How to get inside this Honeywell thermostat

Options
I have this Honeywell thermostat fitted to my central heating system and it has stopped working.
Its about twenty years old so has probably outlived its usefulness.

Can anyone tell me how to get inside the thing.
There is a small screw on the right hand side, towards the top, close to the wall. I have removed that but still cannot remove the cover.
Is it just stuck on with paint, or is there some other trick?

Also, can anyone recommend a replacement please.

2usjyc6.jpg

Comments

• LondonPlumbers
    Options
    There are 2 little grub screws if I remember correctly, if you found one I think it's either the opposite end or the opposite side if that makes sense :D but where you found one of the screws the other screw will be on the same bit of plastic. Normally the screws are covered in either paint or plaster making them hard to find. To replace this I would recommend the Honeywell T6030 thermostat, takes about 15 minutes to change after you've spent 4 hours looking for the screws. If you can't find the screws, I would just prise the top part of the thermostat away from the bottom using a flat blade screwdriver. Switch of the boiler and programmer first mind:D
  • brig001
    brig001 Posts: 389 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have you thought about a programmable thermostat? This lets you set different temperatures for different times of the day and different days of the week. Ours is set cooler in the morning and warmer in the evening. We also set it to come on later at the weekend when we don't have to get up early. http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&source=hp&q=honeywell+cm907&meta=&aq=1&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=honeywell+cm&gs_rfai=&fp=111dc895cefd94c3
    HTH, Brian.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,876 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    There are 2 little grub screws if I remember correctly, if you found one I think it's either the opposite end or the opposite side if that makes sense :D but where you found one of the screws the other screw will be on the same bit of plastic. Normally the screws are covered in either paint or plaster making them hard to find. To replace this I would recommend the Honeywell T6030 thermostat, takes about 15 minutes to change after you've spent 4 hours looking for the screws. If you can't find the screws, I would just prise the top part of the thermostat away from the bottom using a flat blade screwdriver. Switch of the boiler and programmer first mind:D
    Thanks LondonPlumbers.

A bit of brute force did the job. There was only the one screw, about 10mm long strategically placed to stop the plastic cover being sprung off.

I couldn't find a Honeywell T6030, so used a Honeywell T6360 which seems to be a T6030 replacement.
  • 1984ReturnsForReal_2
    Options
    KeithP wrote: »
    so used a Honeywell T6360 which seems to be a T6030 replacement.

How much did you pay for that?
    Not Again
  • KeithP
    Options
    brig001 wrote: »
    Have you thought about a programmable thermostat? This lets you set different temperatures for different times of the day and different days of the week. Ours is set cooler in the morning and warmer in the evening. We also set it to come on later at the weekend when we don't have to get up early. http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&source=hp&q=honeywell+cm907&meta=&aq=1&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=honeywell+cm&gs_rfai=&fp=111dc895cefd94c3
    HTH, Brian.
    Thanks for that idea Brian.

Maybe that will happen next time.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for that idea Brian.

Maybe that will happen next time.

So in another twenty years maybe?
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • KeithP
    Options
    ...used a Honeywell T6360 which seems to be a T6030 replacement.
    How much did you pay for that?
    Bought it from Screwfix... £21.99.
    Since found it much cheaper though. :(
  • 1984ReturnsForReal_2
    Options
    Bought it from Screwfix... £21.99.
    Since found it much cheaper though. :(

Its not a bad price I dont think though. Especially if you live near one & there is no delivery charge..
    Not Again
  • KeithP
    Options
    macman wrote: »
    So in another twenty years maybe?
    If I stay in this house, yes.
    But otherwise... ??
  • petertaylor
    Options
    hi all,

sorry to dig up an old thread.
    i have what looks to be the same thermostat, and would love to know the model number, so that i can grab a wiring diagram for it.
    i am looking at removing this thermostat, and installing a wireless one. the current thermostat is in the middle of a wall, and to be honest is a waste of a wall.
    another question..... i presume that this thermostat is wired into the "junction box" in the airing cupboard... it looks like the hot water tank thermostat, the pump, the wire to control the water direction and the 2 wire's for the timer all go to this.
    how hard is it to change this thermostat to a wireless one?
    thanks for any information you all provide.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure