Alternative to Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish

Options
I've been using C & P for a few years, and it's been great for my skin. I noticed in Boots today that they have a similar cleanser called No7 Hot Cloth Cleanser.

Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish is £11.25 for 100ml, and the Boots version is £8.25 for 200ml and comes with a muslin cloth. Also, all No 7 stuff is 3 for 2 at the moment and you get a £5 voucher for No7 or Ruby & Millie.

I've just used the Boots cleanser and it was lovely, very thick and creamy. If you like this type of cleanser it's well worth a try.

Comments

• jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I tried this as an alternative- it gave me spots! All Boots No.7 products do, think its because they have mineral oils or petroleum oils in them which clog my pores- either that or they dry out my skin.

Ultra Bland by Lush is quite good but you must remove it with cotton wool or a muslim cloth or you'll be there all day!
  • recovering_spendaholic
    Options
    Hadn't heard of this so thanks, will give it a try. I have just looked at the Boots website and the reviews are all positive. I haven't had a problem with No7 and spots so hope I will be okay with it.
    Jane

ENDIS. Employed, no disposable income or savings!
  • shelby161
    shelby161 Posts: 207 Forumite
    Options
    Has anyone tried the Tesco B natural range.I noticed that they do a cleanser that you use a cloth to remove.I am using a iz Earle sample that i received ages ago and re found!It really is lovely and my skin looks and feels so much clearer!
  • kitekat
    kitekat Posts: 1,283 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    shelby161 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the Tesco B natural range.I noticed that they do a cleanser that you use a cloth to remove.I am using a iz Earle sample that i received ages ago and re found!It really is lovely and my skin looks and feels so much clearer!

Have beenusing the Tesco B natural for 2 or 3 years and i wouldnt change it for anything,my skin is brighter and healthier looking and others have noticed this too.I also use the day and night moisturiser and love it all.
  • Emma37
    Emma37 Posts: 411 Forumite
    Options
    The thing these three cleansers have in common is that you remove the cleanser with a muslin cloth. I think that makes a big difference as each time you use it you're exfoliating the skin. With the dead skin cells removed, it leaves your skin glowing.
  • missm29
    missm29 Posts: 340 Forumite
    Options
    i found the no7 cloth really rough, made me face quite sore.....the cream is ok, doesn't have that wonderful smell of liz earl and doesn't leave me skin feeling as nice.....i won't by it again.....don't think anything will replace my love for liz earle.

Can i ask what you wash your face with in the morning if you use the polish/cloth at night? Feel like i need to use more than just a splash of water, sometimes i just use the liz earl toner on a cotton pad and sweep it all over.

Not sure why i keep trying other products when liz earle has made a big improvement to my skin......
  • Emma37
    Options
    I also found the No7 cloth too rough. I do like this cleanser, but think I'll stick with Liz Earle. The No7 one is fine if you're economising. I like to use Clinique rinse-off foaming cleanser in the morning. You only need a tiny bit so it lasts for a while.
  • Sensemaya
    Sensemaya Posts: 1,739 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I use C&P every morning and then in the evening Smashbox Cleansing Oil...thank you to Mrs E for recommending it...both with LE's muslin cloths.C&P wakes me up and smells lovely. I then follow both with rose water...very cheap and good...then moisturiser.

I've tried Tesco's alternative, but didn't like it and, I think, it does not remove eye make up.

Does the Boots version remove eye make up?
  • Emma37
    Options
    The Boots version does remove eye make up quite efficiently. Thanks for the tip about the Smashbox oil, I'll look out for it on QVC. I don't think you can get Smashbox in the shops.

One thing I would really recommend is the Liz Earle Superskin Concentrate. You just use one or two drops of the oil at night instead of a moisturiser, although you can put moisturiser on top if you choose. It's 100% plant oil, smells gorgeous and is so good for your skin.
  • freesoul_2
    Options
    Having tried quite a few skincare ranges(gatineu,decleor,elemis)nothing was as soothing and natural as Liz Earle's c&p and the rest of the products on my oily spot prone skin,intensive skin treatment is another of my fave's.

I am definately a liz earle convert but i still love Elemis products from time to time.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure