to discuss:

Please click 'post reply' to suggest/discuss outlet stores. Thanks

]
    Originally posted by MSE Lawrence

Just to clarify, I assume you mean a discussion about online outlet stores, not an online discussion about outlet stores?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,679Posts Today

5,499Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • On train back from Paris. Lovely but rainy weekend. Yesterday lightening hit c.200m from us, never heard owt like it. Felt like explosion

• Frustratingly just had to leave roland garros to get the train home. #cmonmurray

• Very lucky to have been invited by @ITV to roland garros. About to cheer on @jamiemurray then his little bro later https://t.co/WBVLJ087xT

• Follow Martin