Bright finance - are they still trading?

Options
Hi,
Does anyone know if Bright Finance are still trading. We won our case with the ombudsman for PPI to be refunded and accepted decision on 1st October. It was sold through Bright Finance on behalf of FIRST PLUS. Bright Finance can now not be contacted, they are not picking up phones or emails and website seems to have gone down. Ombudsman is also having problems with getting through. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Jeffs wrote: »
    Hi,
    Does anyone know if Bright Finance are still trading. We won our case with the ombudsman for PPI to be refunded and accepted decision on 1st October. It was sold through Bright Finance on behalf of FIRST PLUS. Bright Finance can now not be contacted, they are not picking up phones or emails and website seems to have gone down. Ombudsman is also having problems with getting through. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi there

It seems that Bright Finance are still active, found some details on "Companies house" here.

Name & Registered Office:
    BRIGHT FINANCE LIMITED
    BRIGHT HOUSE 1 CHURCHILL WAY
    CHAPELTOWN
    SHEFFIELD
    SOUTH YORKSHIRE
    S35 2PY
    Company No. 04203011

spacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifStatus: Active
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • Hopefull2010
    Options
    I believe Bright Finance went into Administration on 21st October 2009
  • nigel.lewis
    Options
    I received a letter last week informing me they are going into liquidation, a creditors meeting is due for the 10th November,
  • di3004
    Options
    I received a letter last week informing me they are going into liquidation, a creditors meeting is due for the 10th November,

Hi and welcome.

Thanks for confirming this.
    I take it any cases for claims will have to be dealt with then through the Financial compensation scheme (FSCS).
    http://www.fscs.org.uk/consumer/
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    edited 6 November 2009 at 8:00PM
    Options
    Date: 3 November 2009 Issue Number: 59232 Page number: 18962 Publication Date: Tuesday, 3 November 2009
    Notice Code: 2442
    Meetings of Creditors

BRIGHT FINANCE LIMITED
    (Company Number 04203011)

Notice is hereby given pursuant to Section 98 of the Insolvency Act 1986, that a Meeting of Creditors of the above named company will be held at 93 Queen Street, Sheffield S1 1WF on 10 November 2009 at 10.30 am for the purposes mentioned in Sections 99, 100 and 101 of the said Act.
    A list of names and addresses of the Company’s Creditors will be available for inspection between the hours of 10.00am and 4.00pm at The P&A Partnership, 93 Queen Street, Sheffield, S1 1WF on the two business days before the date of the Meeting.

Dated 26 October 2009

By Order of the Board

John Battersby Director
  • marshallka
    Options
    Also please note that the FSCS can only deal with things if your loan was taken out on or after 14th January, 2005.
  • di3004
    Options
    marshallka wrote: »
    Also please note that the FSCS can only deal with things if your loan was taken out on or after 14th January, 2005.

Good one for mentioning that Marshallka.:T Cheers ;)
  • justfrank
    Options
    Hi, I am new to the reclaiming and hoping for some help. I have a secured loan with GE Money and sent them the generic letter from here. Just got the response back that as it was Bright Finance that brokered the loan and therfore need to go to them with the query.

So where do I go from here as by the sounds of it they are now in administration.

Any help is much appreciated.
  • justfrank
    Options
    Oh and the loan was taken out in August 2005.
  • marshallka
    Options
    justfrank wrote: »
    Oh and the loan was taken out in August 2005.
    Hi justfrank. As the loan was taken out after jan 2005 then you should be able to take the claim to the FSCS if they are coverered by them (and should be for that date!!). You need to ring them and tell them the name of the company you are making the claim against and they will confirm this to you as they need to be declared in default before any claims can be settled (this may not have happened yet!!). The link for contacting them is here
    http://www.fscs.org.uk/consumer/

Please post back and let us know what they say.

Good luck
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport